Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-04-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
mickyj

Default Focus 2012

Ok this was my dad's car from New I think I've just taken it to 18'000.
Now he will never drive again and had to be put in aged care he is fine .
Car questions kind of
Looked in the book cant find how to sync phones nothing in the book
I just noticed today there is a plus and minus on the auto trans selector . What is it for .
And more serious the handbrake light keeps coming on is this a fault . I'm 55 I know how to take off a handbrake lol.
Now I've owned Falcons before and a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer .
Is it me are the focus doors really heavy .

Thanks everyone
mickyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2018, 06:50 PM   #2
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Focus 2012

As ive got an 05 focus the only thing i can answer is the + & - on the gear selector this is for when you move the stick across for up shifting and down shifting which if you ever take it on the open road is a handy feature to have. As for the handbrake light coming on probably a random electrical gremlin mine has the ecm light that comes on and goes away for no reason. 05's were built in south africa which explains the poor build quality im not sure where yours was built.
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-04-2018, 07:45 PM   #3
mickyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
As ive got an 05 focus the only thing i can answer is the + & - on the gear selector this is for when you move the stick across for up shifting and down shifting which if you ever take it on the open road is a handy feature to have. As for the handbrake light coming on probably a random electrical gremlin mine has the ecm light that comes on and goes away for no reason. 05's were built in south africa which explains the poor build quality im not sure where yours was built.

yeah its a bit strange for me some tings seem great and newer than the Mitsubishi but some things don't the old style gas gauge the phone sync never had a car that can do that brake light ding ding half way down the road .
And what I forgot the key only one came with it new the doors feel heavy when you open them Good point you sit higher up turning circle is good
Old 23-04-2018, 07:56 PM   #4
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its true the perfect car would be all of the good points from all of the cars rolled into one.my only couple of gripes that i have with my focus is the switch gear on the wrong side and the fact if you do more than about 2.5 hours behind the wheel the seats are a bit hard. I never noticed the doors being heavy. Its unusual to only have one key as mine came with two.
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2018, 08:34 PM   #5
mickyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
Its true the perfect car would be all of the good points from all of the cars rolled into one.my only couple of gripes that i have with my focus is the switch gear on the wrong side and the fact if you do more than about 2.5 hours behind the wheel the seats are a bit hard. I never noticed the doors being heavy. Its unusual to only have one key as mine came with two.
The key could just be my parents
Doors on the focus 2012 feel heavier than the doors on a 2011 Lancer
Getting out of a tight car park so far focus is better than a Lancer by this I mean
People who park too close behind and in front easier to get the car out in the focus .
I do enjoy the focus still tossing up the better car
Handbrake light is a worry
Some issues could be it wasn't driven enough I think it's last service was for 60 thousand there about just hit 18'000
Old 24-04-2018, 08:04 AM   #6
mickyj

Any clues yet on syncing a phone ?
Old 24-04-2018, 09:46 AM   #7
mickyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyj View Post
Any clues yet on syncing a phone ?
Ok while there's nothing in the book I've found it on you tube
Old 24-04-2018, 04:02 PM   #8
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's nothing in the book because it's a separate leaflet that tells you about all the phone syncing functions. I guess it was misplaced after such a long time.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #9
mickyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
There's nothing in the book because it's a separate leaflet that tells you about all the phone syncing functions. I guess it was misplaced after such a long time.
All good we found info online my youngest will work it out

You could be right I reckon the second key must've gone missing as well .

Thanks everyone
Old 24-04-2018, 09:58 PM   #10
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

check brake fluid level
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: