The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #961
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotski View Post
Giving up never changed anything. There's probably a quote about a much harder battle that was fought and won, but it's nearly my bed time, and finding it will be effort.

If people want to fight the good fight, let them. Having a cause is better than having no cause. And fighting for the more extreme option, usually results in a middle ground being met. Kind of like proposals in a business. Push the ridiculous agenda, and use the stable, moderate (ie: your actual) agenda as a deal point.
So you'd rather Ford not build anything else but Falcons in Australia?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 27-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #962
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC View Post
Back in the 60's I think they even assembled Falcons near North Fremantle. Somewhere near where the Matilda Bay Brewery is. The building is heritage listed and is still there.

http://inherit.stateheritage.wa.gov....a-8a690bada21c

It in fact the same factory...!
Old 27-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #963
Cuyper

Ford Australia built some half decent cars for a very long time but even until now they never got on top of basic quality problems like rusting bodies, dodgy brakes and breaking plastics. They had to make a choice ten years ago to down size the cars and increase the quality, run a diesel and go for the high end market. They didn't do any of these things and the writing has been on the wall ever since.

Holden have made the exact same mistakes although they do have a higher quality body to work with, that's no going to save them. They had a short version of the VE ready to build with the Torana prototype but choose to build a longer heavier version. Monumental error of judgement. I'm sure Fords demise will give Holden a few more years in large car production with Police sales etc but same general stupid business mistakes and will give the same result eventually. You can't build large inefficient low quality cars and expect them to sell at high prices in today's market. When cars half the price are better quality.

By the way if the plant itself is closing in 2016 I'm guessing car production will shut off any time soon, Mitsubishi only left their plant open to build the required ten year part supply.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #964
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotski View Post
That's the kind of attitude I thought people despised
I thought we were a nation that stood up for and fought for what we believe in.
Yes, once upon a time we were a nation who stood up and fought for what we believed in, but these days our society has become nothing but a bunch of limp wristed, politically correct, self righteous, stuck up latte sipping hipsters who describe their flawed views as 'progress' and the sad thing is, that instead of detesting this crowd, the rest of society panders to them. A person cannot even have an opinion about something anymore without being shot down.
As I have previously stated, I would love to have a time machine so I could go back and live in the 1980's and 90's, as they were far better times than the depressing hole we live in these days.
Old 27-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #965
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
So you'd rather Ford not build anything else but Falcons in Australia?
is that what I said? No. It's not.
I think we should be building more than the falcon and territory here. I started out in auto manufacturing as a student engineer. It's an industry I'd be sad to leave this country, because it's worthwhile, our quality and skills aregreat, and it's jobs.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

3 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #966
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
Putting that aside cause I do agree to a point (I don't agree with blanket tariffs but something does need to be done).
The issue stems a little deeper, Ford from what I remember reading had no plans to export, LHD was never built into the platforms.
Again it goes back to Ford's willingness to invest in the Falcon which was evident they didn't see the need to.
No, blanket tarrifs isn't the answer but for Australia to be able to make money off of our own product, we need to be able to compete with the rest of the world. If charging those countries that don't return the favour to us is a temporary answer then so be it.

In regards to your LHD in the Falcon comment, why spend the money on something that Ford USA won't allow us to do? Wasn't it head office denying our attempts to even research into the possibility of a global Falcon?
Old 27-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #967
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz View Post
Yes, once upon a time we were a nation who stood up and fought for what we believed in, but these days our society has become nothing but a bunch of limp wristed, politically correct, self righteous, stuck up latte sipping hipsters who describe their flawed views as 'progress' and the sad thing is, that instead of detesting this crowd, the rest of society panders to them. A person cannot even have an opinion about something anymore without being shot down.
As I have previously stated, I would love to have a time machine so I could go back and live in the 1980's and 90's, as they were far better times than the depressing hole we live in these days.
this made my day. Once I've mmade the time machine I'll let you know, I'm thinking the same thing myself.
In the meantime I'm trying to mold the next gen into the anti hipster. ;)
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Old 27-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #968
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
It is Ford that didn't want to invest in the Falcon so why should people buy a product that the company doesn't even care for?
It doesn't work like that though. Ford have invested shedloads in the Falcon, trying to re-capture the market with the Ecoboost and ECoLPI, they have a fantastic petrol engine, brilliant turbo 6 but sales have continued to fall through the floor.

The crux of the matter is large cars are not in fashion anymore and it doesn't matter what Ford Aus do, the Falcon nameplate is synonymous with large cars.

