Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 11-05-2006, 11:40 PM   #61
Pursuit250
Neglecting the P250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
It's a bit far to canberra from where I live without staying overnight. We only use the advance and hurricaines because we know those combo work well. I'm interested in comparing the pacy's though. The 4 into 1 pacy's I had really were not very good in the lower to midrange, more suited for a supercharged application or something like Jimte50's engine.
I'm sure I can arrange a bed for you if you would like to make the trip. He'll be here during the week, like he has done previously, so you might have to organise a working trip.

AUIII XR8 Pursuit 250
241 RWKW with Advance Headers, Twin 2.5" Exhaust, G&D CAI, Walbro Pump, Crow Cam, Custom Tune
Pursuit250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 11:53 PM   #62
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuit250
I'm sure I can arrange a bed for you if you would like to make the trip. He'll be here during the week, like he has done previously, so you might have to organise a working trip.

When exactly is he going to be in canberra...??? I am up to my eyeballs with work commitments and time off is very very limited. I usually have to plan these sought of things months in advance. But i'm interested.

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........

Last edited by Firefox7; 12-05-2006 at 12:04 AM.
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 11:53 PM   #63
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
What was the most noticable difference noddy?

Cheers.
When i installed the thermo it was in the middle of summer here in Brissy and the car felt similar to driving the car in much cooler conditions, like winter driving. In traffic the car doesn't seem to suffer from heat soak as much as it did before too. I suppose in a cool climate the mod may not be as noticable.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 12:01 AM   #64
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuit250
I thought the cooler thermostat was more an issue for the 5.0lt XR8s. Do you have more information on these, i.e. benefits, suppliers, price?
It helps with the edit, you can change a few more variables if you have a cooler thermastat. I don't know the details, but have a chat to Chris about it.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 12:09 AM   #65
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
When i installed the thermo it was in the middle of summer here in Brissy and the car felt similar to driving the car in much cooler conditions, like winter driving. In traffic the car doesn't seem to suffer from heat soak as much as it did before too. I suppose in a cool climate the mod may not be as noticable.

Hmmm..on the central coast N.S.W...one day your cooking in 42 degree temps, next day your putting on a jumper because it's frezzing cold. We get lots of hot temps here...but get blasted with cold southerly changes. Very unpredictable weather.

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 07:16 AM   #66
Pursuit250
Neglecting the P250

Quote:
When exactly is he going to be in canberra...???
Looking to get him here in the last week in June (26 Jun - 30 Jun). Keep an eye on this thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=48365

AUIII XR8 Pursuit 250
241 RWKW with Advance Headers, Twin 2.5" Exhaust, G&D CAI, Walbro Pump, Crow Cam, Custom Tune
Pursuit250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 10:42 AM   #67
hot460

Quote:
When exactly is he going to be in canberra...??? But i'm interested.

Cheers.
I must say, from my BLUEPOWER experience a trip too Canberra will be well and truely worth it! Chris is one hell of a tuner and not a bad bloke aswell. lol. :
I drove from Sydney for him to tune my BA, and I have no hesitation in going back down to Melb in the coming weeks for Chris too tune my BF!!!!!

Chris has always had NO PROBLEM answering ANY questions about any FORDS that I have asked. Including Q's about my XA, BA and BF. If I still had my AU's I would drive the 1800klm round trip too BLUEPOWER for Chris's EXPERTISE!!!!!!! :eclipsee_
Old 13-05-2006, 01:18 PM   #68
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hmmm..on the central coast N.S.W...one day your cooking in 42 degree temps, next day your putting on a jumper because it's frezzing cold. We get lots of hot temps here...but get blasted with cold southerly changes. Very unpredictable weather.

Cheers.
Hey Firefox, I also changed my thermo to a cooler one, 170, down from 185. as Noddy said they do make a difference. I noticed it a lot after a drive back from Brisbane in the summer time. my motor would be red hot and have no power to play. After I installed the cooler thermo my car was a lot better to drive when she got hot. then when I get my car edited Chris set the thermo fans to com on at a lower temp also to stop the car from getting heat soaked. I don't why Ford set the thermos so hot, I can not imagine that they would help preserve the engine. But then again who know why Ford does some of the stupid things they do!

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #69
Steffo
LPG > You

I've been reading through and noticed that apart from strider everything else has been about V8's or BA's. Given the I6 auto was over 90% of all AU's made, what sort of results are being found with the AU I6?
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #70
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dunno, but i got my au3 xr8 edited this morning, and ive been all smiles, Chris is a top bloke...ill be back to visit him after i sort out my exhaust, no doubt about it
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 03:38 PM   #71
Steffo
LPG > You

Thats exactly it.. its all V8 info.. what about some specifics from the I6's? Any I6 dyno graphs?
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 04:15 PM   #72
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

