Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-04-2016, 12:51 AM   #31
bundybear75

Default Re: Aftermarket Double Din Head Unit For Mondeo Zetec MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8kado View Post
Bump this thread along again....

Curiosity got the better of me today when by chance seen this MC Mondeo Zetec for sale with a touch screen installed.

Went to check it out 'under cover' as such, I was not interested in the car only the ICE. Was for sale at a dealer and didn't want to be seen as wasting there time, even though I was!
Very nice interface and factory look.

Stole a couple of pics of the make, plus 3 yrs Aust Warranty!
http://aus-audio.com.au/

And the Convers+ screen. Looks as though it is missing some stuff?
Missing,
* CD
* Radio
* Auxiliary
* Phone

And separately, for those interested in the updated firmware Convers+ screen, it also looks like this has the 'Coolant Temp' permanently embedded to the left of the screen which is a great addition (would kill for this), plus a little red slider above the fuel bar.

Don't know what they are worth, but they certainly look great. The addition of inbuilt GPS is massive though.
Not sure if all the other features lost is worth it though?

Some more links.....

Unit:
http://aus-audio.com.au/products/Opal/opfmongps

Price (on sale)
http://www.lifestylestore.com.au/opa...opfmongps.html

Got me thinking now, I wonder if they are as easy to install as plug and play?
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2016, 08:57 AM   #32
Binny

That's really expensive.
These things are all the same inside. Resellers go to a chinese factory and get them to make one of these to their spec as far as the looks and fascia go. Then advertise them as being "on special". RRP of $1990 my butt.
It has a 600MHz CPU which will be laggy as heck. It says it has a High definition touch screen but that's bs. It will have about 800 x 480 like the rest and very ordinary amplifiers and sound quality.

IMO you would be better off buying a brand name double DIN head unit and a fascia kit that you can get off e-bay. I know you can get Pioneer and Kenwood touch screens with Apple Carplay and Android auto for under $1000. No doubt there are others as well.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:40 AM   #33
DougalXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8kado View Post
Bump this thread along again....

And separately, for those interested in the updated firmware Convers+ screen, it also looks like this has the 'Coolant Temp' permanently embedded to the left of the screen which is a great addition (would kill for this), plus a little red slider above the fuel bar.

I think you would find that the temperature is the outside air temperature which is permanently displayed. This is a feature on the MDs, which have the outside temperature displayed on the touchscreen with the time as well as on the instrument display.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2016, 11:53 AM   #34
Mondaveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougalXR6 View Post
I think you would find that the temperature is the outside air temperature which is permanently displayed. This is a feature on the MDs, which have the outside temperature displayed on the touchscreen with the time as well as on the instrument display.
No, the outside air temperature is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen (22° in this case), the temperature gauge that V8kado is referring to is the vertical bar gauge to the left of the car graphic. It was added in a later revision of the firmware for the Convers+ HMI system, normally (e.g. in my 2011) you have to drill down into the Settings menu to see the engine temperature.

Fascinating BTW that this car has the upgraded firmware along with aftermarket head unit, I wonder what its story is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2016, 12:18 PM   #35
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
No, the outside air temperature is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen (22° in this case), the temperature gauge that V8kado is referring to is the vertical bar gauge to the left of the car graphic. It was added in a later revision of the firmware for the Convers+ HMI system, normally (e.g. in my 2011) you have to drill down into the Settings menu to see the engine temperature.

Fascinating BTW that this car has the upgraded firmware along with aftermarket head unit, I wonder what its story is?
Mid 2012 models onwards had the revised Firmware for Convers+, still yet unable to get a dealer to add this update to mine...
Old 12-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #36
DougalXR6

Oops, my mistake. I can now see the temp gauge you are referring too.
I'll open my eyes more next time.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2016, 05:12 PM   #37
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Further to this car, it was a 2014 model. So yes, it must have the later revised firmware then.

Mine 2011 is the same as Mondaveo mentioned, you have to scroll through the menu options. So great feature worthwhile if able to upgrade purely on that note.

For those interested locals (which seems to be a few around this neck of the woods), the car is located at National Capital Motors / Canberra Fleet & Wholesale Centre in Josephson St Belconnen, opposite the John McGrath Ford Dealer.
Worth a look maybe, could also check the firmware number too?

Old 13-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #38
jayess
Starter Motor

Nice to see this thread getting a bump haha

A bit of a late reply to bundybear's post. Yeah these units are mostly plug and play.

Sadly though, my MC Mondeo got T-boned :(
I managed to take out the head unit I bought from Eonon though!!

If anyone is still interested in getting one of these for their MC Mondeo, mine is still in perfect condition, fits flush and looks stock. I bought it for just under $400. I'm aiming to sell it for $300, which includes AU/NZ maps from iGO Primo. Price is slightly negotiable.

I've packed it all back into the original box, will come with all the stuff you need to just plug and play
-Harness
-GPS Antenna
-SD Card with iGO Primo Maps
-Radio Adaptor

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them, otherwise I have posted a lengthy review of this unit earlier in this thread.

I'm located in Melbourne North East

Thanks guys
jayess is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post