Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #391
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: TDCI Focus

I got a rear camber kit too, easy job as well?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #392
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

The camber kit is a great idea too. Your rear will love you for it! I had Pedders put my camber kit in, then do the wheel alignment.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #393
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord
The camber kit is a great idea too. Your rear will love you for it! I had Pedders put my camber kit in, then do the wheel alignment.
I hope so haha, might do the Focus sway bar tomorrow after I do my Falcon exhaust.
Old 13-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #394
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I've got some issues already, I think the tyre is rubbing on the guard somewhere, as I get an odd vibration.

I also think I've done some damage to the car, I went over a speed hump and hit something under the car, about 5 minutes later the speedo started acting up, then the ABS and traction control lights have come on.

I'm guessing wheel speed sensor for the ABS, traction control and speedo to be playing up.

I've also only got about 10cm clearance from the front tyres to the guard, is that right?

FML.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 13-03-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 17-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #395
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well the Goodyear NCT oem tyres on the 2008 TDCI-the last 2 gave up the ghost on Thursday at 84000kms. I was doing 110km/hr in the fast lane when the tyre noise level developed a loud rumble-got her over to the breakdown lane and the tyre was smoking.11 square holes around the rim of the tyre truly life expired.
Now have 4 toyo teo plus all around and the car for the first time in its life is substantiaaly quieter. I hated those noisy Goodyears!
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #396
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

We found the issue, I smashed the wires off the wheel speed sensor, simple solder job but still wasn't too happy about it. I have to be more careful.

Also the front right OEM tyre is rooted, badly, the far inside edge is basically bald and has chunks out of it.

I've got a set of 18" Mondeo XR5 wheels coming for it on monday.
Old 17-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #397
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

aH YA DID ITon purpose to getta rid of ya goodyears.

Arent you worried it will ride like a dray with 18'' wheels on??
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #398
rand0mn00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
Well the Goodyear NCT oem tyres on the 2008 TDCI-the last 2 gave up the ghost on Thursday at 84000kms. I was doing 110km/hr in the fast lane when the tyre noise level developed a loud rumble-got her over to the breakdown lane and the tyre was smoking.11 square holes around the rim of the tyre truly life expired.
Now have 4 toyo teo plus all around and the car for the first time in its life is substantiaaly quieter. I hated those noisy Goodyears!
by the sounds of things your tyres were past their minimum legal limit thousands of KMs ago
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #399
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
aH YA DID ITon purpose to getta rid of ya goodyears.

Arent you worried it will ride like a dray with 18'' wheels on??
Not too fussed because I've also got an EL Fairmont Ghia which will be on the road soon, so that will probably become my daily and the Focus will be the weekender.
Old 17-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #400
ConradP

18"s aren't too bad on eibach springs I put the wheels on before the springs and wanted to kill myself every day, but the springs made the ride 100x better, so you'll have no worries, a little rougher but still liveable.
Old 18-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #401
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradP
18"s aren't too bad on eibach springs I put the wheels on before the springs and wanted to kill myself every day, but the springs made the ride 100x better, so you'll have no worries, a little rougher but still liveable.
Thats good to hear, I think because the springs are progessive, so they get harder as the spring compresses more (example the harder you turn, the more the spring compresses, the harder it gets the further it compresses) where as if you just drive it normally the springs probably don't compress much at all so there is still comfort there.

I really need a wheel alignment and the rear camber kit done, because the rear wheels are noticably off camber, to the point where you can easily pick it looking from behind the car, the rear wheels are leaning on their inside corner.
Old 29-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #402
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Car is in for adjustable sway bar and rear camber kit, hopefully done tomorrow.

New tyres going on Saturday, Toyo Teo Plus, hopefully a bit more quiet.
Old 30-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #403
ptwhite2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
New tyres going on Saturday, Toyo Teo Plus, hopefully a bit more quiet.
The Teo Plus is a super quiet tyre - you won't believe your ears!

Just don't expect great handling or good wet weather grip, but if you do a lot of highway driving you'll really appreciate them.
ptwhite2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #404
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwhite2003
The Teo Plus is a super quiet tyre - you won't believe your ears!

Just don't expect great handling or good wet weather grip, but if you do a lot of highway driving you'll really appreciate them.
Majority of my driving is highway work but I do like to have some fun haha.

