Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 31-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
prasac
Banned

Default NEW PB for BLK-40T one of Oz's fastest registered ''street'' cars just got faster!

1970 Ford Capri
1370kg
1UZ-FE Lexus/Toyota 4L (240ci) V8 (mild port heads, factory lower intake, custom plenum)
8.5:1 Compression
2-Speed Powerglide
7000rpm Converter
2 x GT35/40 Turbo's
Factory rebuilt shocks (front)
Factory leafspring suspension (rear)
Performance:
700rwhp (520rwkw) 22psi BP98 best pass 9.02@151
910rwhp (680rwkw) 29psi E85 best pass 8.20@166 (better times still too come)

driven every weekend, driven to and from the track on racedays (tyres changed at track, however will be making a change to radial soon, so can drive to the track and race on the same tyre ) 100% RTA legal and fully engineered.

some video's
NEW PB 30/7/2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTKcCPpNQ2Y

some wheelstands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJyt9lBf3Hg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YGlBS_xbms
in=car during wheelstand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv0hsXByhg8

Last edited by prasac; 31-07-2011 at 06:10 PM.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Default Re: NEW PB for BLK-40T one of Oz's fastest registered ''street'' cars just got faster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
100% RTA legal and fully engineered.
With that suspension setup for drags?

Eitherway, that is seriously quick.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
prasac
Banned

Default Re: NEW PB for BLK-40T one of Oz's fastest registered ''street'' cars just got faster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
With that suspension setup for drags?

Eitherway, that is seriously quick.
the only thing u will see under there that u won't see on a Capri that rolled off the factory line in 1970 is the 9'' diff and Caltracs. the class we race we have to run factory style suspension.

how it races on the track, is how it drives on the street, nothing suspension wise is touched.

Last edited by prasac; 31-07-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 31-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

this capri is one seriously quick beast man.
here's some of the pics i took of it in between S/F runs (and sprints from the grandstand to get to my runs after not hearing the call )

SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just getting better and better as he gets it sorted
Legit290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Now that's impressive ..Well done !!
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #7
prasac
Banned

dan_b thanks mate, some great pics there. love the one of it going wheels up over the 60', had to give the photographers a shot

how did u end up going in S/F? which car was yours? the sorta lime/green Falcon? i saw it drive past a few times always caught my eye.

clarkey117 it's getting better, alot of issues which clouded what should have been a great weekend. Joe said he would be happy with a 8.20 and he got it. i was very happy because it took me only 1 wheelstand to work out how much boost to leave with 18psi = wheelstand, 16psi =1.31 60' tiny amount of wheel spin, 5500rpm & 14.5psi = perfect 1.285 60' PB

gregAust thanks mate.
Old 31-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #8
TICK4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fantastic effort guys, well done. It takes alot of time and patience to get it right, and great to see you guys heading in the right direction-----> fast !!
Congratulations !!
TICK4D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #9
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
dan_b thanks mate, some great pics there. love the one of it going wheels up over the 60', had to give the photographers a shot

how did u end up going in S/F? which car was yours? the sorta lime/green Falcon? i saw it drive past a few times always caught my eye.

clarkey117 it's getting better, alot of issues which clouded what should have been a great weekend. Joe said he would be happy with a 8.20 and he got it. i was very happy because it took me only 1 wheelstand to work out how much boost to leave with 18psi = wheelstand, 16psi =1.31 60' tiny amount of wheel spin, 5500rpm & 14.5psi = perfect 1.285 60' PB

gregAust thanks mate.
no worries mate, always love watching the capri race.

reckon hayley and grant got some good pics too.

yeah got the acid rush XR8 with the CMS stickers on back 1/4 panels.
Got pipped at the post in the first round by about a door length with a 13.496 @ 103.56 but i'm happy with the whole weekend of racing, it just went so smooth (and quick with the schedule as well, credit to the track staff )
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b

Got pipped at the post in the first round by about a door length with a 13.496 @ 103.56 but i'm happy with the whole weekend of racing, it just went so smooth (and quick with the schedule as well, credit to the track staff )
since Ray Treasure took over, has been alot better and he is a real nice guy. even the staff seem alot happier, as do the racer. though i think for some classes a little more time is needed to set cars up.

that's racing, next time u could win by a door i might join ya next time, been a while since i took the aurion out, gotta practice those lights, last time i went out i only cut 1 light under .1... this weekend we just went out to try and run a number and not even bother with trying to race, just let everyone go first and then he can go.

