Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > V8 Race

V8 Race Website Link

Old 16-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default My race experience!

Well there's not much to say, other than I had a great today at Wakefield park. Was good to finally get behind the wheel of a Boss-powered V8

Unfortunately the team were having a rough day with spots of rain and driver shortages, so there was a bit of waiting around.
So I recommend that anyone else going on one of these days, to book the earliest session as you can.

For those interested, here's my dash cam capture, featuring my final lap. I'd like to think it was my best lap, but I was fretting over driving a manual... :/
I only learnt to drive a manual 12 months ago for a month or two.... and then never sat in a manual car since. So I was VERY rusty :p
I think you can see the whiteness in my knuckles haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsXORpcP9GM

p.s. there was at least 7 women driving today, and more doing a front/back seat ridealong, so I highly recommend you take your significant other along for a good time :p
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
martyal44
2010 G6E

Default Re: My race experience!

Thanks my son won a voucher for me so can you choose a Ford and how long does the prepping etc go for?
martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi martyal44. Yes there are three separate queues. One for Ford, one for Holden, and the third is for the professional hotlap experience (where they do the driving and you hold on for your life! :p)
There's also a single auto tran vehicle (Ford from memory) which had no waiting queue so if you're not fussed that'll get you out on the track quicker.

Safety brief was only 20 minutes (How the gears shift, how to follow the racing lines, when to brake, map of the track etc)
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2016, 12:01 AM   #4
Weevil

I've been contemplating doing this, after watching the vid of it i'm keen to give it a crack.
Weevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #5
barney42
Fairlane NL

Highly recommend. I have "driven" Sandown 6 times and am looking to book another later this year. Biggest buz you can get.
barney42 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2017, 10:47 PM   #6
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread reminded me of a funny "V8 Experience" my wife won in a raffle and then turns around and gives it to me. Hey I say, I've been racing for years, do it yourself, it will be a good experience. But no, she chickened out. So along I go with my own suit and kit and the guy asks if I've driven on slicks - yes, - so do you want to drive the Falcon or Commodore? I say Commodore cos I haven't driven one before. So out we go, and I'm thinking this is a POS. Instructor says 'you've done this before' 'yes' I say, 'hasn't got much grunt has it?' 'Oh', he says, 'what is your road car?' F6 I say. Oohh' he says', end of conversation.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post