No use building a funky new Rubics Cube if the fad is over.
Old 27-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #969
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz View Post
It has a lot to do with national pride and prejudice.......
When you are as multicultural as we are here in OZ - that gets diluted......
The falc ( and commodore ) are national icons respected by the legacy AU buyers. The new "aussies" dont have the same connection with these bread and butter brands.........hence the buying patterns have changed.
I dont think too much has to do with the falc being too big or too thirsty.........its just the fact that in Australia now - we have a lot more Global citizens whose tastes are global and they will purchase a product that stretches their dollar. When you have this type of playing field and these sorts of dynamics in place in such a small market.......I cant see how it would have ended any other way.

Who is to blame ?.........maybe we all are to take a very small part of the blame each. And that's the problem......we all think that in our own little closed worlds that we arent doing much harm by buying just 1 imported car......or another new LCD telly for the kids room.........or just another imported product from eBay because we can save some coin.etc etc..... ( hell....I've done it )
Collectively however - that's where the damage is done. So like it or loathe it......we are a small nation with a big appetite for cheap consumer products with access to supply chains and products all over the world that werent previously available. Global Consumer choice / coupled with a lack of govt protection for local product has created the mother of all self perpetuating messes. In my neighborhood - we cant even get together to rally our council to get the grass cut in the parks more frequently.....our kids get their shins slashed by weeds playing footy........so what chance do we have of rallying behind our locally manufactured products.
We have a new breed of mentality that has reared........apathy with self preservation..........basically - we just don't give enough of a stuff anymore and its all about the short term......and that applies to our national leaders as well.

So in the words of a very wise old little green alien..........
Doomed the falcon was.....a consumers power to buy flows with the power of the cheaper imported product.........
6 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #970
Swedishmoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa View Post
Call me an optimist, and I know all to well that this is clutching at straws.
Between now and October 2016 we have 2 federal elections and a decreasing Australian dollar.

While highly unlikely anything can happen in business and situations can change.
The duratec V6 being a good example.

Alot can happen in 3 years so i'm trying to stay positive.............otherwise there is always the option of becoming like the Valiant guys & taking sollace in the fact that Kias and Hyundais will become the VN/EA of today. lol

Hi mate,

there is a bit of truth in it.

Maybe Ford did that on purpose to kick free an avalanche and FORCE all stakeholders to sit at a table and discuss the future of all car manufacturers in Australia.

In three years a lot of water is flowing down a river and within a business, 6 months is already a long time.

If circumstances change for the better, I don't see why Ford can't change its mind and continue although they mentioned that production in Australia is not viable in a long term view.

The Moose
Old 27-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #971
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't believe it will go the 3 years , whenever the Falcon gets to point it no longer needs to be made, as stocks will be more that adequate for current demand , they will start introducing the overseas variants that we are due to get.
We have been told so we can get used to the fact. Sorry, the horse has bolted and we need to move on. Ford will try to lose as little money as possible in this changeover so expect to see more imports sooner than later. If it wasn't for peoples jobs and welfare it would be a fait accompli already.
The Falcon is dead , long live the Falcon. It was a beautiful ride while it lasted. Now let's look forward to the next chapter of Ford in Australia, after all we can't let the evil side win.
GT450
Old 27-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #972
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I waited till now to post here as I wanted some of the emotion to die down after hearing the news as I’m still saddened and numb that the falcon will be no more in 2016.

I’m sure everything that I could say has already been mentioned in the last 33 pages so will try to keep it brief. My father has driven Falcons since the 60’s and I have only ever owned falcons since the late 80’s. I have been a member here since the beginning along with the original fordforum.com, blue oval news forums and falcon usenet newsgroups. I still remember fondly the first FF raid to the two ford factories and the proving grounds.

I still visit this site regularly. However I haven’t posted much here for a couple of years as I haven’t been in the market for a car and my current Falcon hasn’t had any issues. Hopefully I will be in a position financially to buy the updated 2014 Falcon.
I guess the next question what is the future of fordforums.com.au, will it die slowly as well?

Not sure if this article link has been posted already but it makes interesting reading:
http://m.smh.com.au/national/retraci...524-2k6q8.html

This link also outlines what the Thailand free trade agreement covered:
http://www.dfat.gov.au/fta/tafta/key-outcomes.html
Can they still do treason trials for whoever signed this?

