Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

Default Gran Turismo 5 Release Date

It must be getting close now, but still no official release date. They were saying March 2010 way back in September last year, and now its March 2010, still no release date.
How much longer are they going to hold the release of the most eagerly anticipated racing game ever?

gran-turismo.com

EB Games

Spitfire 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

March/April would be sweet, cause thats when I get to use my 110in screen with my Full HD projector.

Hurry Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Chopped
as in chopped

Must be soon, it's not as though they would have the balls to delay it again !!......oh bum >

"Sony Delays Gran Turismo 5, New Release TBA
Racing title no longer hitting this March in Japan.

US, January 12, 2010 - Citing "production-related matters" the much anticipated racing title from Polyphony Digital will no longer be shipping this coming March in Japan.

Reuters is reporting Sony has delayed the release of Gran Turismo 5 to an unspecified date, which the company plans to update in the future.

Sony had yet to announce release dates for North American and European territories, but this news certainly doesn't bode well for fans anticipating a March worldwide release. "
Old 01-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
Must be soon, it's not as though they would have the balls to delay it again !!......oh bum >

"Sony Delays Gran Turismo 5, New Release TBA
Racing title no longer hitting this March in Japan.

US, January 12, 2010 - Citing "production-related matters" the much anticipated racing title from Polyphony Digital will no longer be shipping this coming March in Japan.

Reuters is reporting Sony has delayed the release of Gran Turismo 5 to an unspecified date, which the company plans to update in the future.

Sony had yet to announce release dates for North American and European territories, but this news certainly doesn't bode well for fans anticipating a March worldwide release. "
Well there goes any hope it would be released this month.

This game will be a gold mine for Sony/Polyphony, youd rekon they would want it out ASAP.......
Spitfire 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
hardlynormal

no matter when its released it'll sell bucketloads.
probably trying to slot it into a quiet period where there are no other big titles to steal its thunder, or it steal their thunder.
hardlynormal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah it was originally meant to be around March but is delayed once again. I dont know about GT5, the demo did not really impress me.
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
Spudz27
Call me Spud

It has been so long I won't even bother getting it now. My hype for this game is gone and when you play Forza 3 to death you know GT5 is going to be the same but just on PS3, also after playing the demoand rebounding off scenery like plastic tape, rather than breaking through it, I was turned off.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #8
g220ba
FGX XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
It has been so long I won't even bother getting it now. My hype for this game is gone and when you play Forza 3 to death you know GT5 is going to be the same but just on PS3, also after playing the demoand rebounding off scenery like plastic tape, rather than breaking through it, I was turned off.
How can you assume the game will be the same as forza when the games are made by completely different companies. I expect when the game is released it will be vastly different to the forza motorsport franchise. As for your comments on the demo well it wasn't really a demo as such, it was infact for the gran turismo academy and in reality may be vastly different to the final release of the game.

For those saying it's been delayed again it's only ever had one release date (which was for a japan only release) therefore at this stage it's only been delayed once.
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #9
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Over a year ago I sold my PS3. That I bought at release so I could play GT5. G
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #10
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't care when it comes out so long as the finish it. I've been a big fan of the GT series since the first one but really none of them since the first has been more than 3/4 finished when it was realised they allways seem to forget something major. Sometimes the qualifying gets left out, sometimes the drag racing sometimes a few things are just half finished. They need to be left alone for a few years and just finish something in peace . I'm sure they are watching what's going on with Forza also since they have raised the bar a bit in a lot of ways and also are about to patch the drag racing to be more realistic.

The GT5 demo that came out a couple month ago, the phsyics engine only one, that was years ahead of Forza tho so I'm am looking foreward to it
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #11
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I was looking forward to this but with so many delays, I'm over it quite frankly. I probably won't get it.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #12
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
The GT5 demo that came out a couple month ago, the phsyics engine only one, that was years ahead of Forza tho so I'm am looking foreward to it
Sorry to burst your bubble even more comerade, but it's really wasn't. It may be by release though, they've had enough time!
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #13
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think too many people (me included) are over the delays. Might get it if it goes platinum but having been anticipating it for years now, have given up on it.

Its like when you are really hungry, but are too busy to eat. By the time comes that you can eat, you are no longer hungry.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #14
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Well that makes my purchase of a PS3 tomorrow more difficult! Im looking at a 250GB with Heavy Rain for $560 and have been hanging for a GT5 Pack for years! Maybe Ill hold off until the end of the month.....ah!

Or just get the game and a wheel later.

Ive asked like 4 different EB stores whats going on and all have mentioned certain manufacturers not wanting their old models in the game.

Stupid Sony taking so long.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

3 words:

Duke Nukem Forever.

Thats the way this game will go I reckon.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #16
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the subject of PS3, is anyone else unable to play any games that involve trophies? I was trying to play cod mw2 this arvo and it comes up with some sort of trophy error?
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #17
XRFutura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah it seems to be a worldwide problem, PS3 Error locking consoles globally. My PS3 also has this problem.

Past Vehicles:
2015 Ford Territory TS MKII - diesel burner
2016 Ford FM Mustang GT - The Dream Car
2007 FPV BF MKII GT - popping the V8 cherry
1997 Ford EL Falcon Futura - 6 cylinders of fury
XRFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #18
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Bought my PS3 3 years ago still waiting.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #19
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXY
On the subject of PS3, is anyone else unable to play any games that involve trophies? I was trying to play cod mw2 this arvo and it comes up with some sort of trophy error?
Only just noticed this playing GTA4 today
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #20
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFutura
Yeah it seems to be a worldwide problem, PS3 Error locking consoles globally. My PS3 also has this problem.
There's also dramas with trying to play EA Sports games against those in Australia on your friends list. You can play anyone overseas, except your friends who live 1okm away.

After googling it for days and trying different methods I managed to find a fix that works, it involves manually configuring the last couple of digits in the IP of the PS3, pretty simple to do.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #21
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

GT5 been waiting 4 years... Still waiting.. going to be a hell of a game and for the wait better have some bloody Aussie cars in it and the GT500.

On the console locking thing... i might just steer clear online play for a while.

Last edited by FPV8U; 01-03-2010 at 09:07 PM.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #22
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

I heard a rumour also that they are delaying it till the next financial year.
As there are already some big hitters this financial year so they want to save the release till then.

However there are more rumours that suggest as far back as Christmas this year!

Check out this thread from GTPlanet.net
Gets updated everytime there is something new about the release date.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117303

In particular the last link in that thread.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120702

To past the time, I recommend checking out gtplanet.net or the forums which are updated regularly with screenshots/videos and news.

As if we haven't waited long enough though.
I can't wait for the Forza 4 vs GT5 battle haha.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #23
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cmon cmon cmon hurry up... I guess the longer they delay it, it must be getting better and better. But gee it must be nearly perfect by now!

oh and on the talk of PS3 have issues.. I'm just going to not turn my console on until it's fixed, I don't want to loose any trophies.

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Joshmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #24
Bakis
XR6ED

When it is going to end? I thought was meant to be out 2 years ago and from that point on there just going to be playing catch up with car models. If they base the game on cars from 2 years ago it would be a shame... So many Porsche, Ferrari and other car models could be excluded.

Either way i'll still get it for Nurburging

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Bakis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #25
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I dont see the problem in waiting a few years for something that will ultimatley blow your mind in terms of realisim and get the adrenaline pumping. Think of it like waiting for the Falcon GTHO V10, you just know it will be awesome even though you will be waiting a very long time.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #26
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

But like the HO.. at this rate it's never going to come to the party..
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #27
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
On the console locking thing... i might just steer clear online play for a while.
Its not as easy as that. I can't play mw2 because it checks for trophies when the game is loading up so even if you are trying to play through the story (ie not online) it gives an error message and ends the game. I think some older pre trophy games are ok though.

As for GT5 the waiting times are just not funny anymore. I love gran turismo and will buy it regardless when it does arrive but enough is enough. Polyphony are trying to make the perfect game which is an awesome idea but the problem is the goal posts keep moving (as is the nature of anything based on technology) and if they keep trying to stay ahead of the curve it will never be released and never make any money. Release the ************** game now, patch in any extra stuff (fix the glitches) for a while then get to work on GT6. The worlds best driving simulator is nothing if we can't play it.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:05 AM   #28
fatbats
Starter Motor

By the time it comes out it will be outdated!!!
fatbats is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #29
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I was looking forward to this but with so many delays, I'm over it quite frankly. I probably won't get it.

Agreed I'm so ******************** over it its not funny.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #30
hardlynormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
3 words:

Duke Nukem Forever.

Thats the way this game will go I reckon.
You reckon?
I can't wait for you to be proven wrong.

last i checked DNF didn't have multiple demo's that atleast show progress to the general public
hardlynormal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post