Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 21-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Default threads not showing

I seem to have a problem with the 'new posts' function. I've just noticed today and maybe yesterday not sure but when I post in a thread then click new posts the thread doesn't show up at all. Has happened with a few today plus it comes back with 30 pages of results instead of the usual handful. 'Today's posts' works fine though

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: threads not showing

Yeah I have had that a few times,got 30 pages come up also.
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep me too....intermittent though.....they reappear after a little while.....maybe a sign of things to come

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

That will be my fault - I changed the default method of assessing unread posts this morning from a cookie based on to a database based one - the latter being heavier on server load but more accurate. It will produce some funny results until it settles down.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all good, thanks Russ!

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 21-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

I am guessing that will be the same thing that is causing posts that I have read, or since been on the forum, to still be showing in bold.

For example, the last time I visited the forum was at 2:48 this afternoon, yet it is showing thread titles in bold from several days back, some of which I have even posted in.

Edit: just had a look, 11/12/12 seems to be the last time thread titles are not bolded.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #7
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default 30 pages of new posts?

Hi. Just logged on an hit new posts......and came up with 30 pages. After 5 pages I got the break line of "The following posts are not new but contain unread replies". Is this a new "feature" or an error? (The 30 pages, not the break line.) Cheers and merry Xmas. MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 
Default Re: 30 pages of new posts?

See Russell's response in "threads not showing".

Might answer your question.
Old 22-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

Everything is 'new' everytime I log in. Makes it very hard to remember where you were up to

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

XR6T0Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #10
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6 View Post
See Russell's response in "threads not showing".

Might answer your question.
Hi. Thanks. Never would have thought to look in a post about threads not showing fo an over abundance of threads. Cheers and again Merry Xmas. MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Yep, I'm having the same issue... One thing that's annoying me is I can't see threads I've posted in unless I go through the subforum of that thread...
Old 22-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Yes it is doing it for me too. I am sure russellw will be looking into it.

You can go to the bottom of the forum and click Mark Forums Read. It will reset your viewing to have no new posts, however when you click on New Posts straight after you mark the forums read, it will give you the option to see posts that have been made in the past 24hrs only. Also, after you mark forums read and click on Today's Posts, it will show anything that has been posted in the past 24hrs only. Just an option for those who want to use it.

Cheers
Col

Last edited by Geez Louise; 22-12-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Added more info
Geez Louise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #13
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It's just a function of the change - the 30 pages is the maximum that it can display and until we each mark the forums read I suspect it will return the 30 pages as there is no marker in the database to say where we read up to.

I've tried with both test accounts so I will see what happens over the next 24 hours.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
kenz
BOSS Pilot

I thought it was just threads I posted in but it was threads I viewed didn't re appear until there was a new post. Just noticed it isn't doing that anymore. Kind of annoying but probably because I'm not used to it

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #15
bartaxr8

Threads are still showing up in bold that I have already read. Not having a dig, just letting you know.
bartaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #16
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Go to the front page of the forum, and just above What's going on, is Mark Forum Read and View Forum Leaders. Click on Mark Forums Read. It will reset it to all threads read, No new posts.

Once you do this, when you log back in again, it will only show the threads you have not read as bolded.

Cheers
Col
Old 23-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Col, I found mine top right under "quick links" scroll down "mark forums read"

I'm running the latest lion on a 27" Imac.....maybe the forum displays differently for us mac users????

Old 23-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise View Post
Go to the front page of the forum, and just above What's going on, is Mark Forum Read and View Forum Leaders. Click on Mark Forums Read. It will reset it to all threads read, No new posts.

Once you do this, when you log back in again, it will only show the threads you have not read as bolded.

Cheers
Col
Worked for me....Thanks

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #19
Geez Louise
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
Col, I found mine top right under "quick links" scroll down "mark forums read"

I'm running the latest lion on a 27" Imac.....maybe the forum displays differently for us mac users????
I forgot about the link to Mark Forum Read under quicklinks.

Are you still having the issue after you marked them read?

Cheers
Col
Old 23-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #20
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no Col, just a little niggly one where if I post in a thread that thread disappears until a certain time period has elapsed

a bit like having a phone call long distance in the old days "hello"....wait five minutes...."hello, who's that"

but look, thats not a problem.....it will sort itself out and become better.....life is full of "hiccup's"

Old 26-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #21
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

So, any idea what's going on with new posts? Doesn't matter wether I'm on my iPhone or Samsung Galaxy Tab2, when I post in a thread it disappears from new posts, and there only seems to be a page and a half of new posts (75 threads) before it shows previous days.
Old 26-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #22
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

I'm having issues also, I thought I'd give it some time to clear, but alas every time I click on new posts it shows months worth.

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #23
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

It isn't (and never has been) an automatic function - if you don't mark posts as read then the ones you haven't specifically read will remain unread (fairly logically).

The act of posting in a thread is supposed to remove that thread from the new posts list because you have been in it.

I don't really care either way - if you want it back the way it was (inaccurate) then I'll do so.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 26-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #24
Geez Louise
Awesome

I think a lot of members forget how much time you actually invest in the forum Russ. Thank you for the efforts you put in. You were working on this and other issues on CHRISTMAS DAY!.....What was everyone else doing? Enjoying themselves no doubt.

Thank you for your efforts. No complaints here. Keep up the good work

Cheers
Col
Old 26-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #25
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can see the technical correctness in it but it seems many would like it the way it has been for quite some time.

Myself I don't find it hard at all navigating this way now.
First day or so was weird but all you need to do is train yourself to a different way of viewing your new post and it will be second nature before you know it.
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
FG inlet and exhaust manifolds
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #26
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

I don't think most members forget how much effort Russellw puts into this forum. In fact I think a lot of members appreciate how much effort he puts in. I know I do.

As with anything change can take time to get used too. I know I don't speak for most members but I liked the old system better. I currently have 1942 new threads, which I know 75% are not new from the last time I logged in. Call me old. But back in my day.... Lol. I like the old system better.

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
Old 26-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #27
Geez Louise
Awesome

Have you marked the forums as read as was suggested earlier in the thread? Since I have done this, I have not had any issues.

Cheers
Col
Old 26-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #28
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

When viewing on the iPhone I have no way of marking posts as read.

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Old 26-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #29
Geez Louise
Awesome

Even through clicking on quicklinks and selecting Mark the forum read? I have done it on my phone, through Tapatalk and without using tapatalk.

Unfortunately, without marking the forums read, all threads will stay that way (unread) as it can not reset itself.

Cheers
Col
Old 26-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #30
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Sadly I don't use tapatalk, I feel no need to pay for something I don't need. I have and do donate to fordforums.com.au. I may also be in a bad mood as I just upgraded to windows 8 from vista and am suffering a massive learning curve for this 30 something old bloke lol

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250