Anyway I have let out a long sigh after typing this out. I guess at the end of the day it’s only a car and we shouldn’t get emotionally attached to them. Only a few weeks ago my dad said he wanted to downsize to a corolla. What is the world coming to :(
Old 27-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #973
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT450 View Post
I don't believe it will go the 3 years , whenever the Falcon gets to point it no longer needs to be made, as stocks will be more that adequate for current demand , they will start introducing the overseas variants that we are due to get.
We have been told so we can get used to the fact. Sorry, the horse has bolted and we need to move on. Ford will try to lose as little money as possible in this changeover so expect to see more imports sooner than later. If it wasn't for peoples jobs and welfare it would be a fait accompli already.
The Falcon is dead , long live the Falcon. It was a beautiful ride while it lasted. Now let's look forward to the next chapter of Ford in Australia, after all we can't let the evil side win.
GT450
tend to agree
they may drop/stop Australian production but its not over until they sell the plants as they may have some future use's
and what ever happens sorry ill stay ford

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 27-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #974
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If Ford sells off the Proving Ground. We might be able to go in and dig up all
those experimental cars including Xa GTHO Phase 4 Bodies, that are buried out there.
Old 27-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #975
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuyper View Post
Ford Australia built some half decent cars for a very long time but ...they never got on top of basic quality problems like rusting bodies, dodgy brakes and breaking plastics.

Brakes were a problem in the BA. Those problems dont exist in the FG.

I am not aware of ANY general breaking plastic complaint.

I am aware of some very small & minor rust issues reported on select vehicles.

The Falcon still massively outsold many other cars - Maxima, Liberty, Accord. So check your VFACTS before saying that the Falcon doesnt sell either old chap.
5 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #976
Swedishmoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
&$@# High Undies. Soulless buzz boxes. We have enough korean whitegoods in our laundry rooms and kitchens. How about 200% tariffs like the koreans themselves impose on car imports and let's see how many still want to gangnam style in their High Undies i30. There has got to be a way to convince govco to reinstate tariffs on imported cars, on at least countries we don't have free trade with, or this nation is doomed.

Hi there,

well, we in Australia have to learn, that FTA's should be fair and not one sided (Thailand-Australia FTA f.ex.).

We also need to learn, that we do not benefit, when we sell our companies to too many foreign investors. There is not much left here which is owned by locals or domestic investors.

The moment Australia establishes a FTA with South korea, GM will seize production of the Cruze in SA and import the Cruze from South korea within the FTA (no tariffs, no tax). And without the Cruze, Holdens production is also not viable.

Ford had the chance to boost manufacturing by producing the Focus together with the Falcon and Territory in Broadmeadows. But Ford in Detroit decided to import the Focus from Thailand within the Thailand-Australia FTA rules.

Our strong believe in the free market is naive, because outhers brag about free markets as well, but don't act accordingly.

Australia needs to protect its industry more.

But the elite with the big bucks is not interested in that...they only collect more money.

Thats the system we all love so much. Sadly

The Moose
3 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #977
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Coming from a dealers point of view I am a little concerned on how many customers are asking what will happen once Ford Australia closes it's doors in 2016...meaning the whole of Ford is leaving the country!!

People are actually thinking there will be no more Ford in Australia. I really hope Ford make it clear we are here after 2016, don't ask me how but they need to do something.
Old 27-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #978
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Governments & industry in crisis talks, yet again the same verbal meaningless propaganda without action.
In the 70s-80s protected tariff market, our population was half of today yet auto manufacturers were pumping out 200,000 each pa.
Enter today, triple population, modern technologies yet the demand is 15000 pa, despite the fact millions of cars are selling.
It's about time we as a nation say no to further job losses and protect our industry with hard tariffs.
Yeah I believe in choice but not at the expense of Aussie jobs .
At the end of the day family is paramount, and whilst the death of Ford is tragic for the car, its more so 4 the families involved.
For this very reason I will NEVER buy a post 2016 Ford ever.
Turn ur backs on the supporters and families of Oz , don't expect a loyal following.

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
3 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #979
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
Coming from a dealers point of view I am a little concerned on how many customers are asking what will happen once Ford Australia closes it's doors in 2016...meaning the whole of Ford is leaving the country!!

People are actually thinking there will be no more Ford in Australia. I really hope Ford make it clear we are here after 2016, don't ask me how but they need to do something.
I had an Email from the marketing department outlining what was happening. I have been buying a new Ford on average every 4 years since 1994. I think all who buy new Ford cars would have got this Email. I have copied it here. Funny thing is it says "since you contacted us" it was in fact the other way around. I have had two calls recently from the marketing people asking what my plans were for a new car.

Steve

Hi Steven

Today, you may hear some news about Ford Motor Company. Since you have contacted us in the past about our vehicles, we wanted to inform you directly that there will be no changes to the way our customers buy and service our cars.
Our customers will continue to buy and service their Fords at local dealers across the country, as they always have.

