Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 13-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #61
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Problems logging in

Well, I'm at my wits end. I've tried all of the above suggestions. I've been through all the guides. I've been through systems files and deleted just about everything I can think of. I even lost windows explorer for a moment which was worrying when my entire desktop evaporated. That MoveOnBoot thing? When I clicked the download button, it installed something called Fulldisk Fighter, which spent something ridiculous like 3 hours going through my entire hard drive to find faults etc, then wanted me to purchase the program to rectify the problems. I've wasted a good couple of hours each night, for the past 4 or 5 nights, with sweet FA to show for it. I still have to log in EVERY time I come to AFF.

I give up. I guess I'll be finding another site to peruse in my free time.
Jorgo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #62
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFXR65spd View Post
Well, I'm at my wits end. I've tried all of the above suggestions. I've been through all the guides. I've been through systems files and deleted just about everything I can think of. I even lost windows explorer for a moment which was worrying when my entire desktop evaporated. That MoveOnBoot thing? When I clicked the download button, it installed something called Fulldisk Fighter, which spent something ridiculous like 3 hours going through my entire hard drive to find faults etc, then wanted me to purchase the program to rectify the problems. I've wasted a good couple of hours each night, for the past 4 or 5 nights, with sweet FA to show for it. I still have to log in EVERY time I come to AFF.

Have a look at THIS THREAD - it contains a more comprehensive view of what can be done. I've also changed the link for Move on Boot as the previous site had other apps hidden behind some of the download buttons (getting to be all too frequent) so it now links to the developer site.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #63
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

Probably the only thing I can suggest is that you get windows remote desktop going (or VNC server) and ask one of the resident IT nerds here to log onto your machine and have a crack at fixing it up remotely for you.

I'm probably not the best person to help as I haven't used Windows since XP but if nobody else volunteers send me a PM and I can have a crack at helping you.
Old 13-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #64
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Russ, I appreciate your help, but for some reason my laptop doesn't want to play the game with any of the guides. I think I'll try again when I get a new computer. This one is a POS.

And cs123, I don't really like the idea of somebody else remotely access all of my stuff. Not to say that the people on here aren't trustworthy, but I don't know them from a bar of soap.

Again guys, I'll try again once I get my hands on a new system. I'll persevere with this set up because I genuinely enjoy frittering away my idle hours on here.
Old 13-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #65
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

EFXR65spd,
What URL are you using to access the forums.

You can use either www.fordforums.com.au or fordforums.com.au

Try both and see if one works
Old 14-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #66
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been using www.fordforums.com.au. I'll try the other.

**Just tried fordforums.com.au without the www and IE adds in the www automatically.

Last edited by Jorgo85; 14-11-2012 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Speedy response
Old 14-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #67
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I've been using www.fordforums.com.au. I'll try the other.

**Just tried fordforums.com.au without the www and IE adds in the www automatically.
It's not picking that out of your history is it? Or are you hitting ctrl-enter?

Never seen it happen apart from those 2 things before.
Old 18-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #68
Pis-ton broke
Banned

just to let you know Russell (on a friendly note) , i have stayed logged in to the main page, however when i go to other pages i must loggin to each section.

i will read through all these pages and hope i find an answer.

mick
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #69
STINKY NINJA
Banned

I did everything to the letter and i still have to log in every time,its not that it wont remember me it only stays logged in for half a day.
Oh well im used to it now
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #70
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

There are complete instructions in this THREAD to cover all possibilities.

There is no way that the last option - changing your browser to one you have not used before - will not work as long as you do not import settings from your old one.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 23-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #71
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Has anyone found an option to delete individual cookies from IE9 by any chance?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #72
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Thanks to Geez Louise here is a link for IE9

http://www.worldstart.com/clear-spec...et-explorer-9/

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 24-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #73
DaveD

I was just looking into this before you posted Russ.

There is one important step missing from http://www.worldstart.com/clear-spec...et-explorer-9/

You have to Restart IE9 after you click "Yes". If you don't then it doesn't work, at least it didn't for me.

Cheers
Dave
DaveD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post