Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Wanted Car bits and other general items

Wanted Car bits and other general items If you want it and it's not in the For Sale section, post it here

Old 10-09-2021, 08:25 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default FG bonnet stone guard

wanted 2012 FG2 XT bonnet protector but it must be clear.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:49 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: FG bonnet stone guard

Can get you new genuine Ford clear protector for $110 plus freight, but that may be a sticking point as they are around 1.6M long, so it will need to be sent via courier as they are too long for Aust Post.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2021, 09:04 PM   #3
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you are the legend.

I have literally just messaged a guy on Ebay he has an XR6 but no mention of mk1 or2.
Over the front of bonnet and top of headlights there shouldnt be much difference or is there.
Roughly what would courier cost to SA 5606 or 5161 daughters place and see her in 3 weeks.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:18 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
you are the legend.

I have literally just messaged a guy on Ebay he has an XR6 but no mention of mk1 or2.
Over the front of bonnet and top of headlights there shouldnt be much difference or is there.
Roughly what would courier cost to SA 5606 or 5161 daughters place and see her in 3 weeks.
2008-14/10/2014 they are all the same regardless of model.

I am only guessing and dont hold me to it, but I estimate a freight cost of $55, but I could be wrong. It could be less it could be more, just comparing to something I sent a while back that was similar in size.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:36 PM   #5
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers, hopefully I can get S/H one.
Old 11-09-2021, 02:48 PM   #6
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well had a win only bidder and $40. plus freight. thanks GT
Old 11-09-2021, 03:24 PM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
well had a win only bidder and $40. plus freight. thanks GT
Good win, no dramas..
Old 21-09-2021, 08:08 PM   #8
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GT LEGEND, I come humbly with bowed head and hat in hand grovelling
Can I buy one of these off you please.
The Ebay seller ...I suspect is a little pi ssed off at only one bid (me $40) I asked him previously about freight and was happy to arrange that and invoice for same.
After auction he said 'I dont have time to stuff around getting quotes I will post it free of charge'.
at this stage I started smelling a rat and was prepared to involve ebay & Paypal.
Tonight I get inform 'the product was damaged and full refund has been arranged with paypal.... I suspect freight would have been more than his $40.
Old 21-09-2021, 08:50 PM   #9
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
GT LEGEND, I come humbly with bowed head and hat in hand grovelling
Can I buy one of these off you please.
The Ebay seller ...I suspect is a little pi ssed off at only one bid (me $40) I asked him previously about freight and was happy to arrange that and invoice for same.
After auction he said 'I dont have time to stuff around getting quotes I will post it free of charge'.
at this stage I started smelling a rat and was prepared to involve ebay & Paypal.
Tonight I get inform 'the product was damaged and full refund has been arranged with paypal.... I suspect freight would have been more than his $40.
Hi Tonz,

Thats no good, people dont realise how expensive freight can be.

Happy to help, send me a PM and we can discuss how you want to proceed.

GT