Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 08-06-2006, 10:13 PM   #1
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default found the cause of my poor performance

The picture tells the story..... I believe this has cause my lousey 1/4 ET and MPH as well as the terrible fuel economy and troublesome starts...

As you can see the key hole is about 19mm instead of 3.5mm as it should be. I would say that this is causing the timing to be retarded by up to 20deg....

The cause of it was from the Mechanic not properly installing the BPT underdrives. What he did was tighten the hell out of the installation bolt and did not replace the installation bolt with the OME bolt. Therefore the U/D did not pull tight up against to Chopper wheel allowing it to rattle around and thus causing the damage that you see now..... I have also added the picture of my OME oil pump gears. They have done 47'000 km. 45'000 of that have been with the BPT underdrives on the car... As you can see they look pretty darn good to me, considering the hard time I have given this ute of mine..... I think it goes to prove what you said and that is the quality of these pump gears are all over the place some good, some utter crud.....

What's your take Chris....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #2
xr8ute
Back on the road

Ouch, is that the crank balancer/pulley assembly? Is there any damage to the nose of the crank at all?

Would have mucked around with your ignition timing (and cam timing?) as well...

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
Chris
AFF.com.au

hmm - no good!!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post