Unfortunately my mechanic couldn't fit my swaybar, but he did the camber kit for me. He reckons the swaybar is the wrong type and the links are wrong, which part numbers did you guys use?
Old 30-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #405
ConradP

Quote:
Majority of my driving is highway work but I do like to have some fun haha.

Unfortunately my mechanic couldn't fit my swaybar, but he did the camber kit for me. He reckons the swaybar is the wrong type and the links are wrong, which part numbers did you guys use?
Yeah InFocus had the same issue I think, the bar is right but we need different links, message him for the proper part numbers.
Old 31-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #406
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damo, I did have the same problem. The guys fitting my springs and sway bar only realised it when they had the thing off. They managed to get a set of suitable links from the local Ford dealer, which probably erased a lot of the savings I made on the other gear by buying over the Net...

I'm not sure of the part number/s, but you need the ones that hang down like dogs' nuts. I believe they're standard on LS/LT's of most descriptions, and also on LV Zetec's. Anyway, this is what they look like, if that's a help.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #407
ConradP

This could be it?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200550928...#ht_1144wt_901
Old 02-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #408
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

+1 for Toyo TEO PLUS, so much more quiet than the Goodyear NCT Junk.

Though it seems the wheelnuts on these things strip really easy, my mechanic did up the wheels with an impact gun, and I rounded a nut getting it off with a damn cross brace, it just rounded it off. The tyre place got it off, but its totally rooted now, unfortunately they didnt have a suitable wheel nut with that big of a taper, either did Repco or my local auto store, so I'm getting around with 4 wheel nuts on my front left wheel lol.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #409
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_..._number=KLC157

?
Old 18-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #410
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I blew a low beam globe this morning, thats two in 30,000km, I'm using Phillips +100s though, they have a shorter lifespan.

I should get around to replacing it this Sunday, not going to replace it with the super duper phillips +100 globe because I have a sneak peak of whats in the mail for me:

Old 19-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #411
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

I would love to fit a set of xenons to mine, trouble is for them to be legal they have be set up with headlight washers as well, which although not impossible could still be a PITA to install :(
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #412
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Damo any chance you can let me know the price of this set up, ive been tempted to order these lights for my focus but i havnt yet.
Im guessing you purchased the complete light, ballasts and globes yeah?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #413
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

So far with just assemblies and ballasts were at about $1300 shipped.
Old 19-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #414
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Phwoar I don't love them that much, my ebay search continues.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #415
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

If I didn't go genuine ballasts I could have knocked at least $250 off the price but to keep things easier in regards to mounting I decided to spend the extra cash to keep the **** farting around down.

The assemblies themselves are about $700, but its all genuine. They're also bixenon,which means one globe for high and low, keeps wiring simple.

If you are game and willing to butcher a pair of headlights you can pry them open, cut a hole into the reflector, mount a HID projector in there and reseal, but Ford headlights are permasealed and its a massive bastard of a job to split apart. I got quoted $960 in labor to have someone do it for me if I provide everything. Works out cheaper just to buy genuine and if its genuine you usually face less issues.
Old 22-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #416
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

My passenger headlight blew on last Thursday, I procrastinated about it until yesterday after work, replaced it, this morning my drivers headlight blows...

So I replace it at work, then one of the clips snaps off the drivers headlight assembly, it basically just pulled out of its hole. Its sitting in there ok, the screw is tight but it moves diagnally a little bit.

Good timing on the HIDs I reckon.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #417
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The lights arrived today, one assembly has been broken in transit, the entire inside assembly is loose.

Not too happy.

Also the wiring headfooks begin.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 06-06-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #418
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

That's so annoying when you've been waiting for ages and it turns up damaged :( Who was it shipped through ?
Old 06-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #419
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

DHL Airmail

Whats happened is one of the clips inside the assembly has snapped, so the inside of the assembly which holds the lights moves left/right/up/down.

Emailed European Parts, I sent it via insured airmail, so hopefully things work out alright.

On the upside, having inspected the lights, they have a factory connector, which looks the same as whats on my Focus, which are going to ballast power inside the assembly, plus highbeam, indicators etc. It could just be a case of plug it in and off we go.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #420
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

On the upside, having inspected the lights, they have a factory connector, which looks the same as whats on my Focus, which are going to ballast power inside the assembly, plus highbeam, indicators etc. It could just be a case of plug it in and off we go.
That would certainly be a bonus for you under the circumstances, hope it all works out well for you mate