Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 25-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 
Default Finding your own threads...

Howdy!

Surely there's an easy way to find my threads

I can click on anyone's public profile and hit the "threads started by" link and go direct to the list of threads they have started.....but when I go my home page (User CP), there doesn't seem to be a shortcut link that takes me to my threads.

If I want to go to some of my own threads that I haven't used for a few months, the only way I seem to be able to do that is through the advanced search function....typing in my login name...and listing my threads that way.

Is there an easier way with less clicks?!!

Thanks ;)

TruBlu351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Default Re: Finding your own threads...

You should be able to find it by clicking on your username. From there you will see the threads started link.

Don't do it thru the user CP.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Ahh yes.....sold!

I'll just add that as a favourite.......I think there's no way to get to your own profile page other than clicking on your name from a thread you've already posted in? (pain if you've been away for a few weeks) ie: I thought there would been a link to your own personal profile via User CP etc.

Thanks again.

Old 25-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu351
I think there's no way to get to your own profile page other than clicking on your name from a thread you've already posted in?
You can get to it by going to the Who's Online down the bottom of the front page. When you log in, your name should be the first one in Who's Online.

Edit: Just noticed it is called What's going on? on the front page, in quick links it is who's online...anyway...big box where all the user names are!
Cheers
Col
Old 25-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

You are a legend Col!.....you could be nominated for Australian of the year for that one That's exactly what I was after.....sneaky short cut. Thanks!

Old 25-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

You can also go to "quick link's" in the tab above near the search function, then on the drop down tab, go to my profile, then click on "post's started by ?".
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Sorry Col....short lived time at the top Got the stopwatch out and galaxy xr8's shortcut method is on average (tested 5 times each).....3 tenths quicker when first entering the website