Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 08-05-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Default BluePower Service

Chris from Blue Power Racing Developments has a special on for us AU guys, full custom edit for $995, so I had to investigate this offer and went for a drive to visit Chris this afternoon. I wanted to have a chat with him about the AU edit and see if it was worth doing on my stock T3.

He is a great bloke and spent alot of his time talking to me about the edit and what I should expect from it, then he says lets put the car on the dyno and have a little play. Well a couple of hours latter I'm on my way home with a mini test edit. He said drive it around for a week and then let me know if you want to go ahead with a full custom tune. So I left around 2.5hrs latter with a dyno readout of 219.6rwkw and my money still in my pocket.

He has given me a try before you buy mini edit.

The rev cutout has been moved to 6000rpm and I noticed that it seems to pull harder once it gets over 2500rpm. It feels like the revs build up faster over the 3000rpm mark now. There was only a few things changed, but I can notice a difference, just in the way the revs pick up in the car now.

The maximum increase over stock was a 15rwkw increase at the top end, the bottem end went up by around 2.5rwkw and then the gap just got bigger as the revs increased.

A great selling point is that Chris said that if i was to get any future mods he will alter the edit to suite at no charge.

I think I will be going ahead with a full custom tune. It would be good to see just how much we can get out of the T3 with only an edit and no changes to the stock hardware.

Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

that's fantastic Goran- despite all the fence-sitting with the AUEdit this is a fantastic thing that I find so hard to believe has been met with such scepticism.

I'm more than confident you'll be impressed with the results of the tune- in the hands of a capable tuner these are fantastic thing- the best money you can spend on the car.

Particularly with the auto too- as the ECU takes timing out of the car at the shift points to soften the change- that thing will rip through the gears now and probably chirp the wheels now too.

Well done Goran- good to see you jumping aboard the mod ship.... lol

And that's a great thing Bluepower are doing too- it's always nice to know what you're getting begfore you have to fork out the cash.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
shepv8
V8's for ever

just got my flasher today from Chris at bluepower.
Awesome, 2nd gear is unreal now and 4th feels like 3rd used to.
Chris's service is the best, almost makes me want to live in melbourne.....
hang on, what am I saying!!
shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

All I can say is that Lowride has had his car edited there and each time I see him his smile just gets wider!!Take me for a ride dammit!!Good going tornado!!

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 07:18 PM   #5
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
Well done Goran- good to see you jumping aboard the mod ship.... lol
And the car can be brought back to stock in under a minute.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:32 PM   #6
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
And the car can be brought back to stock in under a minute.
mine too:

Nah, seriously mate it's great to see. Really pleased for you- power is a funny thing though Goran, it a bug that bites and bites hard.......
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 07:47 PM   #7
SWOOP
XRSVO

excellents stuff mate ,Chris is a madman when its comes to his customers and there fords with out a doubt best service around

how alive does the car feel? if it anything like mine you wont wipe that grin off for a while
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 08:01 PM   #8
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well it's about time some of you AU guys got of the fence and gone for the Edit... I cant agree more about Chris, there is no doubt that he is the Ford Edit Guru. But I do have a big issue about him : ,,,, He need's to pack up his shop and move to QLD, so he can tune our cars up here....LOL

Love ya work Chris :

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 08:04 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Theyre already cloning sheep aren't they? Maybe there can be 2?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #10
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Great stuff, now that's good customer service, try before you buy and it's only a mini edit, you could probably expect alot more, I can't wait to see your result's off the full edit if you go for it.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #11
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Sorry for the crappy pics, but I only had my phone with me. I wasn't planning on getting the car on the dyno today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08-05-06_1331.jpg (28.5 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg 08-05-06_1332.jpg (38.2 KB, 151 views)
Old 08-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #12
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I have signed up for this offer to, I am supposed to be selling my car but just can't help myself (see the cars for sale thread) I really don't want to sell her. Should be on this weekend, can't wait. I spoke him today and he sounds like a top bloke. If it comes out ok I think I will mod the bejesus out of it going forward, bugger the company car.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:38 PM   #13
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get the company car and keep the AU for weekends
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #14
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Here's one of the graphs from today.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #15
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry for the crappy pics, but I only had my phone with me. I wasn't planning on getting the car on the dyno today.
Jesus Chris, it's about time you gave the shop a clean :thebirds: ..... Hey and what with the lump of timber leaning up against the wall.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 10:40 PM   #16
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Looking forward to seeing the full custom tune, 219 is a great start.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #17
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Chris from Blue Power Racing Developments has a special on for us AU guys, full custom edit for $995, so I had to investigate this offer and went for a drive to visit Chris this afternoon. I wanted to have a chat with him about the AU edit and see if it was worth doing on my stock T3.

