Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #31
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Re: Australian Drag Racing Controversy Puts Sport At Crossroads

Guys have a read of the ERS proposal, there is a lot to read good news if it happens we get group 1 at Melbourne and Adelaide will have a track again..
http://www.eliminatorracingseries.co...SProposal-.pdf

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #32
Fireblade
Wizard Member

As I said a couple months ago and the proof is in that document, The Group 1 circus will kill off all other categories and they are only looking after themselves. If this happens I won't be paying to go watch.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #33
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
As I said a couple months ago and the proof is in that document, The Group 1 circus will kill off all other categories and they are only looking after themselves. If this happens I won't be paying to go watch.
we had a debate on this at the club meet on tuesday.

my thoughts are what a croc of s$i%! it'll be no different to what is is now and that's the sad thing.
too many hands in the cookie jar and way too many egos.

i think groups 2,3 and 4 should start their own series and i reckon it would attract a lot more spectators than the group 1 circus, why? who wants to look at an empty track for an hour after each race?

i just want to race, the political bul$%1t is killing this sport
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2011, 12:19 AM   #34
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b
we had a debate on this at the club meet on tuesday.

my thoughts are what a croc of s$i%! it'll be no different to what is is now and that's the sad thing.
too many hands in the cookie jar and way too many egos.

i think groups 2,3 and 4 should start their own series and i reckon it would attract a lot more spectators than the group 1 circus, why? who wants to look at an empty track for an hour after each race?

i just want to race, the political bul$%1t is killing this sport

WSID Track Championships are pretty much just Groups 2-4, i think last year a TC with Top Fuellers only got about 2000 spectators. i dont know if they promote it well. the WSID Track Championships will now be presented on Speed channel. Adrian '2Rismo' was out last meet with a camera doing some filming.

alot of guys are moving to these ''smaller'' associations, like the APSA. i am a big supporter of the APSA. and they have backing from the publications for instance Extreme Magazine and Street Machine are heavily involved with them. together they have a circulation of over 100,000 magazines a month. the APSA has had some huge meets, the Pro Street stuff goes off. not sure how many at Sydney during the May shootout i'd say 5000+ spectators over the weekend. at the Calder Park APSA meet last year close to 20000 and another i think had 15000, and the 10.5 Shootout last year at Willowbank was 8000. Sport Compact Jamboree also gets big crowds. the guys that promote them do a fantastic job, its not just racing it's stalls, things for kids to do etc etc.

Last edited by prasac; 12-08-2011 at 12:32 AM.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #35
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
The other categories will still support these events....in the States there separated also headed Top Alcohol its called the Pro Series..
In this model Top Alcohol and pro mod bike will be under ERS, if this set-up can give Adelaide a drag track its good win for S.A racers.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #36
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Adelaide has a better chance to get a track now with Tony Thornton now resigning from ANDRA he was the main person blocking AIR for sanctioning and therefore from re-opening.

From my understanding from talking to a racer (That I know personally and work with) involved in Group 1 and Group 4 and also involved in the meetings at Willowbank recently the other categories won't be supporting to this new proposal. They will be left to go by themselves.

Don't get me wrong the proposal looks good for Group 1 and hopefully will get drag racing more recognised, but they have left the other categories out of this proposal and there are a lot more racers in those categories. When I go to watch it is not just Group 1 I go to see.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #37
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
WSID Track Championships are pretty much just Groups 2-4, i think last year a TC with Top Fuellers only got about 2000 spectators. i dont know if they promote it well. the WSID Track Championships will now be presented on Speed channel. Adrian '2Rismo' was out last meet with a camera doing some filming.

alot of guys are moving to these ''smaller'' associations, like the APSA. i am a big supporter of the APSA. and they have backing from the publications for instance Extreme Magazine and Street Machine are heavily involved with them. together they have a circulation of over 100,000 magazines a month. the APSA has had some huge meets, the Pro Street stuff goes off. not sure how many at Sydney during the May shootout i'd say 5000+ spectators over the weekend. at the Calder Park APSA meet last year close to 20000 and another i think had 15000, and the 10.5 Shootout last year at Willowbank was 8000. Sport Compact Jamboree also gets big crowds. the guys that promote them do a fantastic job, its not just racing it's stalls, things for kids to do etc etc.
Stalls, things for kids to do entertainment is the Key to the success of these events. Went to off street racing on wednesday and the crowd was bigger and a better buzz around the track then at a TC round.

Dan any chance for A & B in SF for some closer racing hence more fun.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #38
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Stalls, things for kids to do entertainment is the Key to the success of these events. Went to off street racing on wednesday and the crowd was bigger and a better buzz around the track then at a TC round.

Dan any chance for A & B in SF for some closer racing hence more fun.
the organisers only think about the racing, i don't know if any other stuff is discussed to attract more people.

miss the street meets, haven't taken the Aurion out for ages. will be doing street meets again with the Capri soon also, getting a bit warmer track won't be too slippery.
Old 14-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #39
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

If powercrusie can attract the numbers of spectators they did for the past few years for the Off Street Racing then surely Drag Racing can take some notes.

What times does the Aurion run Illl have to borrow Dads and take if for a run down the strip.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #40
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

I used to regularly attend drag races at Calder Park in the 1990s and was left unimpressed with the way the sport was run. Haven't attended a drag meeting since the 2001 TAC Nationals. It doesn't surprise me to hear this news.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #41
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
If powercrusie can attract the numbers of spectators they did for the past few years for the Off Street Racing then surely Drag Racing can take some notes.

What times does the Aurion run Illl have to borrow Dads and take if for a run down the strip.
14.8@97 but im 135kg. there was a guy out there, he was a whippet (75kg) 1/4 tank it was running 14.5@97 fairly fast for what it is. quicker than a stock I6 Falcon
Old 14-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #42
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Cool Re: Australian Drag Racing Controversy Puts Sport At Crossroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
14.8@97 but im 135kg. there was a guy out there, he was a whippet (75kg) 1/4 tank it was running 14.5@97 fairly fast for what it is. quicker than a stock I6 Falcon
Pffffffft mine with stock tune ran 14.0 @ 98 last month and i'm 105kg .....
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #43
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace
Pffffffft mine with stock tune ran 14.0 @ 98 last month and i'm 105kg .....
oh did i forget to mention i backed off at half track impressive numbers Daz.