Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Default Why is my signature disappearing?

I noticed it is no longer being displayed.

Old 28-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Why is my signature disappearing?

There isn't anything in your sig so it has either been edited as unsuitable (likely) or you have updated it and not saved the change.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 28-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

I did voice my opinion but it did not contravene any AFF rules so I see no reason why it would have been deleted. It said something as follows:

I will buy one more Falcon in 2016 then will NEVER buy another Ford vehicle

And I will actively discourage everybody I know from buying a Ford.
Old 29-06-2013, 12:32 AM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I do remember getting rid of it - didn't have to breach any rules as all site content is entirely at our discretion and I consider that comment contrary to the spirit of this community.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 29-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #5
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

*slow clap*
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
6 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #6
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
I do remember getting rid of it - didn't have to breach any rules as all site content is entirely at our discretion and I consider that comment contrary to the spirit of this community.

Russ
So being ****ed off at Ford is not acceptable?
Old 30-06-2013, 03:22 AM   #7
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Go be ****ed off at ford somewhere else; not on a forum dedicated to fords. I can't believe this has to be spelled out to you.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 30-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
So being ****ed off at Ford is not acceptable?
You can be as ****ed off as you like but I'm not going to allow that kind of destructive sentiment in your sig.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 30-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #9
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

There is a bloke/sheila no idea really on here with FAIL in an oval badge as an avatar and fixing fords **** ups as well as for his profile statement...

I always believed that was unacceptable as well Russ ?
4 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #10
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin' View Post
Go be ****ed off at ford somewhere else; not on a forum dedicated to fords. I can't believe this has to be spelled out to you.
The most significant thing to occur in the 88 year history of Ford Australia and you don't expect people to be upset?
This user likes this post:
Old 01-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #11
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET270 View Post
There is a bloke/sheila no idea really on here with FAIL in an oval badge as an avatar and fixing fords **** ups as well as for his profile statement...

I always believed that was unacceptable as well Russ ?
http://www.fordforums.com.au/member.php?u=2118679

Another Ford "fan".....
Old 01-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #12
03 GHIA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The most significant thing to occur in the 88 year history of Ford Australia and you don't expect people to be upset?
No-one's saying that people can't be upset. Yes, it's terrible news for Australian automotive industry, so people will be annoyed and disappointed about it.
However, businesses don't work by making losses all the time. So, as unfortunate as it is, it was inevitable that local manufacturing would come to an end.

I believe the primary point that is being made is that this is a 'FORD' forum. Here to help out and support the Ford community. Therefore to 'actively discourage' people from buying a Ford, isn't in the forums, or Fords, best interest.

Previous
White 2003 Fairmont Ghia

First- RIP.
White 1990 Ford Fairmont
Exhaust, intake, cam & lowered.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #13
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Look, I see where you're coming from but putting what you put in your signature is not really the best way of getting your point across. You can be emotional about the closure of the Ford plant, I know I am devastated about it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to discourage others to buy the product or keep supporting them until the end. If you truly loved ford and falcon, you wouldn't be so negative. Especially on a forum dedicated to them, that's just asking for trouble.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #14
Billydean
White Rock

Quote:
If you truly loved ford and falcon, you wouldn't be so negative.
Yes he would, why is negative such a bad thing, isn't pointless censorship worse?

Quote:
Especially on a forum dedicated to them, that's just asking for trouble.
Yet it's OK to have a BMW in your sig?
This user likes this post:
Old 02-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billydean View Post
Yes he would, why is negative such a bad thing, isn't pointless censorship worse?

Yet it's OK to have a BMW in your sig?
I see your point, but its pointless, having said this myself, I'm thinking I should not be posting, so disregard what I have said
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 02-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #16
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Pointless Censorship??

Guys, the question was asked why the signature was removed and it has been answered by the man who has the final say... Time to move on.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #17
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Spot on Coleen........
Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #18
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pointless Censorship?? if you don't like it here no one is forcing you to stay. this is one of the best run forums on the net .
this comes from a hard working team of mods keeping things going the way admin wants things to run. is it perfect? no but no forum is, the forum is owned and funded by the admin team and I for one an grateful for what we get . Russ has given you a reasonable answer accept it and move on

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
3 users like this post:
Old 02-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #19
Road Games

^^^this^^^
Closed Thread