Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-01-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Talking More Mods!

Hey guys... Just thought i'd give you an update on some of the mods i have just done.

New gear knob. I cut about 1cm off the thread and put on a new Momo Alloy/Leather round knob. Looks good, feels even better!

Rear Fog to Reverse Light conversion. Got Ford to conect up my fog light with the reversing system. No longer works as a fog now. Cost me $70 just for the labour! Bastards!

Replaced headlight bulbs. Replaced headlights with new Phillips Crystal Vision Bulbs for Headlights and Parkers. They have a blueish sort of really cool tint to them and they are brighter then the OEM ones too boot!

Finished wiring up Clarion APX400.4 amp. I connected this 4 channel 400watt amp to go between the head unit to the speakers. I little bit better sound but i knew that it wouldnt show its true value till i got my new head unit. Fair bit louder and sharper. But due to the fact of still running off stock headunit with no RCAs the signal feed down low has got abit of signal noise though the speakers. And to top things off i had to fix my earth signal after ford did the service on it cause they must have ripped it out! Grr!

Other then that it has been cleaned about 4 times already this week bumper to bumper. With so much more time on my hands since my Girlfriend (now ex-Girlfriend) Cheated on me it has been made spotless. I even spent 4 hours yesteday giving it a full interior detailing included a steam clean!

Anyway i just thought i'd give the Euro Boyz abit of a update!
Now all i got to do is figure out how to update my profile of the euro site!!!

Russ

Last edited by WASACL; 20-01-2005 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Spelling like a 5 year old!
WASACL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 10:50 AM   #2
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Now thats what i want to do, get some brighter bulbs for my car, might have to have a look at those Phillips ones, how much were they ?

Chris
Old 20-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #3
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Russ, if you want clearer sound without the signal distortion, i seriously recommend buying an alpine line-out converter for $50. Converts a pair of speaker wires to rca's and you go from there. I done it when hooking up my amp and it sounds awesome even at higher volumes. 1 line out converter allowed me to use the front speaker wires (L & R) to get 1 set of rcas, then double them up with Y adaptors and run one half of each pair to run my front speakers from the amp, and the other to run a sub.
If your interested i can show ya how i did it without cutting any wires

Tom
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 09:01 PM   #4
OZXR4
formally ozmondeo

The phillips clear vision are a bit expensive. I got the narva arttic blue lights and parkers all for around 45-50 dollars.
OZXR4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 11:10 PM   #5
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

the phillips ones are bout 100 bucks i think, for parkers and lights.
worth it i rekon.
One of my brothers got these about two weeks ago in his pulsar SSS and its given him alot better vision, and they look kickass
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 12:15 AM   #6
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordel
Now thats what i want to do, get some brighter bulbs for my car, might have to have a look at those Phillips ones, how much were they ?

Chris
$130 from Autobahn in Auburn.
Old 21-01-2005, 12:27 AM   #7
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevaps
Russ, if you want clearer sound without the signal distortion, i seriously recommend buying an alpine line-out converter for $50. Converts a pair of speaker wires to rca's and you go from there.
Tom
Not worth my time atm the moment man. I will be putting in a new head unit and RCAs in march. But thanks for offering anyway man. I was thinking about doing while installing amp that but i figured that by the time i went thought buying everything to do it it would just have been cheaper to get a new headunit. i do have a question for you though....

Does anyone else have a prob with their interiors of their front doors once that have taken them apart and put them back together the bit that surrounds the handle no longer fits and stays in place. I know that even from new my left front one never fitted in the first place. I was going to glue them or something but i still have to replace the front speakers so not just yet.

