Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 27-02-2018, 12:55 PM   #1
Ford guru
Starter Motor

Default Ford MA 2.3 petrol 2009 problems with ford parts

2009 mondeo has issues with engine mount that is right side top of engine not much heat sealing so it burst and collapsed at around 70,000km mark in 2015. Had to replace accessories belt it sheared off and strips of the belt went through the alternator I gess this is next part to go in futures. I Know cousins car same year in diesel 2.0 had similar issues. I try Dayco belt see how it goes it more expensive $105 but better than European made Accssories belt that in book Iam sure it said to change at 180,000 mark no way!
Next proplem I have thermostat housing crack at sensor and it at 130k mark cost rediculous from ford $305 for the housing inc tax and sender assembly $45
Thermostat gasket $29. I replace fords soft disc and pads with DBA discs and Bendix pads and so much better life and feel. Next problem fuel pump failure it in the fuel tank not because of fuel either it never left to run low but dealership wanted $1740 to do job and charged $150 for diagnostic for I pulled the car from there and same job at motor mechanics I know done for $940 installed.
Ford guru is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Ford MA 2.3 petrol 2009 problems with ford parts

I DIY cause I can, your figures above are the sole reason I source from overseas where I can and for what's pricey, only the little stuff I'll get here. It's so much cheaper OS because they're dime a Doz. being such a popular vehicle.

Sorry to read your woes that's an eye opener.
Old 28-02-2018, 12:11 AM   #3
Ford guru
Starter Motor

Default Re: Ford MA 2.3 petrol 2009 problems with ford parts

I actually forgot to mention drivers seat belt buckle needed replacing because sensor inside had fault and couldnt reconise seat belt had been clicked in so I had to go you tube to find how to turn off anoying chime . Which means clicking seat belt in and out 8 times or 9 to turn off bit only tempory it works , to be able afford the $176 doller replacement from Fords Gold dealers. This fault arise around 24000 km mark!
Ford guru is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post