Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Car, Caravan and Pet Insurance Quotes

I got a few quotes for car, caravan and pet insurance.

My i20 varies from $310 a year agreed value of $12,200 with Woolworths. To :
Budget Direct $515 ! They have too pay for their tv ads ! 60% NCB.
Pet Insurance is much the same. But with Pet Insurance it depends on breed for premium and exclusions. I have a Newfoundland and it varies from $1100 with RSPCA to PetPlan $2200 ! "because you have a giant breed dog" RSPCA has the least exclusions for giant breed dogs.
Caravan Insurance, CIL premium went up $130 to $850 with no claims ,for $47k agreed value. Shopped around RACQ is $797 to NRMA $1200. Rang CIL reason for large premium increases is number of claims, By increasing my access to $600 it came down to $784.
Insurance it pays to shop around.
Old 27-11-2018, 06:10 PM   #2
Trevor 57
is now there

Default Re: Car, Caravan and Pet Insurance Quotes

shop around my friend and do some research, there is a huge duopoly with Insurance companies, a bit like Coles and Woolworths

SunCorp own AAMI, GIO, Bingle, Apia, Just Car Insurance, Shannons, InsureMyRide, Vero, Terri Scheer, CIL, Asteron and Tyndall
https://www.suncorpgroup.com.au/about/brands

IAG own CGU, WFI, NRMA Insurance, RACV Insurance, SGIO, SGIC, Swann Insurance
https://www.iag.com.au/about-us/what-we-do/our-business

We only insure with Allianz or QBE (not part of the duopoly and being Australian)
Old 27-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car, Caravan and Pet Insurance Quotes

I wouldn't bother with pet insurance. Find out the premium, then save that money into a bank account each year and hope for the best.
I had it for a little while and got rid of it after they tried to weasel their way out of a claim.
They ended up paying, but they tried to tell me the cuts on my dogs nose was a 'pre existing condition'
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: