Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 17-05-2018, 04:05 PM   #1
mcsweenyfives

Default MD Titanium headlight fault

So the wife was driving the MD Titanium and stopped at the dry cleaners. No problems before this. When she returned the dash came up with a headlamp fault and the car would not start. I always leave the headlamps on auto so it never changes. I told her to turn the lights off and then the car started but still came up with the headlamp fault.
But then it gets better. The car starts beeping as she was driving along the road. Lots of pedestrians giving a wave. She never knew she had so many friends. I guess that's the consequence of owning Fords.
Anyway after the next stop there beeping stopped but the fault continued.
Next day fault occurred and the left headlamp kept wandering out to the left for no reason and then nothing since.
Took to the dealer 4 days later as that was the earliest they could squeeze me in.
Turns out a right headlamp fault was logged so I am guessing the left has tried to compensate for it. They cleared it and retested but no further issues. So not fixed but I have to observe. They did do a handbrake software update though.
I don't know if it is linked but the wife later informs me that at night the headlamps on occasion had gone to high beam without any control.
Just wondering if any others have experienced any of this.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
mcsweenyfives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2018, 11:43 PM   #2
cooperplace

Default Re: MD Titanium headlight fault

gee, and I'm thinking of buying an MD!
Why are their headlights so complicated?
cooperplace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
mcsweenyfives

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperplace View Post
gee, and I'm thinking of buying an MD!
Why are their headlights so complicated?
They are led and therefore they have certain adr to comply with such as self leveling. They also turn when you turn the steering so you can see where your turning. They're pretty good except for that one issue.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
mcsweenyfives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2018, 06:37 PM   #4
bungfritz
Starter Motor

Titanium models have an auto high beam feature that will activate when the coast is clear and there's no oncoming traffic detected to blind oncoming drivers. Is actually a feature however can be turned off in the settings menu in the car.
bungfritz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2018, 11:50 PM   #5
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I haven't, but there has been a recall previously for MD Titanium headlights. Check if your car is affected.

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11455816
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post