Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2019, 07:36 AM   #31
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS vs Ford Mustang GT comparison review

Saw my first one on the road on the way home yesterday.
Looked pretty mean looking back at it in the mirror ... it passed me and i followed it.
not very good looking from the back though. Really bland ... and the rear looked really high off the ground as well.

Owner gave it a bootful. Was rather quiet indeed. Sorta sounded like a V8 ... but nowhere near as a nice or tough as a MY19 GT.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2019, 10:49 AM   #32
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
For the last 8-10 years I've been showing Falcon to American Ford enthusiasts on various forums
feedback in styling and interiors was to say the least disappointing to downright offensive.
This bloke was impressed though ..

Bottom line , it doesn't matter that much . It's a moot point . Falcon is our car , always will be but there are some Americans , European's , etc who like them .

Given the propensity for trucks and SUV's , it doesn't surprise me that our US> friends are ho hum about our mighty Falcon although the minority who do like them REALLY LIKE THEM ..The ones I' know seem to be that way .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #33
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So the Camaro will be badged as HSV. I would have thought for the sake of keeping the GM fanboys happy they would have left it badged as a Chev, or will those who used to put Chev badges on their Commies now put Holden badges on their Camaro ? I guess we will soon find out

To be badged as HSV implies its a Holden special vehicle i.e something better than the standard model, so will the Aussie camaro have performance features not otherwise available in a standard V8 camaro to justify its HSV badging?
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2019, 04:57 PM   #34
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132 View Post
So the Camaro will be badged as HSV. I would have thought for the sake of keeping the GM fanboys happy they would have left it badged as a Chev, or will those who used to put Chev badges on their Commies now put Holden badges on their Camaro ? I guess we will soon find out

To be badged as HSV implies its a Holden special vehicle i.e something better than the standard model, so will the Aussie camaro have performance features not otherwise available in a standard V8 camaro to justify its HSV badging?
Surely you're taking the ****?

I doubt too many HSV owners ripped their HSV badges off to fit Bowtie's so im not sure why the Current offerings would be subject to any different.

HSV enhanced vehicles weren't always performance enhanced so being converted from LHD to RHD is more than enough to be considered enhanced by HSV, not that it really matters, HSV is just a company.

And before you suggest that a LHD to RHD isnt an 'enhancement' it is because driving from the right hand side of a car in Australia is a much better proposition than the alternative due to vision factors, so it is enhanced over its original designation for our conditions.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2019, 05:07 PM   #35
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Camaro's (just like the Silverado's) are Badged/sold as Chev's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Saw my first one on the road on the way home yesterday.
Looked pretty mean looking back at it in the mirror ... it passed me and i followed it.
not very good looking from the back though. Really bland ... and the rear looked really high off the ground as well.

Owner gave it a bootful. Was rather quiet indeed. Sorta sounded like a V8 ... but nowhere near as a nice or tough as a MY19 GT.
You know, I agree with you regarding its looks... I LOVE them from the front, but from the back not so much.. Its almost like they spent a heap of time making the front end look awesome then thought, "Bugger, running out of time" so did the back in 5 minutes...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #36
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the camaro looks much better.

the front of that facelifted mustang is hideous. the first model that was sold here looked much better
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-01-2019, 05:37 PM   #37
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

The Camaro will never sell in this market as a “whatever”, buy it as a HSV, but it as a Chev, or a whatever, it will never be a mainstream product like a Mustang is.

It may not even survive the next product cycle, as the sales in the US are so poor.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2019, 05:42 PM   #38
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
The Camaro will never sell in this market as a “whatever”, buy it as a HSV, but it as a Chev, or a whatever, it will never be a mainstream product like a Mustang is.

It may not even survive the next product cycle, as the sales in the US are so poor.
Wow, he speaks!!

I thought you just lingered around clicking the thanks button on anything jpd80 says

jokes..
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2019, 09:34 AM   #39
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
the camaro looks much better.

the front of that facelifted mustang is hideous. the first model that was sold here looked much better
Except it’s not. It was a bit disliked at first. But after seeing it on the road, next to no one thinks that now. To me its a lot better, especially with the bonnet vents.

Camaro looks like a cartoon. Even the yanks hate it cause it bombed in sales ever since release. GM even made it worse with the coming update which is puke worthy.

Disclaimer- beauty is in the eye of the beholder, opinions are like a holes blah, blah, blah.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2019, 10:01 AM   #40
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Except it’s not. It was a bit disliked at first. But after seeing it on the road, next to no one thinks that now. To me its a lot better, especially with the bonnet vents.

Camaro looks like a cartoon. Even the yanks hate it cause it bombed in sales ever since release. GM even made it worse with the coming update which is puke worthy.

Disclaimer- beauty is in the eye of the beholder, opinions are like a holes blah, blah, blah.
Nail meet head

Even I disliked it when the release photos came out, but it grows on you and on the road they look fantastic.

Also the colours seem to look a lot better on this facelift, example I hated Kona Blue on the 11/12's yet it looks fantastic on the 18's, same with Ruby Red on the 15's.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2019, 10:18 AM   #41
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

My two cents,

Now that Opel Vauxhall is gone, it's a miracle that GM still invests in any RHD vehicles.
HSV deserves high praise for taking a chance with RHD Camaro, GM deserves none.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2019, 10:33 AM   #42
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
My two cents,

Now that Opel Vauxhall is gone, it's a miracle that GM still invests in any RHD vehicles.
HSV deserves high praise for taking a chance with RHD Camaro, GM deserves none.
It will be interesting to see which way GM goes in future with regard to future RHD models now that they have pulled out of many big RHD markets. Holdens poor sales figures aren’t going to help.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2019, 10:53 AM   #43
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
It will be interesting to see which way GM goes in future with regard to future RHD models now that they have pulled out of many big RHD markets. Holdens poor sales figures aren’t going to help.
And then they offer Equinox and Acadia in RHD, there can't be many RHD markets left for GM..
To do that and ignore Camaro as being too risky, did they listen too much to Holden Hardcore?
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post