He is a great bloke and spent alot of his time talking to me about the edit and what I should expect from it, then he says lets put the car on the dyno and have a little play. Well a couple of hours latter I'm on my way home with a mini test edit. He said drive it around for a week and then let me know if you want to go ahead with a full custom tune. So I left around 2.5hrs latter with a dyno readout of 219.6rwkw and my money still in my pocket.

He has given me a try before you buy mini edit.

The rev cutout has been moved to 6000rpm and I noticed that it seems to pull harder once it gets over 2500rpm. It feels like the revs build up faster over the 3000rpm mark now. There was only a few things changed, but I can notice a difference, just in the way the revs pick up in the car now.

The maximum increase over stock was a 15rwkw increase at the top end, the bottem end went up by around 2.5rwkw and then the gap just got bigger as the revs increased.

A great selling point is that Chris said that if i was to get any future mods he will alter the edit to suite at no charge.

I think I will be going ahead with a full custom tune. It would be good to see just how much we can get out of the T3 with only an edit and no changes to the stock hardware.
gotto agree he sent a cai up for me to try before you buy as well let me drive around for a week . at no cost when i decided it wasnt what i wanted . ie ( it was not a bluepower one ) it was another. he had no problems with me sending it back . no charge whatsoever. a true good business man . not many of em left. .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 01:49 AM   #18
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

l have one thing to say to you AU owners.
You have only just worked out that you have a top tuner for your AU's
where have you guys been, l drove a AU XR8 before and after and my god what a difference not so much in the end KW result but the low-mid range power and torque was like driving something that should of come out the factory in this state. And as always Blue power since starting way back in Febuary last year racing and editing cars has always set the benchmark for R&D, tuning and track records as l know personally as l have been there from the very beginning.

So cheers Guys enjoy.
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 08:00 AM   #19
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
l have one thing to say to you AU owners.
You have only just worked out that you have a top tuner for your AU's
where have you guys been, l drove a AU XR8 before and after and my god what a difference not so much in the end KW result but the low-mid range power and torque was like driving something that should of come out the factory in this state. And as always Blue power since starting way back in Febuary last year racing and editing cars has always set the benchmark for R&D, tuning and track records as l know personally as l have been there from the very beginning.

So cheers Guys enjoy.
??? As far as AU's go....?? Sorry but I have to disagree. Chris has done fantastic work on BA's and BF's agreed but the AU market and R&D?
As for AU track records... my car will have a bit to say about that I think :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 08:12 AM   #20
5 FTR 5
Made the 300 :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
??? As far as AU's go....?? Sorry but I have to disagree. Chris has done fantastic work on BA's and BF's agreed but the AU market and R&D?
Yes true Casper others have done very well with the AU's
Old 09-05-2006, 10:04 AM   #21
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Well atleast you guys know your in good hands, and all takes time Casper.
As you will ask any tuning shop that the ratio from the BA to the AU tuning wise is very small when talking AU as it's like they are hesitant to try anything, no offence to you guys at all thats just my opinion.
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 10:07 AM   #22
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Tornado, it sounds like the T3 has really taken to the Edit quite nicely.

This is something on my mod list now.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:22 AM   #23
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Apologies Casper, if anything awry has been mentioned here. This thread appears to be a thread in regards to Bluepower Service, and it warms me to hear people speaking with happiness with regards to their car, and the service we give.

At no time have I claimed to be the king of AU's, i am just feeling quite honoured to be surrounded by customers that we can please, as the performance of their cars is as important to them as it is to us.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #24
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Quote:
I thought the thread was 'Bluepower Service' not let's bag Chris out for his work on the AU. Why do you question that he has done any R&D for the AU?
A lot of people doubted his ability with the BA at the start and look where his cars are in the standings.
I didn't notice anyone doubting G&D's ability modding your car in the threads you started so why come on here and question Chris's ability?
When Tornado started the thread, it was to tell of the good service provided by BluePower.

