Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Falcon GT Club of Geelong

Old 28-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
grabber
Starter Motor

Default XW Floor hole for Toploader and Floor Brace

I am building an XW GT replica and I am loking for aa template to cut the hole in the floor for the Toploader gearstick and linkages.

I also need an XW floor brace between the seats.

Cheers

Michael

grabber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Default Re: XW Floor hole for Toploader and Floor Brace

I think GT Ford Performance or Grand Tourer Restorations would be able to help with dimensions. I don't know how accurate they would have to be as the Hole was cut with an Oxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Someone posted this here a while ago

gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Thanks for that Greg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Lawmaster
Starter Motor

Hi, I am currently using this template to cut hole in floor. When I mount hump I was wondering how does water and road grime escape from between floor and hump? Do I need to drill holes to allow any water to escape or do I fill between edge of floor pan and hump.
Lawmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post