Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Falcon GT Club of Geelong

Old 02-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #1
gtscraig
find dads XW GT

Default Help find dads XW GT,we have documents from new and history for owner.

Hi guy,s,

I,m new here,

I,m trying to find the owner of dads XW GT,reason being we have all the sales documents from when purchased new,even a VIN tag with the cars details and dads name stamped on it.

I thought it would be a good idea,as the current owner would love to hear all the cars history. Dad still has the cars books and factory parts he has kept since.

If anyone could help me get in contact with a trustworthy GT Guru,as i don,t want to sell the info or parts,just want to find the car and owner.

Appreciate any genuine help

regards Craig.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:35 PM   #2
xmcoupe

Default Re: Help find dads XW GT,we have documents from new and history for owner.

Welcome.

I am sure the current owner would love to hear from you.

The person to contact is Ford Forum member: barra64

He should be able to provide assistance.
xmcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-01-2016, 09:40 PM   #3
gtscraig
find dads XW GT

Default Re: Help find dads XW GT,we have documents from new and history for owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmcoupe View Post

Thanks for your help.

I will try to find in members.

cheers
Old 02-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #4
gtscraig
find dads XW GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmcoupe View Post
Welcome.

Just made a PM to him,sent it,but i,m not aloud to send as i don,t have enough posts yet.

Had to screen shoot it,as it was a good PM and i,ll use again,lol.

Thank you for the welcome also.

Craig.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:30 PM   #5
barra64
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Works tirelessly in the Classic helping people understand GT Falcons. Ford Australia have given him acces to their records. Enough said! 

hi craig

drop me an email at gthistorian@bigpond.com

Sounds like your dad was a ford employee/exec ?
barra64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #6
mitelsx2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Always liked the XW/XY Falcon GT`s

Lets hope the car is active on the roads of Aussie

Previous rides: 2011 FPV GTE colour Edge 6-speed Auto, Build #019
BMC Twin air filter, street fighter oil breathers, Window tints & paint protection. CTB Tuned 364 rwKW
XR8 Black Lux pack 2004
Fiesta trend 2017
mitelsx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2016, 05:19 PM   #7
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whether the car exists or not, the gesture is wonderful well done!
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #8
gtscraig
find dads XW GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesgift View Post
whether the car exists or not, the gesture is wonderful well done!
Thank you for your comment,

I hope the car is still about,as the owner would be very happy with the info etc,its a phase 1 1/2, has the 351 Cleveland and 5 slots etc.

Hi barra64,

Will contact you via email.
Old 17-01-2016, 02:33 PM   #9
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

anything to update?
Old 18-01-2016, 10:39 PM   #10
xmcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesgift View Post
anything to update?
Hopefully, a happy XW GT owner.
xmcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2016, 07:19 AM   #11
gtscraig
find dads XW GT

Hi guys and gals,
barra64 was a great help and lead me a bit further,but i,m at a point i can not go any further,have last rego number,but because of privacy laws,i,m stuffed :(

I,ll keep asking people i know,but i asked my best chance last night,and he said his friend got in a bit of trouble once before,handing out info.

Down south its a lot easier in other states.

cheers
Old 19-01-2016, 09:10 AM   #12
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can i ask what state the car is in according to the last rego details?
Old 19-01-2016, 12:57 PM   #13
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtscraig View Post

I,ll keep asking people i know,but i asked my best chance last night,and he said his friend got in a bit of trouble once before,handing out info.

cheers
Not sure who you friend is but I can assure him, that he won't be in much trouble handing owner details to someone in possession of original sales receipts, books, tags of their GTHO.

Show person the paperwork ad proof of your intentions.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #14
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Hi guys and gals,
barra64 was a great help and lead me a bit further,but i,m at a point i can not go any further,have last rego number,but because of privacy laws,i,m stuffed :(

cheers
PM me some info and I'll post it up, I don't give a dam about Australian privacy laws, I say Dam the Torpedoes
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2016, 06:36 PM   #15
gtscraig
find dads XW GT

You guys are probably the best chance word of mouth,i guess .

What i can say is the car was sold from Baulkham Hills in Sydney,probably 30 plus years ago.

My brother in law said he saw the car 22 years ago in Dural ,Sydney.The car was still wearing the plates as shown in pictures.

This picture was taken in our drive way in Baulkham Hills.

Another pic to share

The info barra64 gave me,
I think i,ll leave up to him,as i don,t want to do the wrong thing by him,as he may not want to help people in the future !!

Last edited by gtscraig; 19-01-2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
gtscraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #16
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS View Post
PM me some info and I'll post it up, I don't give a dam about Australian privacy laws, I say Dam the Torpedoes
I think gtscraig was implying his source at the nsw registration authority cant get access to the info without due cause
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2016, 10:24 PM   #17
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The car doesn't have those number plates on it anymore, they were both handed in.
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2016, 10:31 PM   #18
Timbo_021

Really need the chassis number, does any of his paper work have it?
Timbo_021 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2016, 06:21 PM   #19
gtscraig
find dads XW GT

there are lots of numbers,i think these may be the chassis numbers
Serial prefix JG33KP

Serial number 16708

Please bare with me,i,m a holden freak so i,m not that sure with this info

Don,t flame me to hard,i,m doing the right thing ATM.
Old 21-01-2016, 09:06 AM   #20
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im sure someone will come back with some info after using these numbers...hopefully the car still exists
Old 21-01-2016, 08:47 PM   #21
gtscraig
find dads XW GT

Bit of trivia
Dad was the 3rd member of the newly formed GT car club in Newcastle,in 1971,John Hitchcock and his wife were the founders.Here is a sticker i found on the weekend,one of the old water ones like the old rego stickers.
Old 21-01-2016, 09:36 PM   #22
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Bit of trivia
Dad was the 3rd member of the newly formed GT car club in Newcastle,in 1971,John Hitchcock and his wife were the founders.Here is a sticker i found on the weekend,one of the old water ones like the old rego stickers.
Solid gold memorabilia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2016, 09:52 AM   #23
x series

You could try here I know of 4 xwgt in that colour one is a one owner from brand new a couple have saddle trim as to what phase I am not sure.

Good Luck

cheers Morris.

Falcon GT Owners Club Of N.S.W. Inc.
x series is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post