Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 03-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #31
scout

Default Re: Cougar parts/maintainence

Use a High Tensile bolt as it has the force of the engine on it, for this you may need to go to a bolt supplier or engineering supply shop.
scout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #32
scout

There are Cougar parts on Ebay at the moment if you contact them they may have the mount you need.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Coug...item35b41c9785
scout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #33
thearrow

Just rang the contact on the link and this vehicle is a manual so give them a call and see if they will get the part for you.

Good to own but "High Maintenance"

2000 Model Eibach Cougar (Auto) - Now dead & buried
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2011, 02:55 PM   #34
CougarGirl
Starter Motor

Wow!

Many thanks to EVERYONE here for your responses!

I'm checking out whether I can get the bolt replaced, also called the guys from the EBay listing (thanks scout & arrow), waiting on a call back with more info.

Thank you for letting me know about the right terminology, I've had some communication (and cultural) differences with my german mechanic. It certainly helps to know what it is called! I found a great picture on the web of the part from a place called BAT Inc in Florida but unfortunately they don't have it in stock.

My hunt continues! Thanks guys!

CougarGirl
CougarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #35
thearrow

Just lately I have been having trouble when my fuel has got low as shown on the LCD display as having 60km left in the tank. The car starts to run really rough and has no power what so ever. A fuel refill immeadiately fixes the problem.

A search of NECO reveals that this is "ANOTHER" common problem with our cars and is caused by the fuel pump sucking up muck from the bottom of the fuel tank. It's funny because it has only just started doing this so will have to investigate what it is going to cost to get the fuel tank cleaned out.

Good to own but "High Maintenance"

2000 Model Eibach Cougar (Auto) - Now dead & buried
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #36
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrow
Just lately I have been having trouble when my fuel has got low as shown on the LCD display as having 60km left in the tank. The car starts to run really rough and has no power what so ever. A fuel refill immeadiately fixes the problem.

A search of NECO reveals that this is "ANOTHER" common problem with our cars and is caused by the fuel pump sucking up muck from the bottom of the fuel tank. It's funny because it has only just started doing this so will have to investigate what it is going to cost to get the fuel tank cleaned out.
Just doing some reading on a couple of other Ford Forums US / UK and it would appear that this problem may be associated with the fuel pump, apparently there was a recall on certain models due to a flow problem with the fuel pump. What you are describing with the car running rough and losing power is one of symptoms so it might be worth enquiring about it. However IMO as you are experiencing this problem when the car is low on fuel I would suggest (if you haven't already) try replacing fuel filter/s

Last edited by Russ; 10-10-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #37
REDDYZ

Agree with Russ, its not convincing that pump is picking up muck when low on fuel. Its easy to access fuel pump and see inside the tank before you proceed any further. Just lift up rear seats from front end and take them out or just leave them standing upright and you can see fuel pump right in the middle of rear seats. Take the pump out (few bolts & just be careful with gasket) and look inside the tank and you can see if there is any debris or buildup inside the tank.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #38
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

If you still need that bolt, try Boltmaster in Tullamarine Victoria, they're just off Sharps Road, they have anything and everything when it comes to Bolts, or try Metric Men also in Tullamarine.

http://www.boltmasters.com.au/

http://www.themetricmen.com.au/
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post