Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 26-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Calder Park new PB

Took the XR down to Calder yesterday. What a turnout!! At one stage the cars had lined up all the way to the timeslip box. I got there early though, racing started at 3.30pm and we stayed till around 9.30.

Last time i went down it was around 19 degrees and last night the temps dropped to 9 degrees at around 8 oclock. The car reeled off a best of 13.286 @ 106.32 mph. 60ft time was 2.071 and the car was run in full street trim on my 18s. Was very happy with that time, dropped a quarter of a second off my previous PB.

My best NA time was 14.28 so with a little bit of good old centrifugal boost the car has managed to drop a full second and pick up 8.5 mph.

Also saw James (XHXRSIX) there with his turbo windsor, wicked sleeper. Anyone else from here there as there were quite a few Fords there?

XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default Re: Calder Park new PB

Calder had a Trade Fair there yesterday - attracted more attention than usual.

Great time for full street trim - nice 60 foot as well considering you were running on 18's

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
Calder had a Trade Fair there yesterday - attracted more attention than usual.

Great time for full street trim - nice 60 foot as well considering you were running on 18's
Yeah thats part of the new format, they had a couple of stands there last time aswell. There were a few E series cars on display too (i think from the boosted falcon forums).

That 60ft was with a stall speed of 1400rpm, which is the car's happy point, any higher and it would run slower lol. Im itching to crack a 1.9X on this tire and wheel combo but i need a little more power.
Old 26-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCIST
Yeah thats part of the new format, they had a couple of stands there last time aswell. .
Oh - I dodnt know that

Quote:
There were a few E series cars on display too (i think from the boosted falcon forums). .
Yeah wasnt going to mention that lol

Quote:
That 60ft was with a stall speed of 1400rpm, which is the car's happy point, any higher and it would run slower lol. Im itching to crack a 1.9X on this tire and wheel combo but i need a little more power.
At 2011 AFF Drag Nats i got a 2.1948 60 foot with my 19"s on

I am hanging to crack a 1.9 as well but with NA you have to change the diff ratio from 3.45's to 4.11's for that lol

What diff you running?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Well done George, that's very impressive.
Old 26-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
xr6t_ute

Well done on the pb, yes there was alot of cars last night i managed 5 runs in the ute.

Gtx3582
Stage 2 Nizpro kit.

HEADSEX TUNED
xr6t_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #7
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
Oh - I dodnt know that

Yeah wasnt going to mention that lol

At 2011 AFF Drag Nats i got a 2.1948 60 foot with my 19"s on

I am hanging to crack a 1.9 as well but with NA you have to change the diff ratio from 3.45's to 4.11's for that lol

What diff you running?
Got the 4.10s in mine, which i thought would help me get into the 2.00-2.05 region at least. Just need a little more track time with it i guess.
Old 26-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #8
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Well done George, that's very impressive.
Thanks Yousseff, im pretty stoked with the cars performance for the power its making.

My intake pipe behind the headlight squishes down from 3.5" to less than 2.5" which isnt helping. Feels like the car is nosing over a little up top as these chargers are really sensitive to intake restrictions. Ill make something up and head down again next month. Id love to hit a 12 with no intercooler, running the same boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6t_ute
Well done on the pb, yes there was alot of cars last night i managed 5 runs in the ute.
Thanks mate. Didnt see your car run, how did you go?
Old 26-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There was also a 4spd BA XR6T there last night, was having a chat with the owner. The car was making 340rwkw through a 4spd with 3000rpm stall. Process west stage 1 intercooler kit, standard turbo with drivers side side intake and standard plenum. Best run was 11.01 with a 1.8 60ft. Pretty impressive considering the hardware.
Old 26-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
EBW-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw you (and xr6t ute) run, our club had a display in the trade stand area.

Parfs EF ran a 3 12's with 12.6 being its best, also needfordspeed's EA Turbo ran 11.5 @ 120mph on its first outing

phat GUARD ROLLING | 0429 093 302 | facebook
"CHEAPEST GUARD ROLLING IN MELBOURNE"
EBW-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
Boosted
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done on your PB George.
Boosted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
FOMOCO 1
Munch Munch GM's 4 Lunch

Well done fellas, some quick times there. I was there in my creamy Cortina, 14.7 first time racing. Pretty happy for what it is.
Boosted is that you Anthony?? how did you go?
FOMOCO 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #13
xr6t_ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOMOCO 1
Well done fellas, some quick times there. I was there in my creamy Cortina, 14.7 first time racing. Pretty happy for what it is.

Ah yes i was lined up next to you right at the back of the ticketing booth, i made a new pb with a 11.0 124mph

Gtx3582
Stage 2 Nizpro kit.

HEADSEX TUNED
xr6t_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #14
Parfrey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good job George! Was good to say hi and to see your still pushing ahead with your car, nice time for the boost aswell. With some more practise you should be able to get the 60' down a little.. how did you go for traction?
I saw a few others out there including the Cortina, was wondering how she went.
As said i ran a 12.6 @112mph, which i was pretty surprised with! Its only a budget setup all built and tuned by me lol.
Old 27-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #15
Boosted
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah it's me. Nice to meet you the other night. Couldn't get the R1R's tyres to hook, looks like their had one two many heat cycles. 12.007 was the best I could get on a lazy 1.88 60", the other passes(2) no traction at all 2.0-2.1 60". I screwed my timeslips up and went home disappointed..

