Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-06-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default HANGOVER help

Hey guys,
I drank thursday night, and last night as well.... and im feeling it big time at the moment. What is the easiest way to get over it?! Anyone tried "Hangover Stop" tablets?

PLZ, i need help.... going at it again tonight in the Cross... :

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

sleep ,eat something ,shower,drink fresh juice and fruit ,that's what i usually do
TUNED BY JEM
TURBO_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 05:57 PM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Oh yes, the vitamins.... *going for some fruit right now :*

Any other suggestions? Ill try them all....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 04-06-2005, 06:04 PM   #4
Kryton

throwing up always help.
or water (but not too much), some spongy food like bread to soak it up, Nurofen, a bath is often helpful....till you stand up again, or just keep drinking for the rest of your life and you wont have a hangover!
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 06:04 PM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Drink a heap of water before you go to sleep and take vitamin B.
Other than that.... dont drink so much, spend money on your car instead of grog :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 06:04 PM   #6
Thornie
Off smelting

keep drinking
or killing yourself also helps :P
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 06:06 PM   #7
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

You need vitamins, vegemite on toast, because it has lots of vitamin B. Alternate between fruit drinks and glasses of water, and try a berocca as well. Rest is the best thing, along with fresh air, so keep your window open while you lay down.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:07 PM   #8
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTTuS
keep drinking
or killing yourself also helps :P
Ahh yes, keeping on drinking my favoured plan of attack :evil_laug
Old 04-06-2005, 06:08 PM   #9
Pik0

lol
i woke up with the mother of all hangovers this morning.

Crab racing at the Woolich pier hotel = alot of drinking

if your feeling sick even slightly, just get it up. you'll feel alot better.

And if you can stomach it get some food into you, and juice and anysort of vitamins, and AS MUCH WATER AS YOU CAN!!!
Coming Soon:
Lowering

Last edited by Pik0; 04-06-2005 at 06:13 PM.
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Ok, so what does Vitamin B do? and where can i find it!?!?!!?

Old 04-06-2005, 06:21 PM   #11
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

I don't know exactly what Vit B does, but I know that when you drink your body is depleted of it, so thats why you need more when your hungover, vegemite comes to mind as a source of it, but I sure that a simple google would find many other sources.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:44 PM   #12
devil cv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Drink a heap of water before you go to sleep and take vitamin B.
Other than that.... dont drink so much, spend money on your car instead of grog :
but how do you stop the bed spinning, or the floor if that's where you are.....

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 07:34 PM   #13
Walkinshaw
Two > One

In all honisty, there are 2 methods.

#1. This ALLWAYS works for me. When u get home from a BIG night, drink 2-3L of water before you go to sleep.

#2. Crack a tinnie/stubbie as soon as you wake up. Combine with eggs and dead pig and your laughing.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 07:37 PM   #14
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
#2. Crack a tinnie/stubbie as soon as you wake up. Combine with eggs and dead pig and your laughing.
Are you serious?

Well i just got some hangover tablets.... which have vitamins.... see if that works

Old 04-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #15
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

Better still. refrain from drinking full stop.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 08:54 PM   #16
Dodge
i like to be stroked

drink tomato juice or V8 b4 going to bed. then lots of water and a berocca , if that doesnt help just keep drinking urself sober...
Old 04-06-2005, 09:07 PM   #17
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

You can buy Alchodol from the chemist or some bottle shops for about $12.00 for 8. You should only need a couple before you start drinking as the ingredients replace the good things in your body (amino acids etc) that alcohol destroys. I reckon they work and prevention is better than cure!. You still need to drink water and yes, you can still blow over the limit too..
Old 04-06-2005, 09:12 PM   #18
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Drink home brew and you wil have fewer hangovers. In all seriousness with the CNS depressive functions of alcohol a hair of the dog can be a good thing. You will still feeiu like crap, you just wont notice it as much.
TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #19
gtfpv
GT

sorry the only way is to go through it, there aint no cure , full stop . hangover = 4hrs to 3days according to what and how much you drank. ie : head spins , head ache , throw up, sleep . panadol . repeat all of the above untill finished .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 09:25 PM   #20
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A nice big greasy hamburger with the lot or a couple of beroccas,which you can get from the chemist.Oh as all have said lots of water becuase the grog dehydrates you.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 02:48 AM   #21
XRated
Shoot.

Hahah yeap, if you find a cure, you will be one rich mofo! If you drink water when you're drinking and just before bed, this helps the most for me. Plus if you've eaten big and healthy during the day.. But if you haven't, when you wake up it's either constant drinking of water, or 3 x fried eggs and bacon

I usually try and have a ice cold jug of red/organge cordial (very weak, but just enough flavour) made up and just sip that. Enough sugar and water to help you hydrate and give you some energy!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #22
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well, i have gotten ****ed 3 consecutive nights....and im feeling the head spins big time!!! It hurts so much.... and somethings that happened i wish didnt... anyway of stopping what did happen from getting out?? lol

Old 05-06-2005, 05:51 PM   #23
parawolf
beep beep

I'm all for the idea of eating even if you can't face to look at it... if you can stomach it, eat.

Drink water, more water and more water. I'm all for the idea of drinking 2 litres before going to bed... you will end up getting up and going to the toilet twice or 3 times that night/next day while you try to sleep. Leave a large glass of water near the toilet or near your bed to keep drinking when you wake up.

Then I find, a long black coffee with some apple and carrot juice, and vegemite toast. Then eggs (fried or scrambled) bacon and perhaps some hash browns.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #24
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Stay drunk lol.
Greasy food followed by a couple of Beroccas!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 05:59 PM   #25
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Well, i have gotten ****ed 3 consecutive nights....and im feeling the head spins big time!!! It hurts so much.... and somethings that happened i wish didnt... anyway of stopping what did happen from getting out?? lol
you've let the cats whiskas out . now c'mon please tell , we'll all support you . i'm sure some others will have some stories as well. :baby bott
Old 05-06-2005, 06:01 PM   #26
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Hahha i got smashed for a week straight. I was also hungover for a week also (trippn balls i tell you). I eat lots of greasy food. Stay away from coke coffee. caffeine=bad. H20 buddy is your friend. If your ****ing heaps drink more water. It will save you. I have to drink lots of water anyway so im using tanked with water before i start drinkn. Eat a good meal before you start.

Stay away from nagging chicks it will make your head hurt a lot less lol. Puking your guts helps aswell just make sure you dont cough up chime from your stomach cause thats when youve drunk too much.

I know some of us get wasted when were depressed or ****ed off and that will make you feel like shit in the morning more often than not so try and get happy if your emotional state is shit before you drink lol.

Of course the best answer is not to drink at all but what fun would that be. Alco is your friend and enemy lol
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #27
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Hahha i got smashed for a week straight. I was also hungover for a week also (trippn balls i tell you). I eat lots of greasy food. Stay away from coke coffee. caffeine=bad. H20 buddy is your friend. If your ****ing heaps drink more water. It will save you. I have to drink lots of water anyway so im using tanked with water before i start drinkn. Eat a good meal before you start.

Stay away from nagging chicks it will make your head hurt a lot less lol. Puking your guts helps aswell just make sure you dont cough up chime from your stomach cause thats when youve drunk too much.

I know some of us get wasted when were depressed or ****ed off and that will make you feel like shit in the morning more often than not so try and get happy if your emotional state is shit before you drink lol.

Of course the best answer is not to drink at all but what fun would that be. Alco is your friend and enemy lol
sooooo truuuuuueeeeee......... :baby bott
Old 05-06-2005, 07:00 PM   #28
oneredED
need more boost

Haha, first rules of hangovers... don't ever drink Tooheys New! That crud gives random hangovers that are just plain shit :P

Alrighty, as has been said, water is the go! Drink heaps just before you got to bed, usually around a litre or so will do it, but do it gradually over about 10 mins so you don't chuck up.

But, before the water, have a hearty meal with plenty of fat (if you can keep it down) like a "no disrespect" hamburger from BBNT in hawthorn. I've yet to throw up the next morning if i have a "no disrespect" the night before. Just so you all know, this burger is 1/2 a kilo of beef (in 3 patties) with 3 lots of cheese, 3 lots of bacon, BBQ sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion. YUM!

Orange juice can help the next morning, as will a cold meat lovers pizza in the box on the floor you failed to finish the night before ;)
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #29
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pie and coke. repeat.
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 07:34 PM   #30