Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 09-05-2006, 02:32 PM   #31
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'm not bagging out Chris at all and, for the record, have had a number of chats to him in PM's answering questions he has had and generally just having fun. I've even spoken to him on the phone.
His results with the BA's speak for themselves an I have never bagged that either.
What I am say is that suddenly, after ignoring the AU's totally or even bagging them out in the past, a lot of you seem to be posting up how much wonderful work Bluepower has done with AU's and R&D. This is simply not true. Chris has even said it himself that there is a long path ahead of him with the tuning of AU's, just like everyone else.
I am happy for anyone and everyone to work on the AU's as I am passionate about them. I will not however stand by and let misconceptions and unsubstansiated propaganda go out to the AU owners about who has done what and where.
I'm all for threads like this, a happy AU owner is all I ask, however lets leave it to the AU owners and Chris to do the speaking rather than having propaganda posts. If BA owners wish to say how great they have been treated please do.. but lets just keep it real.

As for G&D's mods on AU's. Runs are on the board there. Hamo's I6 is the 2nd fastest I6 auto I know of (not bad considering its less than 0.10 off a car that JMM threw everything at) and there has been a number of AU V8's roll out the door with various mods and sucesses. I wasnt actually comparing them though.

I am not too sure what you mean regarding 'misconceptions and unsubstansiated<sp> propaganda'. Does the results of your current mods fall into this category until you hit the track???
Chris has been editing AU's since at least Nov 05 and as these are not just generic tunes there has been R&D involved. So why is it so hard to believe there has been no R&D by BluePower.
I did not realise that anyone in this thread had mentioned how good (or otherwise) G&D were with AU's. I mentioned your car mod thread in regards to you saying whatever you liked there, but when someone gives praise to Bluepower in a thread specifically regarding Bluepower, it can't possibly be true, according to you.

Chris

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #32
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

We are heading the same way again, off track and it really peeves me how people do this.

Go back to the original post and re read it, if your not adding to that discussion take a hike!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 03:51 PM   #33
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
I am not too sure what you mean regarding 'misconceptions and unsubstansiated<sp> propaganda'. Does the results of your current mods fall into this category until you hit the track???
Chris has been editing AU's since at least Nov 05 and as these are not just generic tunes there has been R&D involved. So why is it so hard to believe there has been no R&D by BluePower.
I did not realise that anyone in this thread had mentioned how good (or otherwise) G&D were with AU's. I mentioned your car mod thread in regards to you saying whatever you liked there, but when someone gives praise to Bluepower in a thread specifically regarding Bluepower, it can't possibly be true, according to you.

Chris
I spoke to Chris this morning and had a long discussion with him about AU's and edits. I think you might want to do the same... for the last time I was not bagging Bluepower however facts are facts and I'm trying to make sure these facts are not "coloured" by any misconceptions.

As for my car, it is most certainly untested and an "unknown". In fact, very few edited AU's have made it to the 1/4 from anyone yet ... which is exactly my point. After May 20th I'll have the runs on the board. Until then its an unknown

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 04:06 PM   #34
BJMXR

It certainly amazes me how often forums (on any topic on the net) turn into silly arguments. Whatever the argument is here, i agree with "Laminge" that it needs to stick to the topic only.

As far as this tuning goes with Bluepower (on topic), it sounds great. I look forward to hearing the results Tornado!

I fear my engine mods will start happening soon, and i can imagine its a snowball effect... once you start, you can't stop!

I'm thinking the
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #35
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think people still need to remember its not all about 1/4 times too, ive spoken to Chris, and a number of people who have had their AUs edited, without a single ET mentioned but it was enough to convince me to go ahead with the edit, just on the basis of drivability, economy, and good old fasioned 'seat of the pants' feel, for the deal bluepower is offering, there should be no hesitations....mines going in this saturday, i cant wait!!
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #36
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
If all goes well and I can make it, I will be going to the Heathcote drag meet on the 20th. I hope to have the car tuned on the 18th. I do however need some rear tyres.

Chris if that offer still stands I would like to borrow those tyres you offered. My current tyres are on the wear marks and have very little grip left.
ooops I got my dates wrong, Car should be getting tuned tomorrow, not next week, Might be doing the exhaust next week
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #37
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
ooops I got my dates wrong, Car should be getting tuned tomorrow, not next week, Might be doing the exhaust next week
Shouldn't you really be sorting out your exhaust before the tune ?