Grant loves it when Joe goes up in the air, means he gets cash what's funny is a mate that crews with us, his in-laws own Badger Photography you'd think he would go thru them but 20 years of racing at WSID i think he is just so used to buying with Grant
Old 31-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICK4D
Fantastic effort guys, well done. It takes alot of time and patience to get it right, and great to see you guys heading in the right direction-----> fast !!
Congratulations !!
thanks mate, hopefully we can find another .4 of a second Hayesy's NOS Torana is regarded as the fastest street car (legally registered) we'd love to run up there with him, especially with a little 4L Jap motor
Old 01-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #12
prasac
Banned

picture of engine bay, courtesy of the Street MAchine photo-shoot. damn this pic looks great but they didn't use it in the mag

Old 02-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #13
Pub247
Resident F1 Troll

That is an awesome pic wallpaper worthy
Pub247 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #14
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub247
That is an awesome pic wallpaper worthy
i was tempted, but, if my brother ever saw it i would never hear the end of it as much as we love each other and want the best for each other we have a little rivalry which is good it pushes us to go harder n faster
Old 03-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #15
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Great pic Paulie, well done.

AU II XR8 Daily driver.

BF XR8 ute (Red the only true Modification) My Toy.

The boy,

XT Ute 393 cleveland.

Genuine XB GT.
Tucool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #16
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b

Congrats on the NEW PB!

Great Pics Dan was great weather for racing and the schedule was much better then last time a lil to quick sometimes saw us all running back from the stands lol. They really need to fix that up you can't hear the calls if you watching. I did a NEW PB too super slow 15.6 haha
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #17
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Congrats on the NEW PB!

Great Pics Dan was great weather for racing and the schedule was much better then last time a lil to quick sometimes saw us all running back from the stands lol. They really need to fix that up you can't hear the calls if you watching. I did a NEW PB too super slow 15.6 haha
thanks mate, also congrats on your new PB also, doesn't matter the time fast or slow a PB is a PB and ur just as happy as sum1 running 5's as someone running 25's you gotta start somewhere, not everyone has the opportunity or $'s to build a quick car. u might be doing 15's now in 5 years u might be running 10's u never know. keep up the great work.

they did go thru it quite quick, they usually guesstimate everything breakages, oil downs etc.

woohoo yeah baby back in the APSA Top 10 Modified Street Blown cars in the country, sitting at number 9. the 240ci sits up there nicely with all the big cube turbo and NOS cars Mod Street Blown is for factory style suspension cars. that are either blown, NOS or turbo.

Last edited by prasac; 03-08-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #18
mcclup
Starter Motor

The wilson/Kryger torry ran at Mackay for a round of the APSA pro street shootout.
mcclup is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #19
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclup
The wilson/Kryger torry ran at Mackay for a round of the APSA pro street shootout.
the Staunch Torana is an absolute beast, Simon has piloting duties while Johnny recovers from his lil accident we share the same gearbox builder and i have seen the damage up close & personal of what that thing can do to gearboxes will be a shame when it leaves the MSB class next year to join the Outlaw 10.5 class. though im happy, i get to race alongside it with my 10.5 car.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #20
Corzza

Mate thats awesome!!!

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #21
prasac
Banned

thanks Corzza

popped down to vince's last night. unfortunately over the weekend i couldnt check the logging, there was an issue between the logger and my laptop (windows incompatibility?) there was some serious revving issues happening. u can sorta hear it in the video of the 8.20 run just before it chages into 2nd. revs plateau and drop, then pick up again. we think its the gearbox or possibly converter. those are the only 2 things that have changed since, last meet out.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #22
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Thanks heaps yeah I had great fun always do great people in street fighter like Dan Brown along with the rest of the feild makes them great meets.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #23
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Thanks heaps yeah I had great fun always do great people in street fighter like Dan Brown along with the rest of the feild makes them great meets.
good stuff, yeah i think the new management has made people alot more relaxed also. seen Ray running around all day like a mad man, its great to have them on top of everything.

i was nestled between 2 of my favourites cars Joe Gauci's Cortina and Pistol Pete's Camaro, Campo's beast was 1 over also, gotta love it. such a cruisy atmosphere.