Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > New and Classic Ford Association of Australia Inc

New and Classic Ford Association of Australia Inc A Queensland based club for all Ford models of all ages of Show “n” Shine standard.

Old 24-12-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
JACKSTAR
Starter Motor

Talking Nav Run

Just thought I might start thread on upcoming nav run. Date has been decided 7th Feb. Really looking forward to it. We have a bit more work to do but it is coming together nicely. Hope everyone is keen for the new year bring along sense of humour and of course brains.There is email to follow so come on guys lets have some fun

DATE: Sunday, 7th February, 2010.

Where: Lone Star Tavern. Grand Plaza, Browns Plains, at lights on Browns Plains Road in the car park.

Time: 7.15am.

What to bring: There will be a morning tea stop during the run. So bring along your morning tea and drinks. There are also toilets all throughout the run.

Lunch: We expect lunch to be at about 12.30-1.00pm. Lunch will be at the end of run. Lunch is a bush BBQ consisting of steak, sausages, potato salad and coleslaw with a tossed salad followed by homemade apple crumble for desert. Tea and coffee are also available. Kids lunch is sausages and chips with salad and ice-cream to follow (kids are 12yo and under).
Adults: $20.50 per person
Kids under 12yo: $7.00 per child.
Money will be collected at the finish line. There will be no EFTPOS or credit card facility for the BBQ lunch payment as it will be one bill for all.

Trophy presentation: 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. There will also be a HARD LUCK trophy awarded.
Please remember that this event will be timed and you will be penalised severely for coming in under time. The boys in blue are very much in attendance in these areas and have been informed of our run. So please obey the speed limits and road rules for your safety and our peace of mind. Each member is attending this event at their own risk and responsibility for their own vehicle and any damage that may occur.

RSVP: 25th January 2010. (With numbers of adults and children for catering)
If you are looking for a great day of fun this is it. We do a bit of time in the Brisbane outer suburbs then we have a bit of country driving to finish with a BBQ lunch. So come on out and see places you wouldn’t normally get to see. Some great twisty roads as well.
If you like to join us just for lunch please let us know and we can organise that too.

E-mail RSVP’s to: newandclassicfordassociation@yahoo.com.au

Last edited by The Force; 19-01-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Added run details
JACKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
lightninGStrike FPV

We will be there, looking forward to it.
Not sure about the brains though? I tend to leave that at home most of the time :togo:
Old 30-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
JACKSTAR
Starter Motor

Talking Nav Run

Must not be any members reading this site any more. Come on guys lets get with it. Finished setting the run yesterday and wow is it bloody good even if I say so myself. I wish I was competiting. Should be an awesome day. Some very interesting questions coupled with some good driving roads and a fabulous barbie and freinds at the finish what more could you ask for. So come on guys lets get some numbers for what will be a fantastic event. : :
Old 31-12-2009, 02:22 AM   #4
Phils XR8
T Series Cub Member

I agree with Jackstar! This will be a great run. I will have the final flyer out by this week-end with all the details and lunch info. The more people the better. The roads a awesome with great views. I would give a you know what to be in this one!! We had a great time on our own setting it up. :

T1 TS50 (Supercharged)
S1 AU XR6
Phils XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why not put the invite out to other forums members. always a good start to get new members in to a club is to invite them to a social type event.

2008 FPV GT - Auto, Seduce Red, Leather Interior, Herrod Performance Air Box with K&N Pod Filter.

2018 4WD Everest Trend - Blue Reflex.
xr6turbo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #6
PDIDDY
Victory is Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turbo2005
why not put the invite out to other forums members. always a good start to get new members in to a club is to invite them to a social type event.
I am sure the club would welcome anyone who wants to come along. All you need to do is talk to our "Fearful" leaders, and they will let you know when and where.
BTW, I would love another "Turbo Brother" in the club : , seeing as I just lost one to the DARK SIDE (looking at you Heath).
Old 31-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #7
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDIDDY
BTW, I would love another "Turbo Brother" in the club : , seeing as I just lost one to the DARK SIDE (looking at you Heath).
I'd only be a part time "Turbo Brother" as i'd more then likely bring the GT to any such runs

