Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

Default Actual horsepower?

I'm currently trying to work out what my actual HP is now I have run some times in my ED

Now I have weighed the car twice on 2 different weigh bridges as I thought the first reading was out, it just seems the cars a lot heavier than first thought. Its weighing in at 1610kg with me onboard, and my last dyno result was 382rwhp.

Its run a best of 11.49@121mph but its best mph has been 126mph so I have used some calculators to try and work out what its really making and it suggests 500hp at the crank. I thought this was a bit high considering the 382rwhp the dyno showed.

Does 500hp seem correct?

Old 11-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
prasac
Banned

Default Re: Actual horsepower?

yeah thats about right. 450hp = 121mph, 510hp = 126mph.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
JG33RD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I tend to agree, the lower mph could be due to other things the 11.49 would have to be from a 500fwhp engine in a 3500+lb car.
JG33RD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

I was running the high Mph passes on the Friday night but was having wheel spin issues. The freezing cold temps were making a sizeable increase on the horsepower, well the seat of the pants and mph anyway.

The saturday the Mph was down but I had plenty of traction. The 11.49 pass had a 60ft of 1.97. It was the only run i had a 60ft under 2 seconds. Its a massive slug off the line with a 2500 stall in it, boost doesn't come on til 3000. So hopefully its got a bit more in it with a better stall, and I still have plenty of tuning left in the setup.

Cheers for confirming guys, Im pretty happy a engine I machined and assembled on a lunch break as a 3rd year apprentice makes 500hp.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
Pub247
Resident F1 Troll

talk it up im suprised you remembered to put all the bearings in......
Pub247 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post