Thanks Russ
Old 21-01-2005, 02:26 AM   #8
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Havent taken apart my door yet.
But will do soon when i get a nice pair of Kicker splits.
Will take note when i do
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 10:06 AM   #9
whippet_zetec
Supes

Hey Russ, want to come over and do a full interior clean on my Zetec?
Old 21-01-2005, 08:41 PM   #10
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
Hey Russ, want to come over and do a full interior clean on my Zetec?
Wedding Present huh?? :P
Old 24-01-2005, 09:42 AM   #11
whippet_zetec
Supes

Hey Russ, Did I see you on the M5 on Saturday night at the King Georges Road Exit in the wet, doing say about 100 in the 80 zone?......

As for thw edding present, nah I will be driving a BMW Z4 for the weekend of the wedding as I am locking up the Zetec for 6 weeks while overseas....its going to need a bloody good detail after 6 weeks of sitting still..
Old 24-01-2005, 09:41 PM   #12
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Quote:
Hey Russ, Did I see you on the M5 on Saturday night at the King Georges Road Exit in the wet, doing say about 100 in the 80 zone?......

As for thw edding present, nah I will be driving a BMW Z4 for the weekend of the wedding as I am locking up the Zetec for 6 weeks while overseas....its going to need a bloody good detail after 6 weeks of sitting still..
Geeze was i only doing 100? Yeah man that was me... Where were you?

Russ
Old 25-01-2005, 09:19 AM   #13
whippet_zetec
Supes

I was picking up my brother in law from the airport and was in the middle lane on the M5 heading home and saw your focus run past with those nice lenso rims, then noticed the reversing light on the right hand side which used to be a fog lamp so was pretty sure it was you. At the light at King Georges Road you were up the front I was about 4 or 5 cars back, would have pulled up and said hi but traffic was pretty heavy..

btw...your focus was looking pretty sweet running in the wet with your taillights.....
Old 31-01-2005, 02:10 PM   #14
zetec
Zoom Zoom

The reverser light mod - I finally hooked up my lights last week myself, spent an hour under the **** end of my car (low bit*h I only just fit under too...) with some wire cutters and duct tape. I ended up splicing a wire from the left to the right and threading the cable through under the chassis rails and rear bumper attachment points. Now My right reverser works as a reverser, but the fun thing is now that both lights are connected they not only come on with my reverser but both come on when I whack on the rear fog switch too!!!!! I didn't disconnect the rear fog lines so it's a double circuit. The cool thing is the little light on the headlight switch comes on every time I engage reverse he he he he... scare those tailgaters at 100km/h by hitting the brqakes and whacking on the rear fog switch mu ha ha ha ha

Cost me nothing more than a smile and an hour. I'll happily charge $70 to do anyone's car...
Old 02-02-2005, 11:55 AM   #15
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
The reverser light mod - I finally hooked up my lights last week myself. I didn't disconnect the rear fog lines so it's a double circuit. The cool thing is the little light on the headlight switch comes on every time I engage reverse he he he he... scare those tailgaters at 100km/h by hitting the brqakes and whacking on the rear fog switch mu ha ha ha ha
AHAHAHAH I love it!... BTW do you blow a fuse if you turn your fog light on while in reverse?

Russ

Last edited by WASACL; 02-02-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #16
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Quote:
I was picking up my brother in law from the airport and was in the middle lane on the M5 heading home and saw your focus run past with those nice lenso rims, then noticed the reversing light on the right hand side which used to be a fog lamp so was pretty sure it was you. At the light at King Georges Road you were up the front I was about 4 or 5 cars back, would have pulled up and said hi but traffic was pretty heavy..

btw...your focus was looking pretty sweet running in the wet with your taillights.....
Thanks man...You are going to give me a big head!

Russ
Old 03-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #17
zetec
Zoom Zoom

No I don't blow a fuse actually, I have tried it I think, but I'll check again...
Old 09-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #18
Ferris

Yeah, I wondered about that. My ST 170 has the double position fog light switch, but there's no wiring for the reverse fog lights, even thought the switch allows it, and illuminates the dash control also... Wired it upto your reverse lights huh? Good idea. Not like there'd be fog in WA very often, but a cool idea nonetheless.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post