Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #1
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Ford Flash Tuner for my AU Falcon

Hi.

I have been told by a few people as well as Intune Motorsport that a Ford Flash Tuner would improve the power for my car. Quoted was "the best thing for your car is the flash tuner with custom tunning thay cost $1395.00 installed."

Has anybody got one of these to their AU Series I Falcon, any problems with it and was it worth the spend ?

Thanks
Jeff (MerKuS)
98 AU Series I Futura Sedan.

JeffAU1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

there worth it mate

do you have any mods done to your car yet or is it stock
5speedeb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #3
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

I would recomend giving G & D Performance a call they are getting great results with the AU I6 and they are a forum sponcer or seeing your based in sydney maybe get in touch with autotech engineering.

Well worth the $$$
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #4
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Do you want the truth.Get a big cam.This will give you the power. The edit is good .I like it heaps. It got the dev 4 cam to idle well. For tuning it is very good. However the only problem I have is that the flash tuner can be used in the next car only after you return your existing car to its original tune. I think this sux severely. That means that if I want to sell my AU then I have to return it to stock tune with reduced power and crap idle. How am I going to sell it in the future? For me ...my advice s get a good cam or head work by someone reputable. A mechanically able car will come to life with a tune.But a tune cant give spectacular power without the mechanical side being right.
Intune is alright.I found the bloke really helpfull. On the other hand Spiro from Autotech in Granville is doing it too. Both have worked on my car and both are alright blokes.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #5
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

yeah , ashame , allthough if it was as easy as converting the flash tune to a new car and keeping it in the old car/setup also then people would be doing cheap mods using the 1 flash tune to mod heaps of cars , thus ripping the company off ...sorta , thats the only reason i can see for its logic ? !

Not saying the flash tune would be spot on anyway for another car if it was possible and wasn't originally off the car is was set on , but would still prolly be a slight improvement over the original tune ! .?

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 01:54 AM   #6
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford Flash Tuner for my AU Falcon

My car will have a 2.5" exhaust with extractors, cold air intake and new air filter, Stock otherwise.
JeffAU1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 02:08 AM   #7
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkus
My car will have a 2.5" exhaust with extractors, cold air intake and new air filter, Stock otherwise.
Hi Merkus, Speak to Autotech in Granville, there team can answer all your questions and can do all mods, my recommendation is if you want aftermarket tuning in Sydney, let Autotech do a custom tune.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post