2008 FPV GT - Auto, Seduce Red, Leather Interior, Herrod Performance Air Box with K&N Pod Filter.

2018 4WD Everest Trend - Blue Reflex.
xr6turbo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #8
PDIDDY
Victory is Mine

Quote:
I'd only be a part time "Turbo Brother" as i'd more then likely bring the GT to any such runs
Close enough. I'll take what I can get! :
Old 02-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #9
The Force
Rebel

Quote:

I've sent you a PM with the details, let me know if your interested.

Proud Owner FPV Force 8 #85 EGO Boss 302
Founding Member New and Classic Ford Assoc #001
New and Classic Ford Association of Australia Inc
Proudly sponsored by:
"HOGS BREATH CAFÉ"
Proudly Supported by:
"QUEENSLAND POLICE CREDIT UNION"
The Force is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
JACKSTAR
Starter Motor

Well guys this Saturday is final route check day then all should be in readiness for the big day. So far numbers are a bit disappointing so come on everyone a far amount of effort has gone into setting this up so come along and enjoy a great day out with your cars and a few laughs. :
Old 19-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #11
The Force
Rebel

Ive had a few people enquiring about our Navigation Run, so here is the details if you wish to come let me know or you can reply to our club email

DATE: Sunday, 7th February, 2010.

Where: Lone Star Tavern. Grand Plaza, Browns Plains, at lights on Browns Plains Road in the car park.

Time: 7.15am.

What to bring: There will be a morning tea stop during the run. So bring along your morning tea and drinks. There are also toilets all throughout the run.

Lunch: We expect lunch to be at about 12.30-1.00pm. Lunch will be at the end of run. Lunch is a bush BBQ consisting of steak, sausages, potato salad and coleslaw with a tossed salad followed by homemade apple crumble for desert. Tea and coffee are also available. Kids lunch is sausages and chips with salad and ice-cream to follow (kids are 12yo and under).
Adults: $20.50 per person
Kids under 12yo: $7.00 per child.
Money will be collected at the finish line. There will be no EFTPOS or credit card facility for the BBQ lunch payment as it will be one bill for all.

Trophy presentation: 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. There will also be a HARD LUCK trophy awarded.
Please remember that this event will be timed and you will be penalised severely for coming in under time. The boys in blue are very much in attendance in these areas and have been informed of our run. So please obey the speed limits and road rules for your safety and our peace of mind. Each member is attending this event at their own risk and responsibility for their own vehicle and any damage that may occur.

RSVP: 25th January 2010. (With numbers of adults and children for catering)
If you are looking for a great day of fun this is it. We do a bit of time in the Brisbane outer suburbs then we have a bit of country driving to finish with a BBQ lunch. So come on out and see places you wouldn’t normally get to see. Some great twisty roads as well.
If you like to join us just for lunch please let us know and we can organise that too.

E-mail RSVP’s to: newandclassicfordassociation@yahoo.com.au

Proud Owner FPV Force 8 #85 EGO Boss 302
Founding Member New and Classic Ford Assoc #001
New and Classic Ford Association of Australia Inc
Proudly sponsored by:
"HOGS BREATH CAFÉ"
Proudly Supported by:
"QUEENSLAND POLICE CREDIT UNION"
The Force is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #12
Phils XR8
T Series Cub Member

Default Nav Run Info

Hi Guys. If you are interested in the BBQ lunch I need to know how children and adults there are in you group. If you turn up on the day without letting us know you are coming for lunch then you won't be catered for. if you want a flyer about the day please PM me and I will send you one. We need numbers no later than the 30th January.

T1 TS50 (Supercharged)
S1 AU XR6
Phils XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #13
JACKSTAR
Starter Motor

Smile

Come on guys is there any interest out there. If there is anyone interested it will be a fun day but we have to know by no later than Sunday 31/01/2010. So come and join our Ford family for a few laughs.