Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 17-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
sleek7

Thumbs up Page load times feedback

Gday techs (likely to be Russ),

Did you guys give the monkeys peddling the servers extra bananas recently? The site seems to be running much quicker compared to last week (1 second to load a page compared to 5-6 secs).

Not sure whats changed but nice work

sleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Page load times feedback

I have also noticed some differences.

I use this forum on my browser on the iPhone and it seems to fit the whole page now and loads faster too
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Thanks guys. The recent upgrade to the back end operating systems should have provided some improvement, particularly for those using mobile devices.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #4
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

To be honest, the past few weeks the page loading time on here has been pretty average for me, and only on this site, any tips?
Using Google Chrome on a brand new Macbook Pro and 1.5mbps download speed.
Old 24-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

yeah just noticed this today (havent been on for a day or so i think) but its taking at least 20 secs to load up a page
got other forums open in other tabs and they are skipping thru within a sec or two

edit
i always use the quick post box down the bottom
after i write a post in the quick post box it thinks about it for 20 secs and then goes straight to the advanced post page (with my post in the advanced box now) and tells me up the top i have to wait at least so many secs between posts

and no i didnt click 'post' twice when posting in the quick post box or accidently hit advanced post when posting in the quick post box

(if that makes sense)
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=1#post5256466

Last edited by MercurySilver; 24-02-2014 at 12:54 PM.
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #6
mechanic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have absolutely no idea how these things work but this morning the page is loading quicker than it's ever done.
We are at the end of the line here in Cairns and still hooked up to Malcolms excellent copper wire system so we don't expect any fast access to the net.
mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #7
blueluvr

just stumbled across this thread. It's funny how this forum responds for me.

If I click on a thread, or make a reply, It's like it thinks about it for a few seconds, some cases up to 10-20 or so, then loads instantly after. Meaning it doesn't load incrementally like I find on most sites, it's as if it loads it all into a buffer or something then dumps it on my screen all at once. I'm only comparing to other non related forums, and I'm far from being technical in this!

btw, I'm on a reasonable connection. Speedtest has it at 14.13 mbps
blueluvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #8
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

loading pretty quick for me this morn
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=1#post5256466
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #9
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Most pages are actually retrieved from a cache which is supposed to speed up access to them although it's probably been awhile since that cache was actually flushed so I might do so later tonight.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 25-02-2014 at 12:46 PM.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #10
mechanic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just did speed test as per blueluvr
Line speed 15.65 MBps
Download 1.96 MBs

Don't know what that means but AFF is better today.
mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 10:49 AM   #11
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Anyone else having trouble with forum pages loading today? 27/03

I'll click on a thread (tabbed browsing) and the new tab will try to load then give the error "unable to display webpage", then I'll close that tab and go click on the thread link again and it will possibly load. Sometimes I have to repeat this process. Also, when I visit a page I've opened before with pics to view new posts, the page will return to where I last viewed it, not the latest post.

I've rebooted my cable modem and wireless router, flushed the cache, deleted temporary internet files and all cookies - to no avail.

All other sites I've visited are working fine. Anyone else before I tear my hair out?

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post