Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 08-02-2016, 06:36 AM   #1
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fram oil filter for TDCi

DON'T buy Fram oil filters! When I fitted it, couldn't help noticing the lack of pleats compared to the used Ford filter. I'd already drained the oil so had to fit it.

No way was that staying in for 12 months!

Old 08-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #2
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fram oil filter for TDCi

Here are some alternatives; Oil and filter change – Mann-Filter HU711/51x / Motorcraft AFL98 / Ryco R2663P / Hengst E44D110 / Mahle OX 339/2 D Eco

The OEM Filter is difficult to source as Ford generally use the Motorcraft AFL98 for servicing. However is should be one of the following; 6C1Q6744AA 1373069 / 6C1Q6744BA 1717510 / 3M5Q6744AA

Old 08-02-2016, 02:31 PM   #3
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fram oil filter for TDCi

The same people supplied oil and air filters; the air filter was a Hengst and looked like a high quality product. The Ryco oil filter looks fine, I'd say at least as good as the Motorcraft, but definitely was not not Supercheap!

I hadn't bought a Fram for years and thought they might have sorted their ***** out by now. But not by the look of the one that I was supplied. Beware.