Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #841
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Out crusin in the GTP when this old girl tucked in behind me...
Old 17-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #842
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
She has a good speech writer and speaks well. The comparisons with Obama are apt. Politically she’s a charlatan.

Same thing happened with Anna Bligh up here with the 2011 floods, except she was possibly the most unpopular premier in a long time. Cue the floods, she handles herself well and all of a sudden everyone loves her.

Ardern has already said they’re gonna ban semi autos as a result of this. Knee jerk reactions seldom have the effect required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't necessarily agree with your opinion on Ardern but if that's how you see it I'll respect it . I wish Fraser Anning had a speech writer , any speech writer instead of the stupid crap he dished up on all this . He's an idiot.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2019, 07:22 PM   #843
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After hearing the local historical society was struggling with their new IT infrastructure I donated a Sunday arvo to get it sorted for them. They’ve been down for over a month so have a nice surprise waiting for them tomorrow morning. Bit of network troubleshooting, get the nbn working via their network, get printers working again, etc etc etc... No rocket science for an IT Pro, my good deed for the day.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2019, 08:37 PM   #844
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

At the Grand Prix watching Valtteri Bottas win.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2019, 10:19 PM   #845
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Putting the bonnet back on my XC (see projects) after doing some rust work and painting it, then going for a long awaited drive after 2 months.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2019, 10:25 PM   #846
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For it wasnt today but last weekend seeing 5 steam locomotives in steam together this hasnt happened for a long time in SA.
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #847
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
For it wasnt today but last weekend seeing 5 steam locomotives in steam together this hasnt happened for a long time in SA.
Nor Victoria. Love seeing steam in action, guess its been to dry to run them lately.
Did see this Historic diesel set rip through on the weekend.

Can anyone guess the station? Background sort of gives it away.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2019, 09:42 PM   #848
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sydney central with photoshop.
Old 18-03-2019, 09:46 PM   #849
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well i think we can also count out Port Augusta.
Is it seymour?
Old 19-03-2019, 06:33 AM   #850
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Nor Victoria. Love seeing steam in action, guess its been to dry to run them lately.
Did see this Historic diesel set rip through on the weekend.

Can anyone guess the station? Background sort of gives it away.

Head across to Thirlmere ... they run steam through the cooler months (as high fire danger doesn't allow them to run them through warmer months.

https://www.nswrailmuseum.com.au/
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-03-2019, 01:27 PM   #851
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Thirlmere is a great rail museum and just like Maldon heritage railway it doesn't run steam in the hotter months for obvious reasons.

The problem we have here (NE Vic) now is our line was converted to standard gauge recently by ARTC and we can no longer have the usual assortment of steam excursions from Melbourne now as they still run on broad gauge down there.
FYI...A clue on the station is,
a major train accident happened here 50 years ago.

Old 19-03-2019, 02:34 PM   #852
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Violet town Victoria.
Just for record Maldon is a damn nice place i spent 10 days there in January
2 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2019, 02:39 PM   #853
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Thirlmere is a great rail museum and just like Maldon heritage railway it doesn't run steam in the hotter months for obvious reasons.

The problem we have here (NE Vic) now is our line was converted to standard gauge recently by ARTC and we can no longer have the usual assortment of steam excursions from Melbourne now as they still run on broad gauge down there.
FYI...A clue on the station is,
a major train accident happened here 50 years ago.
Sorry ... didn't realise you were in Victoria.

Zig Zig on the way up to Lithgow has been closed for a bit as well .... I think they are working on it to re-open it at some point too.,
Old 19-03-2019, 02:41 PM   #854
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Went and had a look at the MkIV Focus at my nearest Ford Dealer.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2019, 03:04 PM   #855
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
Violet town Victoria.
Just for record Maldon is a damn nice place i spent 10 days there in January
VT, Give the man a lollipop.
Yes Melbourne bound Southern Aurora flew through three sets of points with a dead driver and crash head on with north bound freight train. Very nasty, hence the new memorial gardens and one of the original carriages now here being restored as a exhibition.
Maldon's great,
another funny story... when we arrived my GF wanted to check out the tiny bakery so I went and asked at the station what the terrain was like for mountain biking along the railway line to Muckleford as I already checked over some maps of the forest. Train wasn't running but the track maintenance guys said jump in with us as we need to go and inspect the line, you can see for yourself.
So I went on a merry jaunt through the countryside on this little 4 wheel diesel cart stopping and looking at every cross over and bend in the line. Meanwhile the GF was wondering where the hell could I have disappeared to in this little town until she asked at the station, had they seen me.

Mechan1K,
Always enjoyed the Maitland Railway Heritage Festival usually around this time of year and Clarendon truck and steam rally.

Old 22-03-2019, 10:17 PM   #856
.:4:.
Kicking back

Meat pies. So i told my new apprentice to meet me at a train station which is nothing unusual. He had 2 options, be a bit early or just be late. Obviously i dont care how he gets there but dont be late. I had a good run in and was earlier then i said and he rocked up early. The planned pickup point was a bakery to grab something before work. Running early i canned that. The new bloke was a bit miffed at my decision, but in the car i was explaining that at another place they do next level mexican pies. They sound horrid, chilli beef, black beans, sliced tomato, guacamole and sour cream in a pie. But they work well. My first was a dare that backfired because it was brilliant. Everything just melds together. Anyhow, we get there and the young bloke orders and gets the last one. Clearly they arent a bad thing if they sell out at 6:30 am. So i went with the tried and true steak and mushroom. The young bloke tried to backflip and trade pies but im not having that. I didnt say its good if its crap. So we setup on the picnic table that is the bonnet of my ute. He takes a bite and gives me a look. Takes another bite and lifts his eyebrows, takes a third for scientific reasons then does the good head shake and says this is amazing. Clearly i said they sound like there is alot going on but it just works well. And $6.50 for an average pie is steep, but when its engineered within 2 thou of taste tolerance, its got to be good. Otherwise the pie engineer made some miscalculations and the pie technicians stuffed up.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #857
Olbucko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was able to return the favor and help out my local mechanic who has got me out of trouble more than once, in the past.

