Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 22-12-2015, 06:57 PM   #1
Mickey6050
Starter Motor

Default Rear passenger window failure

Hi, I have a 2011 MC Titanium, the rear passengers side window is permanently open. I pulled the trim off and had a look, a cable has come loose but it was not immediately obvious where is should go. Any help would be appreciated. Can I do this myself or is it a garage job?

Cheers
Michael
Mickey6050 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2015, 05:35 AM   #2
BC1000stars

Default Re: Rear passenger window failure

Maybe pulling the rear driver's side door trim off and having a look may give you the answer, it'll be a mirror image and should show you where that cable connects to?
Old 23-12-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interested to know what the fault is / was...

Keep us up to date!
Old 23-12-2015, 08:01 PM   #4
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

my neighbours had done the same to the same window, however his has broken part of the plastic mechanism, I don't know if it's the cable anchor point, cable guide (side part) or housing of the actual unit. He's up for the whole lot nevertheless.

I believe he did something and worked it up by hand in the meantime. If this isn't for you then I'd go see a workshop to do the same or for a fix.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2015, 09:13 PM   #5
Mickey6050
Starter Motor

Hi, Thanks, I have propped it up with a small pice of wood cable tied in position, at least then the car is secure. Ill let you know how I go.
Old 24-12-2015, 02:59 PM   #6
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

sorry to hear but good work nevertheless.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2016, 06:15 PM   #7
Mickey6050
Starter Motor

Hi, Tragedy has struck.

I thought I'd check out the other rear door window mechanism.

As I was feeling the cable, tracking it carefully the window suddenly dropped.

I had a good look and think I found the area that the cable attaches to. It's plastic and in this case broken and appears unrepairable.

I now have two rear windows that are US. Both are held up with a piece of wood cable tied in place.

Looks like a job for the dealer.

But on a brighter note, I had to replace the car battery at the same time. The one I got was about 5 cm smaller. I initially thought I was going to have to take it back but the holder has three settings and fitted perfectly. (The car system indicated the batter was low and I didn't want to push my luck. The battery indicator was not glowing green as it should as well)

Kind regards
Michael
Old 19-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #8
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have just had this happen to me this afternoon also.
Just driving along, window up (as always) and then a noise of the glass dropping!!! It just failed like that!!!
Anyway, I was on the way home and contacted Q Ford at Springwood and they were able to get me in first thing in the morning. So off to Ford I go!
Old 20-05-2016, 10:57 AM   #9
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Car is in at Q Ford this morning and they have just contacted me to say that it needs a new window regulator. I guess I have no choice!!!
Old 20-05-2016, 05:12 PM   #10
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
Car is in at Q Ford this morning and they have just contacted me to say that it needs a new window regulator. I guess I have no choice!!!
$580 dollars later!!! All fixed...
Old 22-05-2016, 06:40 PM   #11
RandomThought

I had an EA Fairmont Ghia and the window regulators kept failing. It was always funny pulling up at the toll booth on the M5 and having to open the door after jamming the window up with a bit of wood. Ford finally came out with a fix and then no problems.

What would happen is a small pin that held the gear to the motor would fail. If that is what happened to yours you may be able to drill it out a replace it with a bigger pin instead of replacing it. I would be interested to find out what exactly failed.

And yes I know I am showing my age talking about stopping at a toll booth.
RandomThought is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post