Whilst we are changing our structure, our commitment to Australia remains strong. We will continue to design and develop great vehicles. We will continue to strive for outstanding sales and service. And, we will continue our long history of serving Australian customers with the very best vehicles to deliver cutting edge technology at an affordable price.

For more information on today’s announcement, please visit www.ford.com.au/about/newsroom.

If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Relationship Centre at customers@fordcrc.com.au or via phone at 133 673. Alternatively, please speak to your local Ford Dealer.

Regards
Old 27-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #980
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
I knew it was something to do with Matilda Bay Brewery. Didn't know it was the only car manufacturer ever in WA. How things have changed. :(
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
Old 27-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #981
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

Quote:

Maybe by big TV adverts and billboards. Something they weren't prepared to do for FALCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Ford Australia should get Ford USA to totally fund the advertising as they caused this.
6th car 95 XG ute
Fords all my life.
Old 27-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #982
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

So I was out kayaking Saturday after noon and found myself pondering what it is about this story that upsets me the most.

Is it the death of the iconic Falcon, and its Territory sibling, or is the loss of local manufacturing, the jobs of 1200 workers and countless support positions in the supply chain?

So I thought about it from their point of view, Falcon isn't selling, and yes it's true, some of that is their doing, but lets not forget the Falcon nameplate has been around for a while, I certainly don't need constant reminding to know that Falcon is available in showrooms, and many of these showrooms neighbour Hyundai, Mazda and numerous other brands.

The fact is, no one wants it, so why build it.
Sure, not everyone buys new cars, and that is an individual decision, but those who do frequent the dealerships of Australia aren't spending much time browsing through the Falcon brochures. Sad but true!

Then I started thinking about the workers. Many of them have been there straight from high school and know nothing else, why should they be the innocent victims of a corporate decision in an office thousands of kilometres from the noisy shop floors in Australia.
Why should their literacy skill levels be brought into question, these people have been crafting one of the best vehicles available in this country, these are good people, they deserve better, they deserve job security.
These faces are familiar, Holden's is only 10 minutes from my door and I have many mates who work in and around the fragile existence that has become the Australian Auto manufacturing industry, how would it impact my neighbourhood if that decision was made here.

Ford plan to continue on in Australia, selling foreign built cars at top dollar, in exchange for Australians wages, the same wages they refuse to assist with post 2016.
I say, we as Australians need to stand up and say 'NO', vote with your cheque books, don't give the American giant another cent unless they support our manufacturing brothers and sisters..

Now obviously it would be a waste of time to continue building the Falcon/Terri here alone as it would cost them too much, but what about if their hand was forced to keep local manufacturing open by building something which can move in volumes.

If the new Ford buyers of Australia stand up and say 'NO', I wont buy an imported Ford no matter how good it is. I wonder how much money that would cost them.

Now, I am not a politician, nor do I have access to the media or even make up face book pages.
But those people exist.

Someone need to start a movement and pressure those in power to get behind it and let these American Auto giants know that Australia wont stand for it.
They may have been building cars in Australia for 90 years, but Australians have been buying them for 90 years too, they've made a few quid out of the deal.

The time is now people, a precedence needs to be set before the General starts to feel comfortable with the scenario and jumps too.
We are always being told to stand up against domestic violence, racism, cyber bullying etc. etc, well, why don't we stand up to Corporate bullying.

Or, perhaps all that salty St Kilda air had gone to my head...

Last edited by BENT_8; 27-05-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 27-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #983
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Funny how all Ford factories look the same.
Old 27-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #984
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME View Post
I had an Email from the marketing department outlining what was happening. I have been buying a new Ford on average every 4 years since 1994. I think all who buy new Ford cars would have got this Email. I have copied it here. Funny thing is it says "since you contacted us" it was in fact the other way around. I have had two calls recently from the marketing people asking what my plans were for a new car.

Steve

Hi Steven

Today, you may hear some news about Ford Motor Company. Since you have contacted us in the past about our vehicles, we wanted to inform you directly that there will be no changes to the way our customers buy and service our cars.
Our customers will continue to buy and service their Fords at local dealers across the country, as they always have.

Whilst we are changing our structure, our commitment to Australia remains strong. We will continue to design and develop great vehicles. We will continue to strive for outstanding sales and service. And, we will continue our long history of serving Australian customers with the very best vehicles to deliver cutting edge technology at an affordable price.

For more information on today’s announcement, please visit www.ford.com.au/about/newsroom.

If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Relationship Centre at customers@fordcrc.com.au or via phone at 133 673. Alternatively, please speak to your local Ford Dealer.

