Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Internet Censorship.

Has anyone else noticed websites such as Live Leak and Best Gore being censored in Australia as of very recently (that is, since the Christchurch massacre)?

I must say, I disagree with this and we as Australians should be outraged
This user likes this post:
Old 19-03-2019, 01:48 PM   #2
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Internet Censorship.

I have no idea what those two websites are, and don't intend to find out.
Live Leak, sounds like what I do outside near our trees when I need to.
Best Gore, the name is enough to for me not to investigate.
My opinion, there are probably a lot of 'strange' websites available in Australia that need to be 'censored' to keep the F'wits from getting 'good' ideas.
When I was a kid, we played Cowboys and Indians ……… the novelty sort of wore off when we were about 10 years old. These days, 25 year old kidults, who should know better, still sit at home playing these games in the privacy of their parents homes.
Old 19-03-2019, 01:58 PM   #3
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i noticed there are zero threads on christchurch, so this one will be deleted very shortly as it only brings discussion about the subject. In his manifesto he mentioned we are putting our heads in the sand, and thats where the thread will go.

liveleak gave reasons for not posting the video as it doesnt want to be a vessel for carefully planned & staged executions to be spread around just like the accused wants it to be. Not sure why your whinging here about it, best gore is full of rubbish that most sane people arent interested in
Old 19-03-2019, 03:43 PM   #4
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Has anyone else noticed websites such as Live Leak and Best Gore being censored in Australia
no, are you sure it isn't just high traffic making the sites time out?
Old 19-03-2019, 04:28 PM   #5
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
no, are you sure it isn't just high traffic making the sites time out?
My phone provider Vodafone redirects me to a Vodafone site stating that the site is temporary unavailable.

Nothing my home wifi and VPN can’t get around I’m sure.
Old 19-03-2019, 05:39 PM   #6
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
When I was a kid, we played Cowboys and Indians ……… the novelty sort of wore off when we were about 10 years old. These days, 25 year old kidults, who should know better, still sit at home playing these games in the privacy of their parents homes.
Lot of sad, strange little people out there that actually want to watch it. They need to get a life.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2019, 05:49 PM   #7
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's a few other countries that love blocking internet sites.
People's Republic of China and "Democratic" People's Republic of Korea are the first ones I think of.
We all know countries that keep their citizens from online freedom are always are the best countries. [/sarcasm]
Old 19-03-2019, 06:54 PM   #8
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

From what Wikipedia describes about Best Gore I suspect we are better off without it. It certainly would not interest me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bestgore.com

Quote:
Bestgore.com is a Canadian shock site owned by Mark Marek,[4] which provides highly violent real-life news, photos and videos, with authored opinion and user comments. The site received media attention in 2012, following the hosting of a video which showed a real-life murder being committed by Luka Magnotta. As a result, Marek was arrested and charged under Canada's obscenity law with corrupting public morals.
Ditto with Liveleak

Quote:
Featured videos often involve graphic content of fatal accidents or shootings
Old 19-03-2019, 07:00 PM   #9
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
I have no idea what those two websites are, and don't intend to find out.
Live Leak, sounds like what I do outside near our trees when I need to.
Best Gore, the name is enough to for me not to investigate.
My opinion, there are probably a lot of 'strange' websites available in Australia that need to be 'censored' to keep the F'wits from getting 'good' ideas.

OK then ......

Old 19-03-2019, 07:01 PM   #10
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed websites such as Live Leak and Best Gore being censored in Australia as of very recently (that is, since the Christchurch massacre)?

Google Chrome automatically bans suspect sites from certain media streaming appliances as they should for adolescent sakes !

just sayin'

Old 19-03-2019, 07:03 PM   #11
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross 1 View Post
Lot of sad, strange little people out there that actually want to watch it. They need to get a life.

Or actually want to be educated in what life is really about .. unlike liberal snowflakes

Old 19-03-2019, 07:25 PM   #12
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Google Chrome automatically bans suspect sites from certain media streaming appliances as they should for adolescent sakes !

just sayin'
dazzzzzlr
Old 19-03-2019, 07:40 PM   #13
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Or actually want to be educated in what life is really about .. unlike liberal snowflakes
If that's how you want to justify watching innocent people getting shot whilst praying go for, kidding no one but yourself.
Old 19-03-2019, 07:40 PM   #14
superyob
Banned

The shooter was an avowed leftist but it is the conservative/nationalists who will be targeted by internet censorship. Hypocrisy x 1000...
Old 19-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #15
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
OK then ......
Your point being …………….. ?
Old 19-03-2019, 08:26 PM   #16
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Fifty people slaughtered while they prayed and you're outraged by internet censorship that prevents you from watching it
Old 19-03-2019, 09:29 PM   #17
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE View Post
Fifty people slaughtered while they prayed and you're outraged by internet censorship that prevents you from watching it
and here is another piece of censorship...

Thread closed.
Closed Thread