From the first post in this thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=48365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannopower
He told me this morning about an AU XR6 HP he has in there at the moment, Came in Stock with 105rwkw, they added a Defillippo exhaust and a modified SS induction air intake and air filter, and it picked up to 125. He then applied a tune, and it got to 140rwkw, then they put a $150 Vernea gear on the front of the cam and its sitting now at 150rwkw. He said it will be finished today and get around the 157-160 mark. Not bad for a little NA motor!
Old 13-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #73
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not bad at all!! my 200 spec xr8 made 157 today after a flash at bluepower, up from 145, my car is pretty much stock tho
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #74
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
It helps with the edit, you can change a few more variables if you have a cooler thermastat. I don't know the details, but have a chat to Chris about it.
Avoiding heatsoak is good with a cooler thermostat but the car will always run cold enrichment maps and run too rich.I suppose by altering when the cold enrichment maps tirn off would make a big difference.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #75
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Sorry, I cant not say anything here:
Quote:
He told me this morning about an AU XR6 HP he has in there at the moment, Came in Stock with 105rwkw, they added a Defillippo exhaust and a modified SS induction air intake and air filter, and it picked up to 125. He then applied a tune, and it got to 140rwkw, then they put a $150 Vernea gear on the front of the cam and its sitting now at 150rwkw. He said it will be finished today and get around the 157-160 mark. Not bad for a little NA motor!
I jsut had a long chat with Chris about this an hour or so ago and I would like him to respond to it with what he told me to clear up some confusion.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #76
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Avoiding heatsoak is good with a cooler thermostat but the car will always run cold enrichment maps and run too rich.I suppose by altering when the cold enrichment maps tirn off would make a big difference.
To say the car will always run cold enrichment maps with a cooler thermostat is not correct, it really depends on how cool the thermostat is and what the calibration of that particular EEC is.

Changing from the stock thermostat to say an 80 degree thermostat should not drop the temperature into the "cold start" zone. Anyone know what temp the EEC considers the engine to be in "cold start" and "normal" operating temps?

Recalibrating the EEC to suit the lower temp thermostat would certainly help maintaining a lower coolant temp during normal operation, but you wouldn't change the "cold start" enrichment features, you would just change the temperature that the temperatures that the thermo fans switch on/off.

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 07:06 PM   #77
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
To say the car will always run cold enrichment maps with a cooler thermostat is not correct, it really depends on how cool the thermostat is and what the calibration of that particular EEC is.

Changing from the stock thermostat to say an 80 degree thermostat should not drop the temperature into the "cold start" zone. Anyone know what temp the EEC considers the engine to be in "cold start" and "normal" operating temps?

Recalibrating the EEC to suit the lower temp thermostat would certainly help maintaining a lower coolant temp during normal operation, but you wouldn't change the "cold start" enrichment features, you would just change the temperature that the temperatures that the thermo fans switch on/off.
When I had a cooler thermostat in the au the ecu reading the coollant temp sensor stayed in cold enrichment mode alot longer.It is part of all car's startup feature and similar to the choke on carbie cars.Once normal operating temp was reached it stopped.However driving around the needle crept back down colder and the maps kicked in again.The car ran rich at such times and idled rougher..like it starts in the morning with a normal thermostat. Changing the temperature setting for triggering these maps should be of benefit while eliminating heat soak.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 13-05-2006, 07:49 PM   #78
xr8ute
Back on the road

What temp thermostat where you running Satv?

5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Old 14-05-2006, 12:28 AM   #79
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Do you have anymore info on this 4.0L mate? So is that stock headers and cat with a Defilippo cat-back?

Which SS inductions intake, the BA-style or their AU-style?

What sort of power did it finish up making, any dyno sheets? From 125-160rwkw with just tuning is unbelievable...

Old 14-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #80
Stav
Smile

I am currently running the standard one because I had those issues I mentioned above. However I do believe that it is worth 3-5 rwkws from dyno differences if not more.

Old 14-05-2006, 10:01 AM   #81
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Do you have anymore info on this 4.0L mate? So is that stock headers and cat with a Defilippo cat-back?

What sort of power did it finish up making, any dyno sheets? From 125-160rwkw with just tuning is unbelievable...
That is a lot with no cam change, would be good to see the dyno sheet with AFRs. It's getting more tempting to mod now there is the edit to do it properly...
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 10:15 AM   #82
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
That is a lot with no cam change, would be good to see the dyno sheet with AFRs. It's getting more tempting to mod now there is the edit to do it properly...
So am I, its great work with great results would love to see the dyno sheets
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 10:55 AM   #83
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Quote:

From what I saw, It has the Difillippo headers, not sure what the rest of the exhaust is.

AU style SS induction.

Don't know what the final number was, but it didn't go from 125-160 with edit alone, it went from 125-140 with the edit, then the Vernea gear was put on the front of the cam and it went to 150rwkw.
Old 14-05-2006, 11:24 AM   #84
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:

Thats awesome power from an I6 AU HP and not a VCT !!!!!!
What kind of RPM is it developing that power ??????
Any dyno sheets ???
Old 14-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #85
SWOOP
XRSVO

well from what I know/saw of this vehicle and its progress all specs mentioned so far are correct ,ssv intake ,difillipo headers and tailpipe,and Bluepower tuning and a few small tweaks of things ,I saw figures above 150rwkw on thursday night and I must say this thing boogies through the gears for an auto
defintily going to hit HPR hard for a very mild I6

by now its prob more anyways
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #86
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Got to see the dyno sheets on each stage.

Certainly opens the market up nicely as these power figures are unprecedented in the market for a stocked cam car.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #87
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Just bring it to Heathcote Chris and let the ET and MPH tell the story. When the green flag drops........
Dyno numbers are all well and good but ET's dont lie.

I cant wait to line up and see how mine goes against it either

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.

Last edited by Casper; 14-05-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 05:18 PM   #88
b2tf
not here much anymore

I'd be very keen to see some dyno sheets.
Old 14-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #89
stiddy
Banned

Yeah it all sounds good... but dyno sheets wouldnt go astray...
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #90
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
From 125-160rwkw with just tuning is unbelievable...
I'm with you. Some dyno sheets would be good if possible Chris (when you've got the time) 125 to 160 is an awesome leap in numbers for a stock cammed AU.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post