Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Bin chickens

So im not talking about the ibis bird. Im talking about scabs. So nsw has the incentive for recycling which is great. Return and earn. So thats all fine. I personally recycle and also pay my rates to get my bins collected by the council. No need for my recycle bin apparently. I take it down and within an hour all the glass is emptied and anything else is just now a mess. So the initiative sounds ok, but scum just make things a mess for maybe $3 a bin? Personally i think its too much like hard work scavenging bins when there are things called jobs. I
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2018, 11:02 PM   #2
stock1991
Limited supply

Default Re: Bin chickens

My bin gets raided too and I always have to clean up scattered papers. I don't hear them but I have wondered about people whose house is close to the footpath, do they get woken but the sound of clinking glass
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #3
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm,
may have to make up some stickers;

"All bottles smashed....go somewhere else, you vermin"

Goood business opp. I hear a lot of similar complaints.
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #4
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only bin chickens around here are bin chickens.
Our council hasn't even heard of recycling apart from their BS lines.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #5
Kicking back

Whilst i do live in a suburbia, i own a battle axe with a 55m driveway so the noise isnt an issue. What astounds me is i can take the bin down on a sunday on the way to the pub for a quick steak, and an hour later the bin is empty. Its like they watch my movements the stingey bastards. I could understand maybe keeping things aside for your kid to cash in for some extra pocket money, but bin diving? I guarentee its mostly grown adults rumaging through all the filth. Id rather stay back at work for an hour over raiding 200 or more bins for more cash.
Old 19-11-2018, 08:13 PM   #6
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get someone to hide in the empty bin and jump out when the lid is opened, I bet that would make a good laugh.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #7
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been lucky for skabs, I like the return n earn, i have a 100m frontage and the grits toss bottles and cans out the window all the time, some mowing Saturday’s can net $1.00 from the nature strip

Two weeks back we had the bonus round with $1:00 loose and a further $0:80 in a bag of empty cans

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Be thankful they are only stealing your rubbish not breaking into your house or car.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2018, 08:58 PM   #9
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel View Post
Be thankful they are only stealing your rubbish not breaking into your house or car.
Thats why there is insurance. Major crime isnt an issue where my house is, its just the mess thats left behind that really gets up my goat. Put simply, i only want to put my stuff in the bin once, not twice or chase papers blowing in the wind. The theory behind the return and earn scheme is great, i get that part. But when it gets taken too far it crosses the line.
Old 20-11-2018, 08:35 PM   #10
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

This has been debated on the radio around here lately...seems best solution is to put what they want in a box beside the bins so they don't need to empty the main bin everywhere.
Still not ideal but an idea to try...

Would prefer not to use my insurance for scum breaking into my house either.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post