Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Falcon GT Club of Geelong

Old 29-04-2013, 01:41 AM   #1
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Stolen vin plates

Hi guys, new member with his first entry.

As the title says!!!!!! I purchased a XB Coupe( i think its a GS ) in 1999, drove it around for a year or so before i pranged it. Since then i had it straightened, and the last ten years or so was on a property in Talbot, about 20 minutes from Ballarat

As far as i can remember, all numbers ''were'' matching.

Without getting the original options list from ford, this is what extras its equipped with

351 k code
9 inch
FMX
Sunroof
Air-con
Power Sterring
Power Windows
Red pepper
cloth interior
tape deck
rear demister
Left mirror and adjustable drivers mirror ( if thats such an option )

^ Would have cost more than a GT

The ****** also stole my console, then jerry opened my boot and stole some parts ( brand new indicator lenses and healights in original packaging)

I havnt reported it as yet. i had the car towed back to my House in Melb last week. Since then i`ve been doing a lot of research as who to contact first and how to go about it. As i cant find the original registration receipt. But, my friend that i used to cruise with swears that he has photos of it and the rego plate!

Fingers crossed, once we find that I`m going straight to Vic Roads then The Police, then contact ford to get all its history I was told to even report it to New Zealand Authorities.

I googled '' xb stolen id plates '' and it directed me to a thread in this forum about someone on Ebay trying to sell vin plates for a XB GS van about 4-5 months ago. I cant give a precise time when they were stolen, but i`d say it was within the last 12 months.

Sorry for the wall of text, its late and my head is dead. Any help/advice would be appreciated to the most epic of levels.

Last edited by CoupeKing; 29-04-2013 at 02:00 AM.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
79FordEsky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Stolen vin plates

There has been a few plates for ford coupe's on ebay in the last year or so.

My Survivor 1 owner XC Wagon
Check it Out
79FordEsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79FordEsky View Post
There has been a few plates for ford coupe's on ebay in the last year or so.
Cheers mate. Just got off the phone to Ford for a vehicle history report. Lady said that it would take between 24-48 hours. What she could tell me from the Vin number is that it was From November 1973...so im assuming its from the early XB period.

Went to Vic Roads today and they had no record of that Vin number on their data-base Then a bright spark sitting next to her suggested that she search the engine number..... and it came up!!!! My old address and rego number. So matching numbers car...minus the Vin Tags. LOL

Will be contacting the Police tomorrow so they can file an official report

Anyway its time to start the ground up resto. You will see pics and progress under project cars thread.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck with it mate, there is a lot off scumbags out there.
FERG_51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post