Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-11-2018, 11:59 PM   #1
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Default My 2 year old loves cars!

Check out the car knowledge my 2 year old has. He turned 2 a few months ago and ever since then he's been obsessed with cars. He mainly reads car magazines. As he can't read, I've had to tell him what each badge was on the pictures. Even when we were in America in late Sept, I had to tell him what the local cars were. Now going through a carpark takes much longer, as he tells you what each car is

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i1rNiecEcc
Old 28-11-2018, 08:37 AM   #2
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: My 2 year old loves cars!

your going to have trouble with that young one in years to come. Bright.
Old 28-11-2018, 09:25 AM   #3
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Just wait until the questions start to flood in "is car A faster than car B? Is that car (pointing at anything on 4 wheels) faster than your car Daddy? How fast is a (insert supercar name here)? That car is cool, it has a wing on it (it is a corolla etc)! That's a race car Dad, it has a wing on it.

My boy is like that. He's 7 now and recently he came home angry at one of his friends, I figured it was just another schoolyard drama, but after he settled he said 'he was angry because his friends said that they had a Ford Falcon, but the friends parents actually had a Toyota Camry.'

My boy also had the badges down from about 3 years old (including all the Chinese car makers as we were living there at the time). My favourite part of my boys love for cars though was when he was 18 months and we were using the Typhoon, he would say 'Daddy go fast' so I'd nail it off the lights and the giggling and laughter would errupt from the little guy. Not so much from Mummy in the seat next to me...

Now my little 3 year old adopted daughter has decided that she must wear her racing car t-shirt every day for every event...

Kids are a mirror image of us parents most of the time!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #4
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Daddy, what badge is this?

Last edited by marty351; 31-12-2018 at 07:46 PM.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2018, 03:42 PM   #5
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My 8 years old girl was 5 when we got the Mustang, loved the exhaust and would tell her mum that this car had a V8, this ones not a V8 and so on.

Told everyone she was my little petrol head!

A couple of years ago she asked me: “Daddy, when you go to Heaven, can I have the Mustang?”!!!!

I was so touched I said Yes!

Sadly, Mustang has just gone to make way for a 7-seat SUV following the recent loss of our Territory. She likes the Volvo (XC90) but she always reminds me: “Daddy, it’s not a V8.”!!
Old 28-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #6
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy View Post
Just wait until the questions start to flood in "is car A faster than car B? Is that car (pointing at anything on 4 wheels) faster than your car Daddy? How fast is a (insert supercar name here)? That car is cool, it has a wing on it (it is a corolla etc)! That's a race car Dad, it has a wing on it.

My boy is like that. He's 7 now and recently he came home angry at one of his friends, I figured it was just another schoolyard drama, but after he settled he said 'he was angry because his friends said that they had a Ford Falcon, but the friends parents actually had a Toyota Camry.'

My boy also had the badges down from about 3 years old (including all the Chinese car makers as we were living there at the time). My favourite part of my boys love for cars though was when he was 18 months and we were using the Typhoon, he would say 'Daddy go fast' so I'd nail it off the lights and the giggling and laughter would errupt from the little guy. Not so much from Mummy in the seat next to me...

Now my little 3 year old adopted daughter has decided that she must wear her racing car t-shirt every day for every event...

Kids are a mirror image of us parents most of the time!
He sounds exactly like my son (who turned 7 today).
He bombards me with car related questions continually and even carries around one of my old Nokia phones so he can take photos of cars he spots while I'm at work.

I took him to school on Monday morning and as we get out of the car a VF SV6 pulls into the spot next to us, a lady climbs out of the passenger side and is just a few feet away when he points at their car and says "that doesn't sound good at all, that should have got the V8 instead of the V6"!

He also asks me to take back streets so I can launch the car as he loves fast standing starts.
I was doing them in my C43 as he loves the whip crack sound it makes on gear changes when he suggested opening the sunroof and putting all the windows down so he can hear it better!
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2018, 11:39 PM   #7
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Daddy, what badge is this?
Fabian usually adds 'eeewwww' after the Holden badge
2 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2018, 11:42 PM   #8
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy View Post

My boy also had the badges down from about 3 years old (including all the Chinese car makers as we were living there at the time).
I have a 9 year old as well but he's not into cars. He likes going fast but really doesn't care much about them.

Fabian the 2 year old now is also recognizing all shop brands on TV such as supercheap, woolies, coles, chemist wharehouse etc. I'm thinking I should get a set of them together for another video. He just loves going through all the car badges.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:30 AM   #9
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

My young bloke is 30 now; been a rev head all his life.
Now drives an FG 50th T Ute, 425rwkw.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #10
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm doing my best to convert my 4y/o daughter to a bogan, we have only had her 12 months and she loves getting her bikes out and using her plastic tools when i'm working on my bike. she asked me to buy her a real motor bike but i bought her a ride on car instead for xmas, pw50 will be next year

she had a playdate last week and she was showing her friend how to fix her pushbike rather than riding them

she doesn't know brands yet but i'll teach her there are only 2 brands that matter, both will probably be redundant by the time she can drive though

when she is 16 i'll get my GT out of storage and back on the road so she can learn to drive it and then when i'm gone she can have it along with my bike as long as she shows interest in them that is
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2018, 01:33 PM   #11
66FAIRLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My 6 year old Grandson is also obsessed. When he was 3 we were driving along when a black Corvette drove past.

He turns to me and says "Grandpa you should get a bigger shed so you can get one of those".

Sometimes you just can't argue with the logic of kids!
66FAIRLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-12-2018, 03:44 PM   #12
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Fabian ended up being in Thursday's paper

They also uploaded a copy of my video to their website (Courier Mail) and it's now had over 44K in views! Pretty amazing!

The photographer also took a video which you can see here
https://www.townsvillebulletin.com.a...a9064c9b2057d3

And this video got featured on Sunrise yesterday morning. If you look at Sunrise from yesterday he's on at around 1:17.

I haven't worked out how to copy the Sunrise video so I can't post it. Does anyone know? I've managed to download the clip but it's always without sound.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:44 PM   #13
.:4:.
Kicking back

As a responsible parent with a little unit who is into things on 4 wheels you should probably investigate slot car racing. Yeah its basic single handed operation, but if you have a local track and keep cars relitively stock you can have some healthy competition with the young bloke. My 9 year old loves hitting the slot car track. He tends to baby his 87 m3 slot car. I have the experimental 89 sierra that has no external asthetic parts left on it as its just that, the experiment, and an xc coupe thats the business. Boredom and single handedness was why i looked into slot car racing when i banged out a nerve in my dominant arm and it failed 2 years back. My arm works again but the kid loves hitting the track and trying to beat his old man.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:18 PM   #14
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Here is copy of Fabian's appearance on Sunrise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOqMPdxKPnE

My video that's on the Courier Mail's facebook page has now had over 49K in views!