Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Pit Lane Performance

Pit Lane Performance Pit Lane Performance, tuning for power and satisfaction. Website Link

Old 22-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #1
WHYME
Next up?

Default Engine build package

I've been looking around online at options for my car and it seems like your workshop is recommended a lot. I own a 2003 BA XR6 Turbo that's completely stock standard besides a transcooler that's been fitted. I would like to start modding the car but a bit concerned with the bottom end of the BA blocks and their weakness. I was looking at the spool import rebuild kits and have heard great success with guys using these rods and pistons in their XR6 Turbos and making good numbers with them.

My car has been looked after with a full service history but unfortunately does have high kays (180,000kms+) so I don't want to tune it and have a ticking time bomb on my hands. Which is why I want to build the engine and do it right the first time. Is this something you guys at Pitlane think we can achieve? I know you don't build engines in house but is their a package we can put together and an engine builder you guys use and recommend? I appreciate and look forward to hearing back from you. Cheers.

Last edited by WHYME; 22-05-2018 at 04:24 PM.
WHYME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2018, 07:43 AM   #2
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. 
Default Re: Engine build package

Hi, I have responded via the PM you sent

Authorised KPM, Herrod Motorsport & SCT Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post