Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #31
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Default Re: Mateship

I've got no mates .. just contacts.. i had to ask a stranger at karaoke to be my best man !!

Yeah we sort of become friends but i havn't heard from him in 3 years...

Want to have NO friends just loan them money.................
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #32
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well being a older bloke now I can look back and say that Mates are what you make of them at any age,Give to them what you can and expect nothing in return and you will never be disappointed in them, School mates are just that mates you have at school, if you are fortunate enough to keep only 1 for your entire adult life your are indeed the lucky 1. Then as you age your work mates become the norm someone to mess around with go to the pub and have a few good times along the way, this also passes hopefully you can keep 1 of them as well. Then comes the wife family phase, you then find a new group of mates along the way, this is just the way of life. I have dozens of people both male and female I call and believe are mates but if I used a rating system the ones I can rely on would be a select few, that's not to say I enjoy the company of any of them less that's just the way it is till finally and hopefully when your done and dusted your couple of true mates and a few good friends will stand around say gees he wasn't a bad bloke was he

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #33
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
I've got no mates .. just contacts.. i had to ask a stranger at karaoke to be my best man !!

Yeah we sort of become friends but i havn't heard from him in 3 years...

Want to have NO friends just loan them money.................

We all know why you have no mates

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #34
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Whoosha is pretty spot on. Right now I have 5 true close mates. Sure our lives are changing as we get girlfriends and save for homes but we make sure to catch up at least once a week. It's easier for us as we all live very close to each other(that's Adelaide for you!) but once we all get our own places it'll be much more family orientated and catching up with them will be a luxury not a given.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #35
Fireblade
Wizard Member

I/we have a group of 4 close mates/best mates if you will, we have a non spoken pact that every friday night of the week is the boys only night, we all catch up for a drink or whatever and not just a quick one, we usually go deep into the night, this keeps us pretty close and in touch, 3 of the 4 of us have wives/girlfriends and 2 of us with kids but they know this is our ritual, sometimes were busy with other things that pop up but we pretty much make it week in week out. Thing is for me, these guys aren't just my best mates but to me they are my family such is the way I think about them, we are all there any time one of us needs it and there has been plenty of these. There used to be a couple more but they chose to fall by the wayside on our journey to today.