Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV-Tickford Club of NSW > FPV-TCNSW Club Events

Old 12-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #1
eb six on boost
NO CARBON TAX

Default PERFORMANC events

this seems to be problem with the club for 18months or so now, the only
PERFORMANE event is the dyno day.
this was the reason i didnt renew my membership last year[ to get a $5 discount on dyno day]
i just want to know if its the members that dont want to do high performance stuff eg track days, drag day, driver train etc etc, or is it the events person???

what is planned for this year and what things do current members want to do?

not trying to upset people just trying to find out why this is the only club not doin this stuff

michael [eb six on n20]
eb six on boost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #2
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Imo there should be a group of people to organize and run things that car clubs do like car trials,time trials, gymkana's etc...One person cannot do this on there own..However I'm only too happy to put my hand up and help in these type of events...
I too would like to see more performance type events...Not for cars that have more show than go or vice versa..For those who went to Kandos a couple of years back, an event like that!!!!!!Socialy great, brings whole family in where wife and 2 i.c have some fun...

Last edited by ebxr8240; 12-03-2005 at 11:12 PM.
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2005, 11:11 PM   #3
XR8Chic
I swear its all stock!!

I think we need to hold another track day... or at least do a combined HSV / FPV day at oran park or the creek.

Needs to have enough numbers to make it affordable though - thats the main problem.

I go to oran park probably 6 to 8 times a year for high performance drive days, and at $300 a day (plus the fuel, and wear on your tyres) I can understand how not many people can afford these days.

1993 ED XR8
2006 BF GT
2011 FG XR6 Ute Limited Edition
XR8Chic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 05:33 AM   #4
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
not trying to upset people just trying to find out why this is the only club not doin this stuff

NSW seems to be rather sedate compared to the Vic as far as actually giving their cars a hiding every now and then.

I'm not a member of the FPV/Tickford club but if these events were regular I'd be quite interested in going...maybe even joining the club.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 05:37 AM   #5
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
I think we need to hold another track day... or at least do a combined HSV / FPV day at oran park or the creek.
That would be cool.

The recent WSID days work out to be about $200 a person or so for x amount of people. Even having a quarterly club event would be do-able as that would give most people enough time to put money together for it.

I've never been to a track day myself tho (only drags).

Old 13-03-2005, 03:43 PM   #6
eb six on boost
NO CARBON TAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
NSW seems to be rather sedate compared to the Vic as far as actually giving their cars a hiding every now and then.

I'm not a member of the FPV/Tickford club but if these events were regular I'd be quite interested in going...maybe even joining the club.
yes, and im sure they dont cruise to a pub every three weeks to watch the v8s.

good to see others feel the same.

drag day would be great @$200 each.
eb six on boost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 12:07 AM   #7
stretch
Krispy Kreme Donut Glazer

Ok I do know that the events person has gotten some prices for track days now and some other stuff like driver training things and skid pan days , As some of you might know the commitee has all just changed again and I do believe there will be a lot of changes in the club such as different events for all to enjoy, Instead of the same old thing all the time.Even though it has been good in the past, but yes it is time for some different events such as performance days for the other people.
So with a bit of luck it will be changing soon to make all happy.
stretch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 05:24 PM   #8
Family Man

Default Invite from HSVClub

This is for a skid pan day at eastern Creek the club has been invited to :

Our driver training day on 20th March at Eastern Creek do you have anyone who wishes to go?
If any one would like to go let me now and i shall orgernise it for you,the Price is $90 Approx

Gary
Events@nsw.fpvclub.com

or you can contact Andrew on the Number Below(PS even thought his car has the wrong badge on it he still is a nice guy

Andrew Guesdon

Vice-President

Member# 63

HSV Owners Club of NSW Inc.

