Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 18-10-2018, 11:55 PM   #1
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Replacement brake discs

I'm recovering from a back injury, so had to pay someone to change the rear pads for me. I expected it would need new discs, but they were above the minimum thickness and were successfully machined.

I will keep an eye on the disc thickness, as I doubt they will outlast the new pads. When they do need replacing, should I buy Euro discs, such as genuine Ford ones, or will standard aftermarket be OK?

It still seems strange that the rear pads wore out while the front pads still have plenty of life in them.
Old 19-10-2018, 06:45 AM   #2
asteele-xr6

Default Re: Replacement brake discs

At a guess without looking - the rears are probably a different size.

I used to have a Peugeot 508 and it would use two sets of rears for each set of fronts... and they were ridiculously expensive!
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-10-2018, 07:59 AM   #3
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The front discs are 300x28mm while the rears are 302x11mm so I'm surprised the rears aren't below minimum thickness. I know DBA do a front replacement DBA2128E (standard) or DBA2128S (slotted). The only rears I am aware of are the Bosch CD1203 (Part No. F 026 A06 789).

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2018, 08:05 AM   #4
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is a thread I started a few years back, I am sure the info will still be relevant to you and your vehicle; https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...brake+pads+ate
Old 19-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #5
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

I have Ridex front rotors (bought OS part of a big order) with Bendix Pads bought here in AU.This were a repair from a Neanderthal and a impact wrench.

Protex rear rotors with Bendix pads bought locally.

I find capitalising on an OS order is where it's at but you need planning so you need to know what's going on with your car. Other stuff that I can get locally will often be sort like pads fluids ect...If you're only buying for a specific issue they buy in au, but any big ticket items (so to speak) plan and enjoy the savings.

It's said Euro cars are more expensive which is true but it's not always the case, not with the mondeo.
Old 19-10-2018, 11:51 PM   #6
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks everyone. The new pads are Remsa Ultra Ceramic, so I am hoping for good performance and clean wheels! They do seem noisier at low speed than the old pads, but are still bedding in so I will reserve judgement.

Last time I looked, about a year ago, the front pads were about half worn.
Old 31-10-2018, 01:56 AM   #7
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've done a few hundred km but the pads are taking ages to bed in, although they are much quieter now.

Not sure if the Remsa pads were the best choice - they do seem much "harder" than the originals.