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #38
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Chris will edit it again at no extra cost if I do get a new exhaust
Old 10-05-2006, 10:31 PM   #39
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Chris will edit it again at no extra cost if I do get a new exhaust
Ahh cool , np ;) . Good luck with it , im looking foward to hearing ya results from the edit .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #40
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Sounds interesting and great to see the AU's getting edits and improvements. Just out of interest, what sort of improvements have been seen with the Bluepower edited I6's be it XR6's or regular Falcons?
Old 11-05-2006, 12:01 AM   #41
HLC
Audi S3

with all these performance shops coming forward, im gonna have a tough choice of where to go in like 5 years provided i still have the AU!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:03 AM   #42
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
with all these performance shops coming forward, im gonna have a tough choice of where to go in like 5 years provided i still have the AU!
The closest one
Old 11-05-2006, 12:09 AM   #43
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Chris (Blue Power) in my humble opinion is the GOD OF FORD TUNING!!

He achieves this not only by his supreme customer service, exceptional value for money, real results, unique knowledge but also by far his passion for Fords.

When I chose to talk to tuners, Chris stood out by a mile from the rest. Not only does he look after you on the day but you form a great relationship where if you have any problems he is only a phone call away. And anyone that knows him can see he needs the mobile glued to his head because all manner of people ring him for his expertise.

I agree without hestitation to the fine words said about Chris in this thread.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:52 AM   #44
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVd_uP
I think people still need to remember its not all about 1/4 times too, ive spoken to Chris, and a number of people who have had their AUs edited, without a single ET mentioned but it was enough to convince me to go ahead with the edit, just on the basis of drivability, economy, and good old fasioned 'seat of the pants' feel, for the deal bluepower is offering, there should be no hesitations....mines going in this saturday, i cant wait!!
Sounds like the crux of modding to me.If I could run a 12 in the wagon that would be great .But for me as most its gonna see the 1/4 maybe 3 times at all.A car is meant to be enjoyed and most of its time is spent on the street.If we are having fun and people are happy with this guy then good on the bloke. Hes running a special and its worth considering. If his cars are kicking *** then I give that bloke thumbs up...What did I say elsewhere???? GIVE THAT MAN A BEER!!

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 12:32 PM   #45
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:

I want to see how much power and more importantly torque increases I can get without changing any T3 bits, using the existing hardware and only an edit.

I agree with that too goran. Get as much out of it as you can, before you do any serious mods. It will basically give everyone an idea of the benchmark the edit provides. I think it's great that the tuners are starting to take an interest in the AU's, and it's about time. I'm certainly interested in the edit myself.

Keep up the good work chris, looking good so far.:1syellow1

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #46
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Just got back from my long drive after getting the edit.

Initial impresion is that it doesn't really feel all that different down low, but up top the revs climb fast after 3000 and it feels like its pulling alot more. Its still great down low, but its always been great down low. The graph shows an increase accross the whole range, so I think it doesn't feel like there has been a change down low 'cause of the bigger change up top, if you know what I mean.

I need to drive it a bit more, but I think the kickdown needs a bit more work. It feels like it is holding the gear longer before it kicks down.

For the guys that want to know the numbers.
On this dyno my stock figure was 208.3rwkw. After the edit it went to 225.7rwkw, so a peak gain of 17.4rwkw, but it did gain 20rwkw in some sections uptop of the rev range. Torque also increased accross the whole range, once again more towards the top end.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #47
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

This being the mini tune Goran, I gather there is a lot left in the tuning.

So, I gather your fairly happy with her now, but I think after the exhaust and a tune based on your feed back it should be an interesting experience.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 06:23 PM   #48
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

I think with a set of Tri-Y headers and twin 2.5" exhaust and maybe a CAI, the bottom end torque will really pick up. The top end gains are what I was expecting as the factory headers are a 4-1 header which work better up top.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #49
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
I think with a set of Tri-Y headers and twin 2.5" exhaust and maybe a CAI, the bottom end torque will really pick up. The top end gains are what I was expecting as the factory headers are a 4-1 header which work better up top.
Does anyone make a 4 - 2 - 1 times two of course for the V8? I know at least on a motorbike this configuration is great for mid range and like Goran said, the 4-1 is for top end.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #50
Pursuit250
Neglecting the P250

Locked in my CAPA Box and are just making arrangements for the tune. : Might be heading down to Melbourne in a couple of weeks, or alternatively, Chris is planning a trip to Canberra in late June. Looking forward to seeing what Chris can do. If I get gains anything like Goran's I'll be wrapped.