P.S. Sorry for the thread hi-jack George.
Boosted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #16
FOMOCO 1
Munch Munch GM's 4 Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6t_ute
Ah yes i was lined up next to you right at the back of the ticketing booth, i made a new pb with a 11.0 124mph
Yep I remember now, 11.0 must be fun on the street :-)
Anthony it was good catching up, maybe see you there next meet.
George, my bad on hijacking the thread......
Old 28-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #17
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahaha dont be silly, no need to apologise lol

Well done on your first time out with the Corty FOMOCO

Anth, next time we go, i'll help you push the car through the waiting lanes. When you constantly start it and leave it sitting idling it just overheats. If my thermos kick in just before i run it feels lazy. Best to keep it cool, and start it when your around 4-5 cars from the line.

James it was good catching up, love what you have done with the EF mate and it was running great!! First Turbo Windsor i'd seen in the flesh and your setup is real neat. For a budget build its 10/10. Whats the plan with it now?

Traction was ok, it didnt spin on any of the runs. I had the tyres set at 29psi and not one squeal. The best launch was with 1500rpm, any higher and it was 60 fting with 2.10s, although the car was a little heatsoaked on those runs as they were pretty much back to back. I still think i can get a 2.05 out of it with a little more practice...............how was yours hooking up?
Old 28-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #18
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Great time mate,well done.Good mph aswell.

Maybe try dropping the 18s to 18-20psi so you can get a couple hundred rpm of stall and traction out the hole.Every tenth gained is usually doubled by end of strip(rule of thumb).One tenth or so more of your 60foot(u need 1.92-3) and the 12 will be yours I recon.

You manually shifting or in performance D?

Thats a good time for the BA turbo too considering not overly huge power or mods.
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #19
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I was there on Saturday as well, as Pete mentioned above, saw a few of the cars mentioned but didn't get to see them run....annoying when you're racing your own car as you have a million things going on in your head!

11.0 is a fair effort, if you were only a tiny bit faster and you'd need a cage etc lol.

I raced mine for the first time as well, ended up with a PB of 11.5@120MPH....Don't think anyone would have noticed mine as it looks like a standard EA S-Pack :P
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #20
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Question Re: Calder Park new PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
11.0 is a fair effort, if you were only a tiny bit faster and you'd need a cage etc lol.
A dump away from being given the door
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2011, 03:05 AM   #21
FOMOCO 1
Munch Munch GM's 4 Lunch

I raced mine for the first time as well, ended up with a PB of 11.5@120MPH....Don't think anyone would have noticed mine as it looks like a standard EA S-Pack :P[/QUOTE]

Is that yours, love the sleeper look. Went hard.
Old 28-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #22
Parfrey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XRCIST I had no trouble with traction, had Mickey thompsons on it but i only did a 2.0 60'.. need to have a few more runs or maybe a stally so i can get some decent boost off the line.
The plan at this stage is to tidy up a few things on it, more tuning and go back and see if i can do a bit better I'd really love for it to eventually do a 10 but i dont think i can justify spending the cash to get it there haha.
You should put a stally in yours... 12's for sure!
Old 28-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #23
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
I raced mine for the first time as well, ended up with a PB of 11.5@120MPH....Don't think anyone would have noticed mine as it looks like a standard EA S-Pack :P
Is that yours, love the sleeper look. Went hard.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate!

Any of you blokes gonna head out on the 30th? Parf I reckon you should get a stally and head out again man!
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2011, 03:30 AM   #24
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyDUZ747
Great time mate,well done.Good mph aswell.

Maybe try dropping the 18s to 18-20psi so you can get a couple hundred rpm of stall and traction out the hole.Every tenth gained is usually doubled by end of strip(rule of thumb).One tenth or so more of your 60foot(u need 1.92-3) and the 12 will be yours I recon.

You manually shifting or in performance D?

Thats a good time for the BA turbo too considering not overly huge power or mods.
Thanks man!

The car was gripping well with no traction problems, even when i stalled it to 2000rpm (My tyres are only 1000km old) so dropping the pressure even more may do more harm then good. It just didnt want to go quicker with a stall higher than 1500rpm though. A 1.92 will sneak a 12 in. I manually shifted on every run as well as the car hasnt been adjusted for the 4.11s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
I was there on Saturday as well, as Pete mentioned above, saw a few of the cars mentioned but didn't get to see them run....annoying when you're racing your own car as you have a million things going on in your head!

When you were doing the burnout i heard a few blokes say......"omg what the hell is that, that cant be right, what a sleeper" lol

Congrats on the PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parfrey
XRCIST I had no trouble with traction, had Mickey thompsons on it but i only did a 2.0 60'.. need to have a few more runs or maybe a stally so i can get some decent boost off the line.
The plan at this stage is to tidy up a few things on it, more tuning and go back and see if i can do a bit better I'd really love for it to eventually do a 10 but i dont think i can justify spending the cash to get it there haha.
You should put a stally in yours... 12's for sure!
It will be interesting to see how far you can push it, especially with the stock motor. Maybe consider some E85? It will give you the window of opportunity to go a little more aggressive on the tune without the worry of detonation.

Not too keen on a stall yet, especially on the standard auto. Maybe when i get it rebuilt down the track i can set it up with a mild 2500rpm unit.

I'll head back down next month. Hopefully i can get the car retuned for E85 before then
Old 30-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #25
EBW-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another Auto Fair is on the 30th July guys! Hope to see some more Falcons out on track

phat GUARD ROLLING | 0429 093 302 | facebook
"CHEAPEST GUARD ROLLING IN MELBOURNE"
EBW-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post