Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
YGOSLO
REVENGE

Default Muscle Cars- FPV v Monaro- Morgan Park

Muscle Car Challenge Monaros v BA GTs

I am wondering how many FPV owners in the Club know about the challenge that this Paul McCamley(organiser of the Muscle Car shootout) is trying to badly organise on the 21st May at Morgan Park. Any person who reads the AMC or who belongs to the GT Club of Brisbane would know of his comments. This guy is living in the past and believes that Muscles Cars do not exist past the 70s, DUH!!!!

Paul thinks that Monaros are Holdens equalivient of FPV, so what rock has this guy been living under!!!! are not HSVs Holdens equal to FPVs Fords. He has stated in the AMC that BA FPV owners are "SKIRTS".

How many Car Clubs have been informed of this challenge, my opinion is NONE, I might be wrong but not as many times as Paul McCamley.

Please your comments guys.

The shootout is the the same day as the Cannonball Day at QLD Raceway.

Regards

YGOSLO

Old 15-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

are you gonna be there tiger and get the roar out of the HSV boys or are we wearing skirts as that mad man Mc Camley states

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 16-05-2006, 08:55 AM   #3
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like an event to stay well clear of IMHO. Good concept, poorly organised by the sounds of it, and very one eyed.
Old 17-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
Tim41
Starter Motor

As a HSV Owner, And have attended this event last year and also attending it this year. I disagree, that this is a one eyed event. Last year there was plenty of opportunity For the Fords to come, And we were hoping they would come As we were told that they were coming. So making it a day of fun for the competitiors and the spectators and a chance for owners of both brands of Vehicles to catch up and have a yarn and share stories. I competed with a group of my Friends on the day last year and managed to get photo's in two magazines. But it was still not as much fun as it would have been Racing against a different Brand Of vehicle. I race against my friends at Queensland Raceway all the time it is fun, But its not as much fun as racing with a variety of different cars. I think righting this event off as a Loss, is both Unfare and a real sign of bad sportmanship. I would love to see The Fords there and actually put there So called Muscle cars were there mouth is and show up and Show Us what Ford Are really about instead of making excuses. Do the Fords make the Ground Rumble or do they just make a mere thud ? :eclipsee_
Old 17-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
BOSS 8
FG GT

I really don't understand
McCamley by his own words (Anything built after 1974 isn't a Muscle Car) and then he try's to Promote his day off the so called Non Muscle Car's :MrT_anim:
Any wonder people couldn't be bothered with him when first he insult's them and then turn's around and want's to make money off them.
Old 17-05-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a BA XR8 ute. Will that be enough to enter or does it have to be a FPV. What are the details of the race and how do I enter(who do I contact). How much. Lastly, if it is a week day, I doubt I will be able to go....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 17-05-2006, 05:57 PM   #7
Tim41
Starter Motor

I to agre that saying that anthing built after 1974 is not a Muscle car is wrong. But the best way to prove someone wrong is to show them with the results. After all isn't about the image its about what the Car can do. Long live the Modern Muscle Car
Old 17-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #8
Tim41
Starter Motor

I have a Ute too. But I have been told that it is to be a GT verse GTS or Monaro race, so I am sharing with my mate who has a GTS. But I still reckon that You should be able to race as it would be good to see all hot FPV's and XR's race. So i would say maybe get in touch with For further details, contact Paul McCamely on

musclecarshootout@hotmail.com

2006 Muscle Car Shootout

Morgan Park Raceway, Warwick

19 (practice) -20-21st of May 2006

Hope to see you there !
Old 17-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #9
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How much

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 17-05-2006, 06:22 PM   #10
Tim41
Starter Motor

It is $200 for the full weekend and that includes day passes for four people.
Old 17-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #11
YGOSLO
REVENGE

If the organisers contacted the correct car clubs the response would of be good. So open the Event for XR6/XR8 BA BF GT v Monaros & HSV GTS/GTO.

My understanding is that it is a time event 2 minutes apart, NO FULL OUT RACING.

Anyone interested.

Regards

YGOSLO
Old 17-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #12
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I just recieved a reply from Paul mcCamley. I am not aloud to race in my XR8. Heres the E-mail.

Hi Matt,
Thanks for your enquiry for the 2006 Muscle Car ShootOut.
Sorry, only BAGTs and new Monaros for the Modern Muscle Trophy.
(got to keep it to the theme of the classic Falcon GT vs Monaro races.)
Come and watch the action.
Cheers, Paul McCamley

Bummer

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 17-05-2006, 09:44 PM   #13
YGOSLO
REVENGE

Well that also puts me out with a BF GT. Does the guy know what Modern Muscle Cars are??????????????.

I am going out for the day on Sunday (probably to look only) any other members want to join me.

Regards

YGOSLO
Old 18-05-2006, 10:51 AM   #14
Kerrie

Why are the BA's allowed and the BF's not. They must be running scared. Anyway YGOSLO, there are a couple of us NSW XR Club members coming up for a look on Sunday too. Just to watch the Holdens get what they deserve. Will see you there.
Old 18-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #15
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would say BF are aloud, it just that it is easyer to call them all BA's. Besides 98 percent of the population don't even know that ford are now calling the Falcon, BF.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 18-05-2006, 06:25 PM   #16
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BF might not be allowed because they are matching up against the Monaro which ceased in the BA era. Pedantic, but I get the impression this is centred around the Monaro.
Old 18-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #17
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BF's are defiantly are in. here is another email I received from Paul Mc Camley...

Hi again Matt,
Just to clarify, 'new' falcon GT includes ALL the new shape - 2003 onwards -
BA etc.
Cheers, Paul McCamley.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 18-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #18
YGOSLO
REVENGE

Default Well Organised Events Go Well

This event is stuffed from the start and will never have a good result. We need to compare apples with apples. I know some of those HSV cars are heavily modified and have excess of $30,000 spent on the engines alone. So is that a fair race with a standard FPV.