AUIII XR8 Pursuit 250
241 RWKW with Advance Headers, Twin 2.5" Exhaust, G&D CAI, Walbro Pump, Crow Cam, Custom Tune
Pursuit250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #51
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Great stuff Goran it's certainly coming along nicely, I am watching this closely as you know soon I will be doing the same.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #52
Pursuit250
Neglecting the P250

Quote:
Talking to Chris tonight about my tune he recommends the Pacemaker Tri-Ys with the 1 5/8" primaries. He thinks the 1 1/2" primaries on the Hurricanes and Advance Headers will be a restriction. We'll have a play when I'm getting the custom tune to see if we comfirm his suspicions.

I am still on a mission for torque, which Chris is in favour of, so lets see how it all pans out. You never know, I might be in the market for Pacemaker Tri-Y's, PH 4001 I believe. They are about $575 on Ebay.

AUIII XR8 Pursuit 250
241 RWKW with Advance Headers, Twin 2.5" Exhaust, G&D CAI, Walbro Pump, Crow Cam, Custom Tune
Old 11-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #53
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuit250
Talking to Chris tonight about my tune he recommends the Pacemaker Tri-Ys with the 1 5/8" primaries. He thinks the 1 1/2" primaries on the Hurricanes and Advance Headers will be a restriction. We'll have a play when I'm getting the custom tune to see if we comfirm his suspicions.

I am still on a mission for torque, which Chris is in favour of, so lets see how it all pans out. You never know, I might be in the market for Pacemaker Tri-Y's, PH 4001 I believe. They are about $575 on Ebay.

Well mate,

He could be right. Would be interesting in comparing the liverpool extractor and the pacy's on the same car. We also run the rear resonator too with the hurricanes, and removing it most likely would see another small gain. But you never know untill you try it. I say go for it mate and let us know the results. Shame chris wasn't sydney based.

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Old 11-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #54
Pursuit250
Neglecting the P250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
Shame chris wasn't sydney based.
He's coming to Canberra in June. You might have to make another trip this way (in addition to the Dutton Rally).

Oh and to clarify, when I say Chris recommends the Pacies, that was with a custom intake and a good tune. He understands that we are making good gains with the standard tune using the Hurricanes/Advance Headers.

AUIII XR8 Pursuit 250
Old 11-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #55
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:

I was with Chris in my car on the dyno the first time you called him today, He told me that he was thinking of going to Canberra. good luck with your tune mate, it would be good to see what he does with your ute.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #56
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Oh and to clarify, when I say Chris recommends the Pacies, that was with a custom intake and a good tune. He understands that we are making good gains with the standard tune using the Hurricanes/Advance Headers.
Also wack in a cooler thermastat, thats something that Chris picked up on with mine and I will change it some time soon.

Last edited by Tornado; 11-05-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:13 PM   #57
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

The cooler thermastat was probably the cheapest mod that made such a noticable difference, i think i got mine from bpt but i'm sure you can get them anywhere. I will be installing one into the TS50, didn't i say no mods will be done to the TS? This will be the only one!

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #58
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
He's coming to Canberra in June. You might have to make another trip this way (in addition to the Dutton Rally).

It's a bit far to canberra from where I live without staying overnight. We only use the advance and hurricaines because we know those combo work well. I'm interested in comparing the pacy's though. The 4 into 1 pacy's I had really were not very good in the lower to midrange, more suited for a supercharged application or something like Jimte50's engine.

Cheers.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #59
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
The cooler thermastat was probably the cheapest mod that made such a noticable difference, i think i got mine from bpt but i'm sure you can get them anywhere. I will be installing one into the TS50, didn't i say no mods will be done to the TS? This will be the only one!
What was the most noticable difference noddy?

Cheers.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #60
Pursuit250
Neglecting the P250

Quote:
Also wack in a cooler thermastat, thats something that Chris picked up on with mine and I will change it some time soon.
I thought the cooler thermostat was more an issue for the 5.0lt XR8s. Do you have more information on these, i.e. benefits, suppliers, price?

AUIII XR8 Pursuit 250