Regards
We got the same email on the day of the announcement. Lets see how the PR people handle this one. Hopefully a lot better than what they have done in the last 6 or 7 years of sitting on there hands.
Old 27-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #985
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

Now, after seeing what has gone down, I feel a bit sorry for bagging out the Ford Australia advertising department for having a non existent Falcon advertising policy. They didn't just get it from here, they got it constantly on Facebook and other forums. Their hands were well and truly tied. For a while I've sort of presumed and detected a disunited Ford. On the one hand the guys doing the work and designing were undoubtedly wanting to push ahead with new products (Ecoboost, EcoLPi) and they must have put their heart and soul into what they produced. Good on them for doing an awesome job. But when it came to marketing it, it just didn't happen. I doubt anyone at Ford Australia wanted this. Maybe Graziano did, maybe reluctantly. He could see who was going to be directly affected by this decision, whereas the Ford USA guys really couldn't care less as they are too far removed from the situation. Ford USA would not have allowed Ford Australia to market the Falcon effectively. That way it would become a self fulfilled prophecy that Falcon would fail. Then it's a domino effect to remove manufacturing from expensive Australia, to cheap Thailand, based on the failure of local production, which was to a large degree orchestrated by Ford USA. I don't think it would matter if Ford sold 100000 Falcons this year, it would all still go offshore.

Focus would never have been made here anyway if Ford USA had anything to do with the decision, due to cost. Also Thailand wouldn't accept the Focus as an import, it had to be made there. Natural decision, give production to Thailand as well as the Ranger and possibly now even the Territory.

Yes big car sales are dropping off, but SUV's are not. Falcons demise has been used to take the Territory away from Australia, yet Territory's sell OK. Still without Falcon, production falls below a certain level and Ford USA removes the Territory from our shores. Australia then just becomes another market to Ford USA, whereas before we were a bit special. The Ford Exploder is not a replacement for the Territory in my book.
6th car 95 XG ute
Fords all my life.
Old 27-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #986
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was inevitable. Patriotism for majority in this country goes about as far these days as showing respect for a couple of hours Anzac day morning then getting ****ed all afternoon and going and buying a Japanese or German car the next day with money theyve inherited or made in an economy which is much stronger than the ones their kids and grandkids will have in this country.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #987
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Roo View Post
If Ford sells off the Proving Ground. We might be able to go in and dig up all
those experimental cars including Xa GTHO Phase 4 Bodies, that are buried out there.
Ford wont be selling off the proving ground as they need to be able to test/evaluate the incoming models that we will be getting.

They also need test all the new models that they design and need evaluation etc.

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 27-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #988
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:

Yes its a problem to many look at it as the Falcon Motor Company, its a message that Ford needs to get across we are the Ford Motor Company.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 27-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #989
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC View Post
I knew it was something to do with Matilda Bay Brewery. Didn't know it was the only car manufacturer ever in WA. How things have changed. :(
Yep, you can pick it from the architecture of the place. I went in there once in the 1980's with my old man but it was being used for storage then.

By the way, Holden had an assembly plant in Mosman Park.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 27-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #990
chriso89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic View Post
Was inevitable. Patriotism for majority in this country goes about as far these days as showing respect for a couple of hours Anzac day morning then getting ****ed all afternoon and going and buying a Japanese or German car the next day with money theyve inherited or made in an economy which is much stronger than the ones their kids and grandkids will have in this country.
this is so true i have said it for a long time - southern cross stickers on toyota hiluxs seem to be peoples perception of patriotism these days and it makes me friggin sick.

i have not been able to stop thinking about what this news means for our country now and it certainly depresses me when ill informed morons leave comments on news websites saying the falcon was too big too heavy and guzzled fuel - these people spreading this Cr4p has also contributed.

i am in the process of figuring out how best to fight for Falcons Survival facebook groups have been started and cruises organised and i believe partitions are starting to surface to save our auto manufacturing sector.
i will be getting actively involved anyway i can because i am truely pi$$ed off at the australian publics attitude.............. this is not just about a car at face value its about having pride in doing something well and quite frankly ford N.A can stick there mustang and Taurus and Fusion right up their 4rse.

end Rant.
Vertini magic Concaves 19x8.5 fronts 19x9.5 rears.
PW S1 cooler kit, Plazmaman T/Side intake+Battery Relocate, 4" Exhaust, Injectors, V-Springs, eBoost2, custom tune + ZF Tune.
-------------------------
-PREVIOUS-
N/A 2010 FG XR6 ute in EGO.
Atomic Stage 4 Cams + Valve Springs.
Full XFORCE 2.5" Exhaust.
Full Custom Tune - 167.2 RWKW

Last edited by chriso89; 27-05-2013 at 06:40 PM.
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread