Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
hugoti

Default Wiper replacements

I'm in need of replacing my wipers on my Focus ST (2013) and Ford wants to charge me $130 for it. Checking YouTube it seems easy to do. Question is with the number of wiper brands, what do you recommend to get? Trying to stay away from the cheap nasty ones that's all as my wiper is original from 2013 and want one that can last. Thanks.
hugoti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Wiper replacements

damn, even when I went to the dealership for prices they were only $80 a pair. I brought the price down to $40 a pair. Sounds like they are ripping you off. Can't imagine ST wipers to be any different to stock Focus. These are those "aero" ones too without the metal bracket.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #3
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have a look at the Mondeo section of the forum. I think it was Rondeo, has tracked down some good suppliers.
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2018, 11:13 PM   #4
Smiddler
Starter Motor

On my 2011 Focus and Mondeo I purchased the rubber inserts and replaced they , its pretty easy if they are the genuine blades but some after market ones cant be replaced as they are bonded to the backing but its easy to check around $36 for 10 delivered

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10x-Wind...sAAOSw1kRbBaxZ
Smiddler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-07-2018, 06:58 PM   #5
Focii

I replaced my Ford OEM ones with this Bosch Aerotwin set specifically designed for the Mk3. Focus (Bosch A640s). They fit perfectly as they’re designed to be OEM equivalent. They’re also a lot better quality than the Ford supplied ones.

With the current exchange rate it is $AU57 delivered for the set... well worth it IMO

https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/ford-f...n-wiper-blade/
Old 04-07-2018, 12:41 PM   #6
JasTDi
Starter Motor

I got mine from CostCo. I think it was $15 a side. On the MkII Focus a cable tie is needed because the retainer on the wiper arm is too long but other than that all good.
JasTDi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2019, 02:03 PM   #7
comfortablynumb

I replaced mine with the cheapest available from Supercheap Auto.

Cartridge didn't engage on the arm like I thought it should have and was flopping about like the proverbial dick in a shirtsleeve. first time I switched them on one just ripped completely off the arm and shattered.

Took them back to SCA. Manager just laughed at the fitment and replaced them with the next cost up at no extra charge.

No issues since.
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2019, 10:00 AM   #8
LaserLikeFocus

The MK II blades are hard to get. SCA doesn't have the exact replicas. eBay was the way to go (maybe spares box). The actual attachment to the wiper arms required some bush mechanical skills.
LaserLikeFocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2019, 12:27 AM   #9
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Wipertech https://www.wipertech.com.au

I used these guys a few months ago and can vouch for their blades. Aussie owned too.
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #10
numloxx

If they are anything like the 08 Focus blades, I just buy normal cheap wiper blades, take the ends off the Ford blades, pull the old rubber out, and slide the new rubber in. A lot cheaper. $15 for both.
numloxx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #11
KosCo

I support what "Focii" said. I also ordered the same blades (Bosch A640s) from --
https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/ford-f...n-wiper-blade/

i ordered 2 sets - one set for a LW Focus and one set for an LZ Focus. No problems and high recommendation. About $AUD57 delivered to Australia. Took a couple of weeks to arrive
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post