Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Performance Vehicles Club of Tasmania > General Discussions

Old 17-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
gizmo302

Default caretaker

Hi everyone, just thought i would say hello.
Ive just been given the pleasure for caring for a AU xr8 manual sedan, and i love it.
This vehicle is owned by my wifes uncle, but he has only driven it once in two years.
Its sat outside for all of that two years, never washed,or looked after, let alone started.
He asked if i could keep it at my place as he does not have the room for it anymore, ive been trying to drive this car for a long time and finally he said i can drive it around if i look after it.
Its black,v8 of course and 5 speed. covered in crap,cobwebs,interier is full of dog hair cobwebs etc.

gizmo302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Look at the state of that poor car!, what ever you do dont give it back!, it doesnt deserve to be treated so pooly!! :
Old 17-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Yes, well she certainly needs some TLC.
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
gizmo302

Im hoping it will be mine sooner or later, i will clean it up and detail it in the next few weeks.
ive just come back from its first drive in two years, it ran perfect, and it sounds great.
Old 18-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
DayTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shame to see it get like that, but a little elbow grease (well maybe a lot) and a few hours spent detailing it, it should come up pretty well!
Good luck to you!

Oh, and I would spend a few $$ and change all the fluids in it too, coolant, brake, engine oils etc.
Old 18-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would try and get him to sell it as a rough looking (but OK) car. If you detail it nicely he will want more for it because it looks good again...
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #7
gizmo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
I would try and get him to sell it as a rough looking (but OK) car. If you detail it nicely he will want more for it because it looks good again...
Thats what i thought, but hes not ready to let it go yet, and i dont want to drive it in that condition.
What would it be worth? in this condition or cleaned up?