Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 30-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
reds89

Default mid life crisis

Mate of mine is having the best mid life crisis you could have.A year and a bit ago he decided he wanted to go dragracing,so with his trusty xw falcon of we went to Sydney Dragway and we started racing in street fighter and running in the track point series,so far after sunday night the car has gone from 16.24 when we started to our best so far of 14.19@97mph,2 runner up trophys and one championship trophy,the car is nothing special as far as engine goes but just keeps getting better,we picked up a couple tenths getting rid of his 20year old super coil and stock single point dizzy.
We hope to step up to super street soon so all i have to do now is rig up a remote electric charge so i can get him down below .200 reaction,suppose i should give him a little leeway he is an old fella suffering a crisis.
Go Ruffnutz Racing.

reds89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 
Default Re: mid life crisis

You mean he's older than myself ??? Lol...
Couldn't be that old !!!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
jcxr
Tribal Elder

If he's not 60, he is a boy.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Someone else having THE crisis; although I thinks mines a second childhood, beauty, we can form an association or sumfin.....

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
blueovalchef
Starter Motor

Wink Re: mid life crisis

Well done,
He must have a great Crew Chief to get him moving so well. Don't worry too much about the reaction time, I am sure it will get better with age
blueovalchef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds89
Mate of mine is having the best mid life crisis you could have.A year and a bit ago he decided he wanted to go dragracing,so with his trusty xw falcon of we went to Sydney Dragway and we started racing in street fighter and running in the track point series,so far after sunday night the car has gone from 16.24 when we started to our best so far of 14.19@97mph,2 runner up trophys and one championship trophy,the car is nothing special as far as engine goes but just keeps getting better,we picked up a couple tenths getting rid of his 20year old super coil and stock single point dizzy.
We hope to step up to super street soon so all i have to do now is rig up a remote electric charge so i can get him down below .200 reaction,suppose i should give him a little leeway he is an old fella suffering a crisis.
Go Ruffnutz Racing.
it's a great pleasure to race with and against greg and the crew at Ruffnutz Racing, especially now that it is getting closer to the 13 sec mark.
we'll see you all at TNT next month.
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #7
blueovalchef
Starter Motor

Thanks Dan, It is a good Street Fighter family and competition. Good Luck for 11/12 season
blueovalchef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
reds89

All we havta do is get the driver to stop talkin,and concentrate on the lights instead,and get the lazy crew chief to stop sleeping on the ramps of the truck and tune the car,hahaha.
reds89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #9
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Greg pulled out a good reaction time to beat me with a hole shot win i was taking it easy on the lights after reading this and his time sheets from last meet that electric shock works a treat ill have to get a pit crew.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post