Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Default The Sales Yard idea

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a sub forum to Car Parts for "Wrecking" where people who were parting out complete cars could advertise??

MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Sales Yard idea

Well, since you started the thread, I’ll jump in and second that notion.

I don’t want to whinge too much, but it is ridiculous, illogical, and inefficient to ask someone to list (with photos) every single part in their car separately. Who knows what tiny part somebody may be after?
Even if I had the time and inclination, do you really want me to clog up the board with hundreds of ads, most of which will never be read?

Much easier to list the car, with some basic details about which bits are damaged or already missing.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post

I don’t want to whinge too much, but it is ridiculous, illogical, and inefficient to ask someone to list (with photos) every single part in their car separately. Who knows what tiny part somebody may be after?
Even if I had the time and inclination, do you really want me to clog up the board with hundreds of ads, most of which will never be read?

Much easier to list the car, with some basic details about which bits are damaged or already missing.
A solution would be to use the PM facility.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2013, 02:21 AM   #4
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits View Post
A solution would be to use the PM facility.
Sorry, I'm not following?
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #5
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Generally, members who may be parting out a car list the parts that they think will sell quickly.
If there is something you may be chasing, a PM to the seller will generally be all that is required without the aforementioned cluttering of the thread.

Last edited by Pinkbits; 04-12-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post

I have been thinking this for awhile. It is very tedious to list every bloody nut & bolt from a car that your wrecking out. Who does that?

I agree with every rule bar this one in the sales yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits View Post
Generally, members who may be parting out a car list the parts that they think will sell quickly.
If there is something you may be chasing a PM to the seller will generally be all that is required without the aforementioned cluttering of the thread.
So a person has to send a message to how many people who have more than say 5 parts for sale from a particular car they want parts from? Considering the seller cannot list up that they are wrecking a whole car, as it needs pictures....

A little contradictory there.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It's certainly something we can consider - probably won't create an other sub forum as it means another form which is a fair bit of work but we could relax the rules around listing of dismantled parts.

I'll discuss with the rest of the team and advise.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A possible suggestion? Maybe a simple change to 'photos of all parts for sale are required unless impractical' where 'impractical' is at the sole discretion of moderators.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:51 AM   #9
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
It's certainly something we can consider - probably won't create an other sub forum as it means another form which is a fair bit of work but we could relax the rules around listing of dismantled parts.

I'll discuss with the rest of the team and advise.

Cheers
Russ
Thanks for the consideration Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconboy View Post
A possible suggestion? Maybe a simple change to 'photos of all parts for sale are required unless impractical' where 'impractical' is at the sole discretion of moderators.
^^ This is a great idea.

I do believe that a price & photos of items are required. Fair enough if your selling a simple "bunch of parts" Or a slightly bigger bunch. But when you are wrecking a whole car, well, thats just a hard ask.

General Photos of said car, Say 3 oustide shots, 3 interior (front, rear, cluster) And an under bonnet shot & maybe a boot shot is more than fair, Whats that around 5 mins of your time to photograph those 7 or so shots? And a basic price list up of parts. Such as Engine $XXX, Gearbox $XXX Door cards $XX Wheels $XX, and other main items that are the usual selling point, or are particular about the car such as rare OEM rims or something. With a "please post for wanted items you can see, but not price listed above" dislaimer.

I think thats more than fair for a free service.

Best not to PM with items, because you can get "Whats your offer on <insert item here>" Especially with a part you want, (even more especially a rare one) but have never seen one sold, so you have no idea what its worth. I had that once, a bloke PM'd me for an offer on a part that I had previously shown interest in & I thought, well is $1000 not enough or is $5 the highest paid amount in the history of mankind for this part? I had long moved on from buying it anyway so I politely declined to offer an amount and said that my finances were being focused elsewhere, which they have been.
/////Alpine Sound.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 04-12-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 14-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #10
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Any movement on this??
/////Alpine Sound.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

Old 14-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #11
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Yes - I'm building a new form for use in the FS area which will have a sub forum for dismantling.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #12
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Sub forum and the associated form have now been created.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

U lil ripper