PO Box 2280

North Parramatta, NSW, 1750

M: 040 995 5555

E: Andrew@HSV-Grange.com

W: www.hsv.org.au
:
Family Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 07:55 PM   #9
Perun
SSith Lord

Build it and they will come. I think a drag day at WSID should be looked at. We can invite that other club, but I'd be up for it as long as the date suits me. I'd rather pay $200 and get 6-7-8 runs than pay $50 and get 3 runs.
Perun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2005, 12:42 PM   #10
gar80t
Starter Motor

Hi all. Yes over the recent past not much has happened on the "Performance" side of thing (let alone other areas. No disrespect intended.) with the club. I too am/was very dissappointed with the lack of "track" events. However, things WILL change.
Stay tuned.

Rob Tadich.

FPV-Tickford Club of NSW
President.
gar80t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2005, 03:23 PM   #11
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Build it and they will come. I think a drag day at WSID should be looked at. We can invite that other club, but I'd be up for it as long as the date suits me. I'd rather pay $200 and get 6-7-8 runs than pay $50 and get 3 runs.
Definately. Even with 30 odd cars on the day you can still clock in stacks of runs.

Quote:
Hi all. Yes over the recent past not much has happened on the "Performance" side of thing (let alone other areas. No disrespect intended.) with the club. I too am/was very dissappointed with the lack of "track" events. However, things WILL change.
Stay tuned.

Rob Tadich.

FPV-Tickford Club of NSW
President.

Sounds like good news.

Old 18-03-2005, 03:57 PM   #12
Hoops
I'm Back

These type of events are very risky for a club to put on finacially, i know that the club did get burnt about two years ago when they put on a track day.
The only way to do it is to take deposits off people straight away to ensure the club does not lose out.
Good luck with it all, might even get a few guys from Canberra interested.

Hoops
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2005, 07:50 PM   #13
tickin
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

Just to clear up a few things here..
To be fair to the past committee, it is not as simple as most would think to organise an event like these mentioned, but in saying that all of these events have been looked at before.
The club does try to do atleast one track day a year.. there has been a gap between now and the last one simply because we cannot get a date to book in at wakefield (its all booked out till the second half of this year) so the plan was still to get one in.
A problem the club has with even booking the track is when you call up and ask which days are available and then decide on one that doesnt clash with pre organised events Wakefield require the deposit to keep that date for you.. the club obviously then has to (if we have the money to do it) hand over the deposit well before it has even been announced to see how many interested members we are going to have, which is a big risk (because of the limited people willing to participate) in the hope that the keen people can make it on that day.

The drag day... it would be a great day, but to put it simple, we would need to get 30 to 50ish cars to do this, and we just don't have enough members interested in paying $200 each to do this... yes, it is better than paying $40 (or how much on wednesday nights) and getting only 2 or 3 runs, but if people are just not interested, then they just arent.

Driver training days... Brad from the club runs these quite regularly at Oran park, and this would be the best way for the club to participate in one of these days, but these get mentioned at meetings and always put in the club magazine and a few members like kelli and big matt attend, but other than that nobody shows any interest.

These events will only work if there are a reasonable large number of members very willing to participate, they are not cheap things to do, but as everyone knows, most things involving cars/motorsport isnt...

There could be many reasons that lots of members are not interested in doing these types of events.. weather it be money or whatever, and that is entirely up to them. Im just guessing here, but I would say that the big problem with most members is that their FPV/Tickford car is their only car, or their family car and they really cant afford to damage it, and while the risk at these events isnt that great, it is still more of a risk than driving it on a cruise at their own pace...

As for the cruises to pubs here and there to watch the V8 supercars... these cruises ALWAYS attract a good number of members, and while ofcourse its best to vary events/cruises.. the club does have to what the majority of people attend, there is no point in going on different cruises and only getting 5 cars coming along because people arent interested.

In saying all that, im sure Gary will once again look at these events again and try to get interest up, and therefore go ahead if he can, hopefully they can work out this time...

Ben..
tickin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2005, 11:23 PM   #14
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

The club in the end got its money back from that wakefield track day that was weeks from new years day...Too close to Christmass and some would be on hollidays...
Lets see or organise some trials...Not too different from cruises...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #15
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Cheer up Ben, we know you did your best. Thanks for all your time & effort that you put into events.