So if any Sprint /Race is finally organised at least 3 seperate classes need to be formed, Standard, Modified, and Race. The HSV Club and the FPV Club in Melb organise similar events which are divided into these classes.

Conclusion!!!!!! organise correctly and you will have plenty of participants as they will know the rules and specs.

Regards
Old 18-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #19
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

I can understand not allowing XR6's & XR6T's but not letting in XR8's is stupid!
Old 20-05-2006, 06:11 AM   #20
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I might stick a GT badge on the F6 and turn up .. it seems they wouldn't know the difference.
Old 22-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #21
Tim41
Starter Motor

Default GTS Monaro Has victory at Morgan Park

An Awesome weekend was had by all at Morgan Park there was a huge gathering of Classic Muscle cars. With the likes Of Marty White in His awesome 800HP Mustang and and really quick hardtop it was great to watch. There was a awsome collection of huge horsepower Mopars too. The Modern Muscle Trophy was One By a GTS Monaro with a chip and a set of extractors
posting a time of 1.18 mins. There was only the one Ford GT to compete in the Battle it was a Nice black FPV GTP with a nice quad exaust setup, he did well considering it was his first time and he did not want to let the Fords have a no show. So my hat is off to the guy in the Black GTP for having the guts to show and compete. He said he is going to compete next year and I am sure he will be some real serious competition next year. But for this time the GTS Monaros have the Glory.
Old 22-05-2006, 10:38 AM   #22
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim41
An Awesome weekend was had by all at Morgan Park there was a huge gathering of Classic Muscle cars. With the likes Of Marty White in His awesome 800HP Mustang and and really quick hardtop it was great to watch. There was a awsome collection of huge horsepower Mopars too. The Modern Muscle Trophy was One By a GTS Monaro with a chip and a set of extractors
posting a time of 1.18 mins. There was only the one Ford GT to compete in the Battle it was a Nice black FPV GTP with a nice quad exaust setup, he did well considering it was his first time and he did not want to let the Fords have a no show. So my hat is off to the guy in the Black GTP for having the guts to show and compete. He said he is going to compete next year and I am sure he will be some real serious competition next year. But for this time the GTS Monaros have the Glory.
Old 22-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #23
YGOSLO
REVENGE

Default "Playing with Yourselves"

Tim,

Tell the truth you guys obtained the Trophy by default, you can be the owners of something which has no credibility, a worthless Trophy.

That's the only way you guys gets Trophies is by "Playing with yourselves"

Organise, tell the appropriate Clubs and put in the Classes.
Old 22-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #24
YGOSLO
REVENGE

Default HSV GUYS stop "Playing with Yourselves"

Tim,

Tell the truth you guys! you obtained the Trophy by default, you can be the owners of something which has no credibility, a worthless Trophy on the shelf of "SHAME."

That's the only way you guys gets Trophies is by "Playing with yourselves", and that car has more mods than what you stated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Organise, tell the appropriate Clubs and put in the Classes and we will be there.

Regards

YGOSLO
Old 23-05-2006, 05:45 AM   #25
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did A 1:18 hay. Well had I been aloud to race, I could off gave that fella a run for his money. My lap time around Morgan park are 1:18 on street tyres and little brakes... Have a look at the Monaro's front tyre. He is running a grooved slick and I dare say he has some camber to go with it, and the HSV brakes (which are made by AP Racing) ha ha and he was only good for a 1:18..... Now my blood is boiling.... I want revange, And I want to show those pansies in there Monaro's how to drive.......

Jabba's out to kick some Monaro's butt.........

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 23-05-2006, 09:05 AM   #26
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Settle down jabba, Im on your side, I think I was doing pretty well with the horrific standard E series brakes with glased rotors! We will make a storm soon enough!
Old 23-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #27
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim41
In one sentence you say a 'huge' gathering.. then you say there was only ONE GT.. doesn't that tell the organisers anything... very poor organising skills IMHO!!
Maybe next year they will notify appropriate clubs sooner (like a few months as most have calendars with their own events planned).

Actually I might spin off an email!!!! :
Old 23-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #28
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Caughs* Coyote and 1.09 : :thebirds: : :hihi:
Old 23-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #29
Tim41
Starter Motor

Tony, I have my time slip for the saturday and My best time for the day was a 1.1048. And we were instructed by the Organiser to put on a show so try and keep it so there is not too much of a gap between the three cars, so that is the reason for that time. You had ample oportunity to show up and actually show us instead of talking about how you are going too "Kick Our butts". I love how you can say that we Won by default when there were at least three GT's there on the Saturday when practice was on and only one of them showed up for the real race. And you and I both know that Bobs car has very minimal modifications and if you don't believe me then why don't You ring Joe from the Brock Shop and ask him ? As for Jabba, I have posted in my Old VY2 Maloo R8 and it was stock, a 1.17min and that was on a set of 3/4 worn set of Pirelli's. I actually would have loved to have been able to have taken out my VZ Maloo R8 and it is not stock post some better times again. But Tony and Jabba you have missed the point of what we are trying to do. And that is to spark some interest from you guys. So we can have these battles to see who will Win. But while you keep on not showing up to this event or Queensland Raceway what are we supposed to think. I am not bagging you guys I am just saying come on lets have this Holden vs Ford scenario played out at these track events. I am sure we can have fun and prove this point with facts instead of words. A you guys wolves or sheep ?
Old 23-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #30
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tim. I shot of 3 E-mail to Paul Mccamly and all were responded stating that I can not race my XR8 Ute. And I am sure as hell not going to drive 2.5hrs to Warick just to watch you guys race, I want to race also.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Closed Thread