Chris

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 11:06 AM   #25
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

When it comes to the AU edit, I think all tuners are still learning and when it comes to the T3 I don't think any tuner is an expert. There just hasn't been that many edited and I don't think there is any stock T3 with an edit, so it will be interesting to see what an edit can do for a stock T3. Other guys have had heads and cams replaced. From the looks of things my car will get very close to the T-Series bandits in Sydney who have manuals and exhaust and CAI mods. I think one also has a piggy back chip.

I want to see how much power and more importantly torque increases I can get without changing any T3 bits, using the existing hardware and only an edit.

Then I might look at exhausts and headers. From the initial readings it looks like the 4-1 headers are working well uptop, but not too much gain has been seen down low. I hope further tuning will bring the bottom end up a bit.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #26
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
I thought the thread was 'Bluepower Service' not let's bag Chris out for his work on the AU. Why do you question that he has done any R&D for the AU?
A lot of people doubted his ability with the BA at the start and look where his cars are in the standings.
I didn't notice anyone doubting G&D's ability modding your car in the threads you started so why come on here and question Chris's ability?
When Tornado started the thread, it was to tell of the good service provided by BluePower.

Chris
I'm not bagging out Chris at all and, for the record, have had a number of chats to him in PM's answering questions he has had and generally just having fun. I've even spoken to him on the phone.
His results with the BA's speak for themselves an I have never bagged that either.
What I am say is that suddenly, after ignoring the AU's totally or even bagging them out in the past, a lot of you seem to be posting up how much wonderful work Bluepower has done with AU's and R&D. This is simply not true. Chris has even said it himself that there is a long path ahead of him with the tuning of AU's, just like everyone else.
I am happy for anyone and everyone to work on the AU's as I am passionate about them. I will not however stand by and let misconceptions and unsubstansiated propaganda go out to the AU owners about who has done what and where.
I'm all for threads like this, a happy AU owner is all I ask, however lets leave it to the AU owners and Chris to do the speaking rather than having propaganda posts. If BA owners wish to say how great they have been treated please do.. but lets just keep it real.

As for G&D's mods on AU's. Runs are on the board there. Hamo's I6 is the 2nd fastest I6 auto I know of (not bad considering its less than 0.10 off a car that JMM threw everything at) and there has been a number of AU V8's roll out the door with various mods and sucesses. I wasnt actually comparing them though.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 12:06 PM   #27
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Hey that offering a mini-tune/edit and so forth - try before you buy kinda thing - allthough not the full edit but a rough idea what to expect - that is absolutelly excellent customer service Bluepower ! - The price of these edits and not knowing how much of a difference i will get bang for buck sorta has turned me off handing over my $$ so easily , but being able to actually 'sample' the real thing in your 'own' car is a bonus imo - great stuff guys . Even just an offering like that makes me feel more confident that it probably would be bang for buck np - sounds like nothing to hide - not just a 'gimme ya money, gimme ya car ... here's ya car, don't wanna see it again' kinda deal . wd ;) .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #28
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Hey that offering a mini-tune/edit and so forth - try before you buy kinda thing - allthough not the full edit but a rough idea what to expect - that is absolutelly excellent customer service Bluepower ! - The price of these edits and not knowing how much of a difference i will get bang for buck sorta has turned me off handing over my $$ so easily , but being able to actually 'sample' the real thing in your 'own' car is a bonus imo - great stuff guys . Even just an offering like that makes me feel more confident that it probably would be bang for buck np - sounds like nothing to hide - not just a 'gimme ya money, gimme ya car ... here's ya car, don't wanna see it again' kinda deal . wd ;) .

I agree with you on these points and when a few more members such as Goran have a custom tune and are able to take the car to the track and see an improvement in et/mph thats when au owners will open their wallets. Dyno sheets are nice but we haven't seen any real world results on a stock au auto.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #29
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

If all goes well and I can make it, I will be going to the Heathcote drag meet on the 20th. I hope to have the car tuned on the 18th. I do however need some rear tyres.

Chris if that offer still stands I would like to borrow those tyres you offered. My current tyres are on the wear marks and have very little grip left.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:46 PM   #30
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
If all goes well and I can make it, I will be going to the Heathcote drag meet on the 20th. I hope to have the car tuned on the 18th. I do however need some rear tyres.

Chris if that offer still stands I would like to borrow those tyres you offered. My current tyres are on the wear marks and have very little grip left.
No problem!

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post