He was rebuilding an early Falcon 170 motor for a customer and was getting very frustrated because he was unable to source a rear crankshaft seal for it, seems like they are no longer available in Aust. I was able to put him in touch with a friend and fellow forum member, Cobra269au, who imports performance parts for early Falcon sixes and eights from the US, who was able to supply him with a new neoprene seal, much better than the original packing.

He was most grateful.
Old 23-03-2019, 03:41 PM   #858
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Meat pies. they do next level mexican pies. They sound horrid, chilli beef, black beans, sliced tomato, guacamole and sour cream in a pie. .
Geeze, Your right that sounds horribly.
What happened to the good old meat pie, if I want a pizza, I'll go to a pizza place, if I want Mexican I'll order Mexican food, If I want Indian tandoori..............
Why do these boofheads have to mess with a winning recipe.

Old 24-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #859
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
they do next level mexican pies. They sound horrid, chilli beef, black beans, sliced tomato, guacamole and sour cream in a pie. .
The missus reckons it sounds good.

Not sure I'd attempt one, Think I'd stick to the proven chunky steak
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #860
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
The missus reckons it sounds good.

Not sure I'd attempt one, Think I'd stick to the proven chunky steak
Mate the only reason i ever tried one was it was a dare from a collegue because they sounded terrible. But sometimes it pays off stepping out of the comfort zone. The mexican pie goes hard. Has a little bit much vitamin f in it though, but thats only an issue to those around me afterwards.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2019, 01:49 PM   #861
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

temptes seriously to go on long drive to try these out. Love genuine mexican food.
Old 24-03-2019, 01:53 PM   #862
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
temptes seriously to go on long drive to try these out. Love genuine mexican food.
Frenches forrest is a trek even for me. So i only bother when im working out that way.
Old 25-03-2019, 08:54 PM   #863
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Islamic Jerry Springer
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2019, 10:10 AM   #864
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

But....This also made me feel good today...

40 years on .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUbcaE44cSw...

classic it is ...can't watch it without feeling good .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2019, 05:30 PM   #865
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Discussing job options with another company!..well sister company.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2019, 09:29 AM   #866
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
VT, Give the man a lollipop.
Yes Melbourne bound Southern Aurora flew through three sets of points with a dead driver and crash head on with north bound freight train. Very nasty, hence the new memorial gardens and one of the original carriages now here being restored as a exhibition.
Maldon's great,
another funny story... when we arrived my GF wanted to check out the tiny bakery so I went and asked at the station what the terrain was like for mountain biking along the railway line to Muckleford as I already checked over some maps of the forest. Train wasn't running but the track maintenance guys said jump in with us as we need to go and inspect the line, you can see for yourself.
So I went on a merry jaunt through the countryside on this little 4 wheel diesel cart stopping and looking at every cross over and bend in the line. Meanwhile the GF was wondering where the hell could I have disappeared to in this little town until she asked at the station, had they seen me.

Mechan1K,
Always enjoyed the Maitland Railway Heritage Festival usually around this time of year and Clarendon truck and steam rally.
When I was back in Thirlmere during Winter last year

You get to go up and down the line in the old passenger cars/booths. Good times.
Old 28-03-2019, 06:20 PM   #867
Kicking back

We have a running joke at work, i wont get into it but long story short one place we work has a pig. And we say one bloke hates pigs. The new apprentice grew up on a farm so thinks nothing of slaughtering livestock as he grew up doing it. So he beleived my story of how this other bloke hates pigs and said he wants to off it. I said if you are working on that site under him and he dissapears he is either on the bog or yelling at the pig. So we go for breakfast with this bloke and farm boy starts explaining that slaughtering a pig is the same as other farm animals and getting into the nitty gritty. Mind you the other bloke was smashing a plate of bacon. I started laughing at the look on that guys face of whats this guy on about. Farm boy askes what im laughing about and i just said ill tell you later. Anyrate out of earshot of farm boy the bloke we joke about hating pigs asks me what the hell was that all about, so i explained it was for my entertainment. He says bluntly to me 'you're an idiot'. I reply 'or maybe im the smartest bloke you know'. His response to that was 'maybe, but you're still an idiot'.
Now ive only worked with farm boy a few times and he made only 1 major error. Nothing work related, hes good on the tools, but he said to me in the past 4 days he has learnt more from me then in the 8 weeks with the other boys. Thats a big mistake. So yes everything i teach while working is factual and correct, i go into depth. But it also means that so far the 2 myths ive told that i have backed up with false evidence, he beleives. Neither are job related, but its such a fun game to me.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:00 PM   #868
champ

Picking up my beautiful AU Sportsman fairlane after just over 2 weeks of not seeing or driving it while it has some major surgery performed, ie, removing rocker cover, sending head away for "fixing" as it was just at the beginning of starting to leak coolant. So, took the opportunity to just about rebuild my engine & change/replace anything and everything that needed changing. My God! It is now 18 years old or thereabouts but I tell you what people, I am SO GLAD I spent the money and hung on to it! It's a brand new car and goes better than the day I bought it! 😁 I got so many years out of it and hopefully, I will get just as many more! Couldn't find anything that I liked to replace it with and couldn't bear the thought of anyone else driving my gorgeous fairlane.
champ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2019, 04:43 PM   #869
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

I left work 30 minutes ago.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2019, 04:45 PM   #870
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Woke up this morning with a heartbeat.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: