Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 03-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
SkidMarks
Starter Motor

Default MC Window Security Concern

Howdy All,

I have a MC Diesel Mondeo Wagon and had something happen yesterday that has me a bit concerned.
Visited a customer and when I left the car all of the windows were up and I was pretty sure it was locked. But upon returning to the car all of my windows were half down, not all the way down but half?
Now I can't be 100% confident that the car was locked but what the hell.
Now I know about opening and closing all windows with the Fob but this is weird.
I called Ford and was advised that if I had some dirt on my windscreen sensor could maybe cause this but it was something they hadn't heard of.
The sensor on the window is for the wipers not the windows and the keys weren't in the ignition so the windows should have been powered down.
Any ideas?
Skids.

SkidMarks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #2
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MC Window Security Concern

There is another sensor around the wipers sensor and thats for the auto lights the only thing that I can think of is the buttons on the fob somehow lost its way why don't you open all windows with the fob and try closing again with the fob! another thing to do is to take the battery out of the fob to reset it JMHO good luck

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
SkidMarks
Starter Motor

Thanks Apsta.
I am going to work on the assumption it was a pocket press of the Fob as I have just re-created the scenario.
If you push and hold down the unlock until the windows start to come down and then press the lock they will stop where they are...this is what must have happened...just a freak thing. Not saying that I'm a freak, it could happen to anyone.
Now just need to get the Hail damage fixed and I will be loving the car again.
Skids.
SkidMarks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarks
Thanks Apsta.
I am going to work on the assumption it was a pocket press of the Fob as I have just re-created the scenario.
If you push and hold down the unlock until the windows start to come down and then press the lock they will stop where they are...this is what must have happened...just a freak thing. Not saying that I'm a freak, it could happen to anyone.
Now just need to get the Hail damage fixed and I will be loving the car again.
Skids.
No worries just like my smartphone rubbing against my thighs in my pocket and somehow dialing numbers!!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
MOND30
If You Seek AU

I've just ordered a 2012 Grand Cherokee and the 2011 model used to have 'global open' but they have removed it for MY12 after someone in the US did the same thing on a rainy day and then sued Jeep for putting the feature in...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post