Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 05-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
thearrow

Talking My New Exhaust......

Well I finally took the plunge and bought a new Trubendz exhaust from the USA. I got a cat-back 2.5 inch stainless Magnaflow system for U$675.00 delivered to my office and had it fitted by Tuffy Mufflers in Zetland for A$275.00 this gave an all up price of just over A$1100.00 which is pretty good I reckon. : : :

This system is the quietest of the Trubendz systems but I have to say I am still getting used to the noise but man it sounds sweet. At idle it has a deep burbling sound and when you "light it up" it really growls.

Heaps more power particularly off the line but I don't have any figures on fuel consumption yet as I think the computer is still adjusting itself.

As mine is an ATX I really notice the gear changes now as you can really hear each of the changes as this causes the exhaust note to change.

I ordered the system direct from Trubendz paid via Paypal and it was delivered within 7 days. I can highly recommend their service. If you order now it wil be a little bit cheaper because the exchange rate has gone up.

thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

You know we're going to need photos and audio if you can now you've told us all about it Dave Sounds like you did alright though. I have to admit this is one mod that's been in the wind for a long time for my car and I'm hoping I'll be able to do something about it soon!

Dan
Old 10-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
thearrow

My fuel consumption has been all over the place rising as high as 20.5 L/100k so I tokk it for a run along the M5 yesterday Beverly Hills to Campbelltown and back and it showed a return of 7.5 L/100k which is pretty good as it would normally run at highway speeds at about 8.5 L/100k. Will have to see what happens around town now but this morning I was getting 12.5 which on a cold morning is preety good as it normally runs about 14.5.

Pics will be coming soon next time it is up on my mechanics hoist.
Old 14-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
REDDYZ

Add a POD filter and you will have more fun. It will make huuuuge difference in all ways. Sound, economy, acceleration, response... You will love it...

Yogi
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
thearrow

Already got the K&N POD filter but I intend to upgrade to the full K&N cold air intake - the only problem is that they are U$300.00 so it will be down the track a bit.

My fuel consumption has dropped down to about 10.5 - 11.00/100km around town and about 7.5/100km on the freeway which is pretty good I reckon. I will do better again when I get the full K&N cai.

Man on Man you should hear it now when it gets "ANGRY" it sounds great.
Old 18-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #6
REDDYZ

Can you post underbonnet pic of your Cougar? I wanna see the setup of K&N filter. I wanted to do that but always felt its not a good idea as Cougar's engine bay is packed and always hot and pod filter will suck hot air from engine bay which I thought is not good for combustion.

Yogi
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
thearrow

Yogi I will post a new pic soon. I had no problems fitting the POD filter but I bought the wrong K&N filter at the time. The POD was the filter cartridge only that I bought from the local distributor. I should have bought the whole Cold Air Intake from the USA as it would have given me a better horse power gain, never the less, it has given me a fuel/hp gain and sounds great.