Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 26-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #31
FgNewbie
Australia

Default Re: threads not showing

if related, my recent email notifications are missing the post content

Quote:

Here is the message that has just been posted:

FgNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #32
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaEB View Post
Sadly I don't use tapatalk, I feel no need to pay for something I don't need. I have and do donate to fordforums.com.au. I may also be in a bad mood as I just upgraded to windows 8 from vista and am suffering a massive learning curve for this 30 something old bloke lol
I hear ya I can't even work the set top remote! If you need any help finding where to clear it on your phone, feel free to PM me and I will give you a hand. I am a little weary myself. I apologise if I came across a little blunt.

Cheers
Col
Old 27-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #33
Trevor 57
is now there

Before I leave the forum I click the 'mark forums read' button, it gives me a clear run next time I log in, no big deal
Old 27-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #34
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

I have gone through the "mark all threads read" once (after GEEZ LOUISE suggested that)and it still comes back with unread threads.

But hey, it doesn't bother me....It takes all of 2 minutes to go to the homepage, click on one link and it's all done.....So who cares.

The ones that want to whinge about it really need to get a life.....There are better things to do than get on here a whinge about small crap like that.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #35
ONEBIG6
Banned

The last time i looked this was a site support section , so regardless of your attitude ^^^

(But hey, it doesn't bother me....It takes all of 2 minutes to go to the homepage, click on one link and it's all done.....So who cares)

If members have found an issue with the forum then they have the right to address it.
ONEBIG6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #36
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FgNewbie View Post
if related, my recent email notifications are missing the post content
I've noticed that too, I was going to report that but thought I'd read a bit first - I thought it might have just been my computer.

OK - I should have read a bit more shouldn't I????

from russellw (23/12/12)

In order to resolve a couple of issues, the following changes have been made.

3. The above change will also impact new post notifications for subscribed thread as they use the same code to send the actual text so these will now just arrive with a link to the thread.

My Gallery Photos Here

Last edited by XR6WGN; 28-12-2012 at 01:04 AM.
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #37
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Even though it is working as designed, I'm going to put it back the (incorrect) way it was given the angst it seems to be causing.

I'll make the change later this evening.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #38
FgNewbie
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6WGN View Post
OK - I should have read a bit more shouldn't I????
Thanks, I read more in the wrong thread
Old 28-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #39
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Even though it is working as designed, I'm going to put it back the (incorrect) way it was given the angst it seems to be causing.

Cheers
Russ
Nooooooo. I like the new style better. It now allows me to visit the site, leave it on my screen and not have it auto mark everything as read. It's the one thing that used to really annoy me about this forum. Where I'd open the site up, get called away, come back and everything is marked as read. I have no idea where I was up to. Now I can just mark each section as read when I'm finished with it.

I actually posted a thread about 6 or so months ago regarding the above and I was pointed to the New Post section. But I could never get into using that.

All other forums I use I have to manually mark the forum as read, this is the only one I use where (it used to) marks the forum as auto read after a certain period of time or if I close IE.

Anyways, I'll go with the flow, just thought I'd throw my support in the ring.
Old 28-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #40
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post

Cheers
Russ
What about polling to see what members want what way? Personally it doesn't bother me either way.

I know it won't solve the problem as you're always going to get some people that hate it, but worth considering anyways.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 28-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #41
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEBIG6 View Post
The last time i looked this was a site support section , so regardless of your attitude ^^^

(But hey, it doesn't bother me....It takes all of 2 minutes to go to the homepage, click on one link and it's all done.....So who cares)

If members have found an issue with the forum then they have the right to address it.
Yes people have had a problem and mentioned it to site support....A member addressed how to fix the problem....However people are still complaining about having to spend 2 lowsey minutes from their lives to fix it the suggested way. So how pathetic is that?

Old 28-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #42
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I've started a poll for those interested.

I personally prefer the new way as it stops me missing new posts which I often do because I've followed a link to a complaint post and the the system considers I've visited long enough to mark them as read but as we have mixed views on it then it's open for a public vote.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #43
FgNewbie
Australia

I won't vote for the old way because of new benefits & I won't vote for the new way because I miss the content in emails
Old 31-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #44
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

I prefer the old way, all the other forums I visit are set like that too.
Whilst the new way is perhaps the correct way, it doesn't seem logical.
Old 31-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #45
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FgNewbie View Post
I won't vote for the old way because of new benefits & I won't vote for the new way because I miss the content in emails
Having tried to assist Russ with this the past few days, I can tell you it is not a simply fix. He has spent hours trying to correct it. I too miss the content in the emails, and I am sure Russ will eventually find a way to fix it.

That being said, I still prefer the new way of viewing.

Cheers
Col
Old 31-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #46
FgNewbie
Australia

Col I don't envy the task

Fixing something equally simple only took me 2 weeks of sleepless nights and a lot of

Whatever the outcome of the poll, I vote Russ does what works best for him.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #47
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Wasn't there a mention about email addresses being a "legal" issue within some states? Hence Russ erring on the side of caution there.

Either way, old format or new one doesn't bother me....Russ is in charge and if people don't like it, stiff.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:06 AM   #48
superfly
Go the Hogster!

I missed the poll as I was on holidays but I hope you are unable to fix it
Old 16-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #49
golly
Previously xygswagon

i vote for russ to do whatever saves him time and works best for him and the mods
golly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post